Super Bowl 2023 teams?

BJ Bear

Who do you think will win, or who do you want to win, this weekend in the conference championship games? The games are the Cincinnati Bengals vs the Kansas City Chiefs, and the San Francisco Forty-Niners vs the Philadelphia Eagles.

I think the Super Bowl this year will be a rematch of the Bengals and Forty-Niners.

Yes, go Chiefs! Or for the football historians, go Super Chiefs! (I think that was a Hank Stram thing.) It was an entertaining game.

They both deserved to be there, but I am interested to see how well Philadelphia does next year when they play a first place schedule. It won't be as soft as this year and even if they have a similar record they will probably enter the playoffs with more wear and tear.

Yes, go Chiefs! Or for the football historians, go Super Chiefs! (I think that was a Hank Stram thing.) It was an entertaining game.

They both deserved to be there, but I am interested to see how well Philadelphia does next year when they play a first place schedule. It won't be as soft as this year and even if they have a similar record they will probably enter the playoffs with more wear and tear.
I gotta say...the hand resting on the back of a player when the ball is way overthrown...isn't holding.

As far as a tough schedule...3 out of the 4 of the NFC divisional playoffs were from the eastern division which they were of.. which shows it wasn't a soft division.

I gotta say...the hand resting on the back of a player when the ball is way overthrown...isn't holding.
Yes, I can see how some people might say that, but the defender admitted after the game that he held him. I think the ball being uncatchable is going to influence a pass interference call rather than a holding call.

From my perspective as one rooting for a player to do well rather than a team, the refs missed enough calls that neither team received a clear advantage.
As far as a tough schedule...3 out of the 4 of the NFC divisional playoffs were from the eastern division which they were of.. which shows it wasn't a soft division.
That may be the best point that can be made for a positive inference, but I will wait and see about next year. It didn't seem like the Chiefs were at their best, for example, a hurt QB, youngsters in the o-line and other non prominent players filling in. The Eagles may have had similar problems but they didn't pull away or win.

I think the 2023 season is going to be really interesting with some also rans picking up steam.

Btw, if you are an Eagles fan then you are much better off than Chargers fans. The Chargers passed on Sean Payton to continue the on the job training of a guy who may never be a good coach.

Yes, I can see how some people might say that, but the defender admitted after the game that he held him. I think the ball being uncatchable is going to influence a pass interference call rather than a holding call.

From my perspective as one rooting for a player to do well rather than a team, the refs missed enough calls that neither team received a clear advantage.

That may be the best point that can be made for a positive inference, but I will wait and see about next year. It didn't seem like the Chiefs were at their best, for example, a hurt QB, youngsters in the o-line and other non prominent players filling in. The Eagles may have had similar problems but they didn't pull away or win.

I think the 2023 season is going to be really interesting with some also rans picking up steam.

Btw, if you are an Eagles fan then you are much better off than Chargers fans. The Chargers passed on Sean Payton to continue the on the job training of a guy who may never be a good coach.
Anyway...time for pitchers and catchers.

Back