SSM bill passes the Senate 61-36

I cited a respected scholar.
What a meaningless claim, and flaccid appeal to authority. Fauci was "a respected scholar" too, who still have a voice, despite the hundreds of millions he's making off the COVID crisis of his own creation.
You seem unaware of the different gospel narratives and their glaring contradictions
No...but from what you've shown on this forum, you are completely oblivious to any biblical argument at all. I've only been studying the entire Bible since 1970. My knowledge doesn't approach that of real Bible scholars, but it outweighs any bizarre observations you've tried to pass on as meaningful.

Professor, in all candor, you're still acting like you have any authoritative basis to make your claims. In the several posts I've read of yours despite your absurd claims to superior credentials and general depth of intelligence, you've only belied your own claims to fame. Citing a so-called scholar is not claim to knowledge. It's argumentam ad googiliam, a little latinesque lingo I just invented that means "resorting to a readily available, and subjectively curated go-to source of general knowledge when one is particularly ignorant in a given area."

Part 2
The gospels are not histories. There is no magic in history. They are hegiographies
There is no magic in the Bible. God is not magic any more than His creation is...

The manifestations occurring when men cooperate with a loving Creator are the result of faith, not magic, and are supernatural only in that nature is incapable of doing what an authoritative voice can do.

“All thinking men are atheists”
-Ernest Hemingway
Yeah...run with that one.

He committed suicide and ended his brilliant writing career.

You seem totally unfamiliar with real biblical archeology. Sounds like you are getting your misinformation from Sunday School
You make your claims before you post...and when you encounter those with more experience, you dismiss theirs as if you had any.

You have shown none. If you have a claim other than Google, produce ti.

If the story of the census is true them Matthew is wrong about Herod being around, since he died 10 years earlier.
Herod's death is disputed...as is the actual date of the census. Since Luke is meticulous in his scholarship, far more than you've shown yourself to be, careful scholars have accepted Luke's testimony as unassailable. Fools have claimed otherwise on the claim that "there is no such thing as magic or miracle," asserting their own lack of experience as the source of knowledge and a self-promoted font of wisdom. Much like your own.

It’s your magic book, man.
You've never read it. You have no clue.

one of the genealogies could be true, or they could both be false, but they can’t both be true
Will not argue genealogy. The non-essentials are non-essential.

you don’t even care, do you?
About genealogy? Nope...we're told not to, but you carry on. It buttresses your own assessment of yourself and your brilliance. BTW...you do realize that these two passages represent much less than 1% of the testimony of scripture, right? And, I'm assuming that not a single name on the list is familiar to you, these genealogies really only serve to highlight your own ignorance of that same testimony.

you are just content being wrong
Being wrong as you are? That's a temporary symptom of ignorance. It's overcome by study. Because, actually...study satisfies me. That's what keeps me going since 1970. I highly recommend it...with further study of the English language...and, why not? Other languages. I've studied ten, but I only really speak three, and read a fourth: Koine Greek...the language Paul wrote so well in.

Last edited:
We are seeing how it plays out with children. And its abuse
I think your assessment is correct in many cases. If kids don't feed emotionally off of peers, which can keep them somewhat normalized in their experience, they'll feed on trendiness, being different, cool, fitting in with a misfit ideology... who is the most woke, the most affected, the most aggrieved. Those wonky years need a bridge over them provided by the experience of adults. A wait and see "this to will pass" long term mentality. I fear that most that are exploring these alternate lifestyles are doing just that.... exploring. No time to be making any permanent changes.

you don’t even know what a real scholar is
Do you know the word "pedantic"?

Just checking. Real scholarship is a relationship with scholars, not with google. And real scholarship brings with it the humility that makes every investigation one of wonder and discovery.

Humility is a quality, Professor, you need to encounter one day.

I took a class on it with several friends. I got a 99%. My wife only got a 98%, so I clearly know humility.

How am I doing? Do you see the mirror I'm holding up?

real scholars agree with my worldview because my worldview is grounded in reality
Wahahahaha...All the friends I've associated with agree in unison: Your "worldview" is myopic...to compete with cyclops.

I understand you do not know this, but real Biblical scholarship follows the same academic standards as every other discipline
Exactly...Real biblical scholarship begins with the Bible itself...not with atheists laying claims against it. That's why your claim is to an egregious counterfeit, not real biblical scholarship.

you people just make stuff up and try to rationalize your dogma. You start with an answer and try to rationalize it. That is the exact opposite of scholarship
Sorry, Professor. You can make no claim, because you have done zero research into anyone's background. You've just made dubious claims of your own imagined prowess and intellectual superiority which you seem to rate as your super power. I'm thinking your crib was probably made of kryptonite.

