sun and moon

Yodas_Prodigy

9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.

What do the sun and moon represent?

9 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.

What do the sun and moon represent?
Maybe Robbie can tell us if we are to understand this literally or not

Never said they were literal in Joe's dream, but I'd say the sun & moon represent Joe's dad & mom, & in V 10, Jake seemsta think so too. The stars represented his bros. It came to pass when Joe became Pharaoh's Grand Vizier during the bumper crops, followed by the famine in Egypt & Jake & family came to Egypt & came under Joe's protection.

Never said they were literal in Joe's dream, but I'd say the sun & moon represent Joe's dad & mom, & in V 10, Jake seemsta think so too. The stars represented his bros. It came to pass when Joe became Pharaoh's Grand Vizier during the bumper crops, followed by the famine in Egypt & Jake & family came to Egypt & came under Joe's protection.

So, is it possible this same idea is used when using the sun, the moon, and the stars in the Olivet Discourse??

Yes, but it was symbolic, with Joe knowing the symbols' meanings, while Jesus' words were NOT; they were literal.

How do you know? This is where you have failed to prove your position... Your position is what is called a presupposition... You believe they are literal before ever reviewing other evidence... Roby, your assumptions are clear... You did a miserable job responding to my previous thread with your name on it....

How do you know? This is where you have failed to prove your position... Your position is what is called a presupposition... You believe they are literal before ever reviewing other evidence... Roby, your assumptions are clear... You did a miserable job responding to my previous thread with your name on it....
Not at all. Prets say the eschatological events have already occurred, but haven't proved a word of their assertions. Instead, they've tossed red herrings & presented bunny trails to avoid the truth.

Back