SSM bill passes the Senate 61-36

I get that. The Good Word. The basis of the good word is however wholly reliant on the core issue of human damnation as a presupposition. Damnation is implied before the Good Word is even required. Jumping straight to the Good Word assumes the veracity of this conjecture of some pre-existing condition deserving death at the get-go. Thus the cancer analogy. Just tell everybody they have cancer and scare them into some belief of their horrible future, and sell them the Good News.... oncology. There was actually a doctor here in Michigan, Farad Fata, that did exactly that. Every patient he saw was declared to have cancer and he plugged them in. My boss went to him, but the guy was arrested before my boss went into the false treatment. The fear he felt was enormous.. it changed his life.

Is that really good news? Religion seems to think those types of messages are fair game because of some supernatural authority, an authority they don't question and can't explore.

At least with the sexual identities with children, we will see in real-time how that plays out and will eventually have to change our anything-goes approach to that. As for the after-life... can't explore it, experiment with it, change our attitudes about it based on evidence over time. For the religious, fear and psy-op terroism is allowed... condoned... just get the job done.... get em' plugged in.
I see what you are saying except that many see the world in a mess and none of us able to be good and all mess up even when we dont want to.
Of course of one doesnt believe in God then they wont be worrying, will they? If we dont give such a faith message to children, then we certainly dont give them a message that is a proven lie. And unfortunately the latter is happening far more than the former

I see what you are saying except that many see the world in a mess and none of us able to be good and all mess up even when we dont want to.
It is a mess. And you are absolutely correct that even the best of our intentions fall short of not messing stuff up. It is hard enough to navigate the realities of this life without having to navigate conjectures of the next as well.
Of course of one doesnt believe in God then they wont be worrying, will they?
Not about the next life, but contrary to some christian's belief about atheist/secular humanists... we do worry, morally I might add, about this life, the one we touch and feel, and how would you say... have our beings.
If we dont give such a faith message to children, then we certainly dont give them a message that is a proven lie. And unfortunately the latter is happening far more than the former
Yes, but fear does not promote faith. Fear promotes desperation, and you can sell desperate people just about anything.

It is a mess. And you are absolutely correct that even the best of our intentions fall short of not messing stuff up. It is hard enough to navigate the realities of this life without having to navigate conjectures of the next as well.
Although the promise is there, especially for all who believe who suffer injustice.

Not about the next life, but contrary to some christian's belief about atheist/secular humanists... we do worry, morally I might add, about this life, the one we touch and feel, and how would you say... have our beings.
but it was the afterlife we were talking about

Yes, but fear does not promote faith.
correct.
1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."
But that of course is the love of God.

You're floundering.

Other people have obligations on Sunday.
No I am not floundering.

I was a working parent, and had to stuff errands into available timeslots, usually weekends, in between soccer games and birthday parties and haircuts and etc. When you have to fit all those things into two days, then it helps to have shops open on both of those days.

No I am not floundering.

I was a working parent, and had to stuff errands into available timeslots, usually weekends, in between soccer games and birthday parties and haircuts and etc. When you have to fit all those things into two days, then it helps to have shops open on both of those days.
It is called organization and planning

Because the people who went to church chose not to stop and business would be down.
Only 22% of the US goes to church at least once per week - why should the law close businesses on Sundays for one fifth of two-thirds (and falling) of the country?
You act like people who worship God inconvenience you.
When they deprive the rest of us of a day of access to goods and services, they do.

Only 22% of the US goes to church at least once per week - why should the law close businesses on Sundays for one fifth of two-thirds (and falling) of the country?

When they deprive the rest of us of a day of access to goods and services, they do.
The only business closed on Sunday in the region I live in is Chick-fil-A. All during the week it's drive-through has long lines. I suppose there may be some Chick-fil-A lovers who feel deprived.

Reactions: BMS
People do make it work and not shop on Sundays.

You really do take perverse pleasure in your attempt to stick it to Christians
Leftist atheists like cracker and vibi are the epitome of petty, it's in their blood.

If they see something you care about, you think is good, they will attack it, act like it's a cause of the chaos they ferment.

Leftist atheists like cracker and vibi are the epitome of petty, it's in their blood.

If they see something you care about, you think is good, they will attack it, act like it's a cause of the chaos they ferment.

Left or right, imposing is imposing

The only business closed on Sunday in the region I live in is Chick-fil-A. All during the week it's drive-through has long lines. I suppose there may be some Chick-fil-A lovers who feel deprived.
Well, there are plenty of regions that had or still have Blue Laws that require many businesses to be closed on Sunday. This is a major inconvenience.

Well, there are plenty of regions that had or still have Blue Laws that require many businesses to be closed on Sunday. This is a major inconvenience.
In every part of the country that I a familiar with, any store closed on Sunday does it voluntary

Gays are not going to reproduce whether or not they are married, so gay marriage does not affect population.

Next?
It's funny...and so, your justification for gay marriage amounts the to t-ball moms insisting that every child gets a trophy. Sigh...very difficult to explain to them why that is a bad idea, and TERRIBLE pedagogy.

Reactions: BMS
Unless it's the noun form of "establishment" - how do you know it's not?
This is weird..."Establishment" is a noun. It comes from the verb "to establish" and it means "the result of establishing..." How can "establishment" be anything other than a noun. (It doesn't mean "setting up" either, but that which has been set up, recognized, enforced or established."

Back