Last edited:
You did quote a respected scholar, but that doesnt mean that scholar must be right because you agree.
There are apparent contradictions in the Bible, though not always in holistic context
The majority of scholars would disagree with what he says.
Not the majority - by a long shot. What @Backup is referring to is the consensus opinion based on a direct reading of the materials. Luke and Matthew have irreconcilable nativity narratives that even fundamental Christians acknowledge via apologetics. The narratives were obviously backwards referenced to the OT prophecies as the split between Judaism and Christianity formed in the 1st century and the gospels were narrated to support the split.

Part 2There is no magic in the Bible. God is not magic any more than His creation is...

I know you don’t like the word “magic”

It’s still magic.

The manifestations occurring when men cooperate with a loving Creator are the result of faith, not magic, and are supernatural only in that nature is incapable of doing what an authoritative voice can do.
You can try to hide behind more flattering word and poetry but it
Yeah...run with that one.

He committed suicide and ended his brilliant writing career.
He was right. Virtually every major intellectual achievement in the past hundred plus years has been by an atheist, despite the small numbers

You make your claims before you post...and when you encounter those with more experience, you dismiss theirs as if you had any.

You have shown none. If you have a claim other than Google, produce ti.

Herod's death is disputed...as is the actual date of the census. Since Luke is meticulous in his scholarship, far more than you've shown yourself to be, careful scholars have accepted Luke's testimony as unassailable. Fools have claimed otherwise on the claim that "there is no such thing as magic or miracle," asserting their own lack of experience as the source of knowledge and a self-promoted font of wisdom. Much like your own.
Luke and Matthew contradict each other in a number of ways. That’s no surprise. Just proves the book is not magic. I never imagined it was.

You've never read it. You have no clue.

I’ve read the Bible. Odd accusation. I imagine most people on this forum have read it. At least the atheists. Some of the Evangelicals seem to imagine it’s a 2 page pamphlet that says “gays are yucky…yet somehow so compelling.”

Will not argue genealogy. The non-essentials are non-essential.

Essential in that it is a clear contradiction between gospels
About genealogy? Nope...we're told not to, but you carry on. It buttresses your own assessment of yourself and your brilliance. BTW...you do realize that these two passages represent much less than 1% of the testimony of scripture, right? And, I'm assuming that not a single name on the list is familiar to you, these genealogies really only serve to highlight your own ignorance of testimony.

Being wrong as you are? That's a temporary symptom of ignorance. It's overcome by study. Because, actually...study satisfies me. That's what keeps me going since 1970. I highly recommend it...with further study of the English language...and, why not? Other languages. I've studied ten, but I only really speak three, and read a fourth: Koine Greek...the language Paul wrote so well in.

I’m not doubting your education (that is the sort of thing the trolls do here) but there is a lot of fake “scholarship”-fake accreditations, fake publishing houses, often outright lies taught by Christians that, if you are the least bit gullible, you can get burned by.

I know you don’t like the word “magic”

It’s still magic.
I just don't like ignorance, and I shake my head when it's deliberate. You're posts don't have the intellectual honesty to move me either way, although you consider yourself an intellectual powerhouse,.

You can try to hide behind more flattering word and poetry but it
I'm trying to have nothing at all to hide.

He was right. Virtually every major intellectual achievement in the past hundred plus years has been by an atheist, despite the small numbers
Again, you've demonstrated your ignorance. You have nothing but your own bigotry on which to base your claim. Sorry.

Luke and Matthew contradict each other in a number of ways. That’s no surprise. Just proves the book is not magic. I never imagined it was.
You've never read them. You are clueless. You've read the reader's digest claims and speak from that authority.

I’ve read the Bible. Odd accusation. I imagine most people on this forum have read it. At least the atheists. Some of the Evangelicals seem to imagine it’s a 2 page pamphlet that says “gays are yucky…yet somehow so compelling.”
Everyone has read the verse "God helps those who help themselves" and claim to have "read the Bible." The claim is much cheaper than the hundred hours put into reading it once.

That you have clearly never done,.

Essential in that it is a clear contradiction between gospels

I’m not doubting your education (that is the sort of thing the trolls do here) but there is a lot of fake “scholarship”-fake accreditations, fake publishing houses, often outright lies taught by Christians that, if you are the least bit gullible, you can get burned by.
Yep...there is a lot of fake on CARM as well. Thanks for the honesty at last, and for this last kindness.

you don’t even know what a real scholar is

real scholars agree with my worldview because my worldview is grounded in reality

I understand you do not know this, but real Biblical scholarship follows the same academic standards as every other discipline

you people just make stuff up and try to rationalize your dogma. You start with an answer and try to rationalize it. That is the exact opposite of scholarship
How? You quoted Robin Lane Fox and said he was respectable, I agreed he is respectable and now you say I dont know what a real scholar is
So is Robin Lane Fox a respectable scholar but not a real one?

Back