Supreme Court rejects Texas case to overturn POTUS election

Electric Skeptic

So...where are all the people who have been telling us to just wait until it all got to SCOTUS? So far they're 0 and 2 on even getting SCOTUS to hear a case.

Come on, Trumpites...where are you?

Bob1

So...where are all the people who have been telling us to just wait until it all got to SCOTUS? So far they're 0 and 2 on even getting SCOTUS to hear a case.

They're trying to think of something to say in the face of this new shock to their skewed view of reality. They thought SCOTUS was going to save them after Drumpf stacked it. The Trumpanzees now have to come up with a new "just wait" date.

vibise

It is over.

But this attempt to subvert a democratic election should not go unpunished.
The AGs, lawyers and elected officials who supported this and other subversive actions should be subject to ethics investigations and disbarment, at the very least.
There was clearly no justification for any of this.

Whateverman

It is over.

But this attempt to subvert a democratic election should not go unpunished.
The AGs, lawyers and elected officials who supported this and other subversive actions should be subject to ethics investigations and disbarment, at the very least.
There was clearly no justification for any of this.
I would like to see punishment of some kind.

On the other side of the argument, though, is that frivolous lawsuits have been popular for at least half-a-century. If these were funded by political donations, then there's technically nothing wrong with them. Once a lawsuit can be used as a weapon, it becomes very difficult to decide which weapons are acceptable and which aren't.

The reality is that the only real punishment likely to come out of this is politicians being voted out of office. And I suspect that the people who supported those politicians in filing the suits will continue supporting them...

DeSanto

I believe I called it first... on the corruption of the scoti.

Post in thread 'The reason: US Christians <---> Drumpf'
https://forums.carm.org/threads/the-reason-us-christians-drumpf.674/post-64855

But by all means... don’t let me interrupt the free country illusion complete with democracy and all.

Electric Skeptic

I believe I called it first... on the corruption of the scoti.

Post in thread 'The reason: US Christians <---> Drumpf'
https://forums.carm.org/threads/the-reason-us-christians-drumpf.674/post-64855

But by all means... don’t let me interrupt the free country illusion complete with democracy and all.
Well...you didn't quite 'call it'. You said "Supreme Court Justices can be compromised too.". Which, of course, is true, and nobody would deny it.

But you did NOT say that this SCOTUS has any justices who ARE compromised. You did NOT say that the court was likely to find against Trump for any reason.

Pretty clear you were having an each way bet.

And, of course, you show no reason at all to indicate that the SCOTUS found the way they did for any reason except valid, legal ones.

DeSanto

Well...you didn't quite 'call it'. You said "Supreme Court Justices can be compromised too.". Which, of course, is true, and nobody would deny it.

But you did NOT say that this SCOTUS has any justices who ARE compromised. You did NOT say that the court was likely to find against Trump for any reason.

Pretty clear you were having an each way bet.

And, of course, you show no reason at all to indicate that the SCOTUS found the way they did for any reason except valid, legal ones.
It was a warning not to place hope in a scotus decision regarding this matter...