Taketh away the sin of the Church !

brightfame52

I guess you cannot deal with the logic

Saying you love x does not say you don't love y

saying you love red skittles is not a statement you don't love blue skittles

1 Tim. 2:1–6 —KJV
Ҧ I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.”
You can say He taketh away the sin of the Church, for its a world, the world of His called out ones , the called !

brightfame52

Sorry no church is not the meaning of world anymore than sheep or elect are
Yes the Church is a world !

World means:

any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

Also means:

a division or generation of the inhabitants of the earth distinguished by living together at the same place or at the same time

a distinctive class of persons or their sphere of interest or activity

TomFL

Yes the Church is a world !

World means:

any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

The phrase a world of church does not appear anywhere in scripture

and no lexicon gives it that meaning

Nor can it fit the context in this parallel text to Jn 3:17

John 12:47 —KJV
“And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.”
Also means:

a division or generation of the inhabitants of the earth distinguished by living together at the same place or at the same time

a distinctive class of persons or their sphere of interest or activity

And your Reference is what

This speaks for itself

b. of all mankind, but especially of believers, as the object of God’s love J 3:16, 17c; 6:33, 51; 12:47.

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 446.

brightfame52

The phrase a world of church does not appear anywhere in scripture

and no lexicon gives it that meaning

Nor can it fit the context in this parallel text to Jn 3:17

John 12:47 —KJV
“And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.”

And your Reference is what

This speaks for itself

b. of all mankind, but especially of believers, as the object of God’s love J 3:16, 17c; 6:33, 51; 12:47.

William Arndt et al., A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature : A Translation and Adaption of the Fourth Revised and Augmented Edition of Walter Bauer’s Griechisch-Deutsches Worterbuch Zu Den Schrift En Des Neuen Testaments Und Der Ubrigen Urchristlichen Literatur (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979), 446.
Dont have to be, its a meaning of the word world.