Study of Music in the Bible & History

Study of Music in the Bible & History

Resource materials:

We may discuss scripture and history of music here.

God is the author of all music that is good.

Psa_33:2 Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings.​
Psa_92:3 Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound.​
Psa_144:9 I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee.​
Eph_5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;​
Col_3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.​

Satan is the perverter of all good music, making perverted music.

Exo 32:17 And when Joshua heard the noise of the people as they shouted, he said unto Moses, There is a noise of war in the camp.​
Exo 32:18 And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear.​
Eze 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created​
Eze 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.​