St Faustina and Divine Mercy

ding

Has anyone here read the diary of St Faustina? What did you think of it?

What are your thoughts on the Chaplet of Divine Mercy?

RayneBeau

Has anyone here read the diary of St Faustina? What did you think of it?

What are your thoughts on the Chaplet of Divine Mercy?
What is the reason why Roman Catholics can not say the rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet during Mass?

illini1959

How do you know this?
There are lots of reasons and they can all be summed up by this: there is not one thing scriptural about her and her "visions".

Take this: In one of her supposed talks with Jesus, Maria was given an assignment to produce an image of Jesus she saw. Jesus told her the image was to be venerated; in fact, Jesus promised her that those who venerate the image would never perish.

What's wrong with that picture?

mica

What is the reason why Roman Catholics can not say the rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet during Mass?
they'd miss something the priest mumbles? or when to kneel, sit or stand? they'd dose off and possibly snore or fall over in the pew?

ding

There are lots of reasons and they can all be summed up by this: there is not one thing scriptural about her and her "visions".

Take this: In one of her supposed talks with Jesus, Maria was given an assignment to produce an image of Jesus she saw. Jesus told her the image was to be venerated; in fact, Jesus promised her that those who venerate the image would never perish.

You mean Faustina not Maria.

What is wrong? I don't see anything wrong.

Bonnie

Plenty. If she actually had a vision, it was not Jesus who told her any of this stuff. Certainly NOT to venerate an image of Him! I read where she also thought she had to suffer for sinners...Jesus has already "been there, done that"--completely!

Also, it has the face of the image from the Shroud of Turin supposedly matching up with the face of Jesus that was painted, based on her vision...I thlought the Shroud of Turin was eventually proven to be a very sophisticated hoax, some years ago, from radiocarbon dating, though maybe I am not remembering correctly. I remember reading a long article about it, in some magazine, though I have forgotten which one, as it was decades ago. I seem to remember that scientists managed to duplicate the effects of the picture in the Shroud using some acid process, but it was pretty sophisticated.

Last edited:

Bonnie

Of course you do not! You are Catholic. Generating pictures and statues of Jesus...mere images...highly unbiblical, not to mention, bordering on idolatry--is par for the course, in the Catholic Church.

Last edited:

illini1959

You don't see anything wrong with Jesus telling her, or anyone, that if they venerate a picture of him they wouldn't perish?

That is not what He tells people they need to do in order not to perish.

Hint: John 3:16