Sun and Moon stopped giving off their light

Yodas_Prodigy

Here's a thought... When the sun and the moon no longer give off their light, it has been offered by Dispies that the world is covered by smoke or clouds. The plain meaning of the sun and the moon not giving off their light is just that. The sun and the moon stopped giving off their light. The world then freezes...

If the sun and the moon light are blocked by clouds, they are still giving off their light. We just can't see it.

So dispies believe in literal interpretation when it fits their presuppositions...

Yodas_Prodigy

the sun will stop because it's not His.

The sun going dark is directly related to the Change, when the 144k sons of Him are restored to their original nature, the birthright lost at the fall.

It has nothing to do with weather or clouds.

Sorry, this is absolutely one weird post. You just juxtaposed "sun" with "son".... and ... Who doesn't own the sun?

RiJoRi

I don't think I have a horse in this race, so could you tell me where "the sun and the moon no longer give off their light" is found, please?
(BTW, what's a "dispie"? - - just to make sure my guess is right :D)

--Rich

RiJoRi

Matt. 24:29; Mark 13:24; Acts 2:20.

I believe this refers to a dispensationalist which is semi-synonymous with millennialist.
Thanks a lot!
I find dispensationalism to be an interesting concept - even though there are 5 or so dispensational schemes! I do, however draw the line with hyper-dispensationalim, that's just off the wall! (In trying to "rightly divide the word", they wind up with rags and tatters!)

Thanks again,
--Rich

RiJoRi

Here's a thought... When the sun and the moon no longer give off their light, it has been offered by Dispies that the world is covered by smoke or clouds.
IF someone said "the sun and the moon no longer give off their light" - using the verses Kade has thoughtfully provided - I'd point them to Strong's or Thayer's:

Strong's Definition: From the base of G4639; shadiness, that is, obscurity (literally or figuratively): - darkness.

Thayer Definition:
darkness
of night, darkness

So, while clouds or smoke might be a cause of solar (and hence lunar and stellar) dimness, there's nothing to say God didn't "turn the Sun down" in some other fashion.

Regards,
--Rich

Last edited: