Taking a balanced view of Trump

Thistle

Trump serves as a useful idiot to China,
The Chinese find it useful that Trump has sold Taiwan almost four billion dollars worth of arms in the past couple of months? You don't think the fact that Trump sold them enough missiles to sink the entire CCP navy might be less than helpful to the Chinese? Very interesting analysis there.
North Korea
So North Korea knocked off their missile tests because they want to prop up Trump? Interesting . . .
and Putin.
And the fact that Russia is coordinating with India to contain China, in the Himalayas, and along China's northern boarder, that is bad I suppose? Whatever they do that works, means American soldiers are not getting shot at, which is bad?
I'm not a marxist
Thank God for small favors.
but Ficciones' assessment is fair.

Trump loves himself,
Which is worthy of discussion . . . why, exactly?
this isn't about making America great
Hmm. . . remarkable, just think if he were actually trying! Perhaps the expansion rate would have been 100% in the third quarter!
its about making Trump great
His net worth has gone down since 2016, so the facts are against you.
and he's playing the ignorant as suckers to achieve his goals.
If one of his goals is to have people like yourself, blissfully oblivious to reality, writing up counterfactual posts like this one, then perhaps so.
He's good at only one thing: being Donald Trump.
Who is just the kind of man America need for times like these. Thank heavens!
We need a leader who has more than a casual understanding of American history, laws,
Biden doesn't seem to remember the 1996 crime bill, which he sponsored. I'm afraid that a lot of African-American voters will remember even if Biden doesn't. And you can forget about "all mean were cre . . . you know the thing." Biden really knows how to turn a phrase, doesn't he?
Constitution,
The one that said Washington DC shall not be a state? That Constitution?
people, culture etc.
You mean a culture were people are free to go to Church on Sundays, or synagogue on Saturdays? Or heck, what about a high-school football game on Fridays? That kind of culture?
Trump has nothing in common with most Americans
You might be surprised to learn that most Americans don't kneel at the National Anthem, or burn American flags, or shout at people with bullhorns while they are eating supper, or throw Molotov cocktails into squad cars with police officers in them. Although you may not be aware of these things if you watch the Communist News Network.
-how can he be expected to proper lead.
I was just delighted he wasn't Hillary Clinton, the fact that he is a better leader than we've had in my lifetime came as a complete surprise to me.
On the other hand, as someone who has a well documented history of being a shyster and adept at marketing,
You mean like Solyndra? No, that was Obama. You mean like taking over Chrysler and shuttering every Republican dealership? No, that was Obama too. You mean like telling everyone they would save $2,500 a year on health insurance then jacking up the premiums 200%? No, that was Obama too. Hmm, I'm not sure, well . . . you can get back to me on that.
he knows exactly how to rally the unthinking, non-college educated by spouting things they want to hear
I work in a business were everyone has to be college educated, and everyone I know supports him. Go figure.
-with no real concern or compassion for their situation.
That is why he is setting the prisoners free? He have the lowest prison population since 1990.
He's a sham through and through.
Ever consider where ever you are getting your news from is a sham?
go ahead, make Trump great again!
lol.
I doubt anyone can make Trump anything, but it looks like the American people are about to, once again . . . unleash him.

Thistle

Hopefully we're approaching the end of the Trumpdemic.
You mean the Biden/Pelosi virus? They guy who said it xenophobic to shut down travel from Wuhan, or the old lady who said go to Chinatown and kiss a shop keeper.
He'll definitely be remembered for making the country worse
Because people prefer insurance that doesn't work, and recoveries that are undetectable like Obama/Biden gave us? Hmm, I'll have to think about that.
-like nearly everything else he's touched.
You mean . . . winning?!?!?!?!

Thistle

It's been great watching Trump
It has.
and his rich elite pals
The elite are all voting for, and shoveling their billions, to Biden. They are about to discover that all the money in the world won't sell manure scented perfume.
loot your country while you clap and hoot like sweaty chimpanzees.
"Chimpanzees" that's a good one. Hillary called Americans deplorable, not nearly so good. Obama only said Americans were bitter, clingers holding on to their guns, religion and antipathy. Biden's been comparatively mild, saying that Americans are not nice people. With that kind of slogan you should run for president yourself.
Happy stupid day, Americans.
Yes, and you have a condescending day too.
Have lots of fun watching teevee and getting real excited. Four more years! 🤪🇺🇸
Such a show of courage. Do you have any room on your chest for another medal?

I expected the same ones who promised to leave in 2016 and disappointed us.
Yeah, & 4 years ago, with all the rending of garments & gnashing of teeth by Americans bewailing the Trump victory, i put out a lifeline to anyone willing to take it - i would be willing to exchange my Canuckistan citizenship for anyone who would give me their US citizenship.

Sadly...no one took me up on the offer - if you think Trump is bad, try living as a Christian under the Liberal Party of Canada led by the AC/DC (antichrist, devil's child) Justin Trudeau. He makes the left-wing liberal Biden/Harris look like child's play!

Sherman

I won't be looking at the polls until its official. They were calling a Hillary victory until it became patently obvious she lost.

Thistle

Yeah, & 4 years ago, with all the rending of garments & gnashing of teeth by Americans bewailing the Trump victory, i put out a lifeline to anyone willing to take it - i would be willing to exchange my Canuckistan citizenship for anyone who would give me their US citizenship.

Sadly...no one took me up on the offer - if you think Trump is bad, try living as a Christian under the Liberal Party of Canada led by the AC/DC (antichrist, devil's child) Justin Trudeau. He makes the left-wing liberal Biden/Harris look like child's play!
I'll forward this link to Mike Pompeo and see what we might be able to work out. Perhaps we could get rid of Cher or Jane Fonda. And if Trudeau made Cher you secretary of defense, she would almost certainly survive a nuclear attack. She is kind of a one person Cheyenne Mountain.

Sherman

We probably won't know for a few days who actually won with the mail in ballots. There is still a lot of them out there.

Thistle

We probably won't know for a few days who actually won with the mail in ballots. There is still a lot of them out there.
Calculating exactly how many boxes of ballots need to be ordered up from the warehouse can take a while.

I'll forward this link to Mike Pompeo and see what we might be able to work out. Perhaps we could get rid of Cher or Jane Fonda. And if Trudeau made Cher you secretary of defense, she would almost certainly survive a nuclear attack. She is kind of a one person Cheyenne Mountain.
LOLROF - two very good candidates brother - both would get alone famously with our Dear Leader Justin Trudeau - Mr. Blackface her, er, himself! Both are ultra feminists & Fonda's so-called 'christianity' wouldn't rankle Trudeau who commented that "evangelical Christians were the worst part of Canadian society."(??!!!!!!) & Fonda is anything but imnsho. I really despise Canuckistan, once "glorious & free" but now ignoble & alienating itself further & further from it's Judeo-Christian roots. I'm hopin' you can work some magic with Pompeo for me. At least in the U.S. of A. there seems to be more genuine Christians (or, should i say, far less apathetic Christians) than in CanaD'UH! IMO, they are the reason God spared America when he gave Trump the Presidency 4 years ago.

bigthinker

This is election day so we will know soon, perhaps tonight, if I'm right. But Trump seems to be taking the same tact with the domestic threats that he is using internationally i.e. peace through strength. If I'm right Trump will win the day, and the ne'er-do-wells will be less of a potent with each passing day.
Well, Trump is displaying weakness now and ironically it could be "strife through weakness" -to play on your words.
In my opinion he's just showing his true colors; he really doesn't care about America or American values, he cares about himself and he cares about power. No single person is needed for America to be great.
It turns out he is exactly the kind of person we all knew he was, even if some ignored that and thought for a moment that he could make a positive difference. A naive thought, really.
Hopefully the Trumpdemic will be over soon and we can get on with repairing the damage done to our great country.

J regia

Well, Trump is displaying weakness now and ironically it could be "strife through weakness" -to play on your words.
In my opinion he's just showing his true colors; he really doesn't care about America or American values, he cares about himself and he cares about power. No single person is needed for America to be great.
It turns out he is exactly the kind of person we all knew he was, even if some ignored that and thought for a moment that he could make a positive difference. A naive thought, really.
Hopefully the Trumpdemic will be over soon and we can get on with repairing the damage done to our great country.
And unlike Biden, he couldn't even offer condolences to the 1125 families who are arranging funerals today or the 118,204 new cases of Covid-19 today, and probably just thinks that they're losers and suckers too.

bigthinker

And unlike Biden, he couldn't even offer condolences to the 1125 families who are arranging funerals today or the 118,204 new cases of Covid-19 today, and probably just thinks that they're losers and suckers too.

exactly. He IS a narcissist. "America" is just a vehicle for him, it was never about making America great, it has always been about Trump.
The entire family needs to go, they're embarrassing themselves.
And business-wise, can the brand recover after this?

bigthinker

LOLROF - two very good candidates brother - both would get alone famously with our Dear Leader Justin Trudeau - Mr. Blackface her, er, himself! Both are ultra feminists & Fonda's so-called 'christianity' wouldn't rankle Trudeau who commented that "evangelical Christians were the worst part of Canadian society."(??!!!!!!) & Fonda is anything but imnsho. I really despise Canuckistan, once "glorious & free" but now ignoble & alienating itself further & further from it's Judeo-Christian roots. I'm hopin' you can work some magic with Pompeo for me. At least in the U.S. of A. there seems to be more genuine Christians (or, should i say, far less apathetic Christians) than in CanaD'UH! IMO, they are the reason God spared America when he gave Trump the Presidency 4 years ago.
lol. If there is a God, Trump winning the presidency is evidence that God hates America.

Temujin

Personally, and sadly, I think it is too late for that. The rest of the world will not quickly forget every representative of the UN literally laughing at Trump. Where once there was awe, admiration, even fear, there is now indifference and cynicism. The USA cannot be trusted by its allies and is not feared by its opponents. Although you will remain a powerful nation, the pre-eminence has gone, probably forever.

bigthinker

You mean the Biden/Pelosi virus? They guy who said it xenophobic to shut down travel from Wuhan,
Have you taken a look at the list of exemptions for the travel "shut down"? Trump talks as if it was a complete and absolute shut down; it wasn't. There were lots of exemptions that made entry to the US from China possible. The xenophobic part is the way Trump dishonestly presents his action.
or the old lady who said go to Chinatown and kiss a shop keeper.
The idiocy of your statement is so profound that it makes it difficult to respond to. American Chinese restaurant owners in San Francisco were not the problem; fear of American Chinese restaurants was irrational. Many Trumpets are not well educated, prone to superstitions and irrational thinking.
Because people prefer insurance that doesn't work, and recoveries that are undetectable like Obama/Biden gave us?
The stats show that most Americans support our current health insurance situation. And is there a reason you weren't able to "detect" the recovery that the rest of America experienced?
Hmm, I'll have to think about that.

You mean . . . winning?!?!?!?!
lol... well, its 11/6. Is he "winning" now? lol. He's an embarrassment to America. He's an embarrassment to our values, our way of life, our democratic republic.
If these were the end times, Trump would be the false idol.
Personally, and sadly, I think it is too late for that. The rest of the world will not quickly forget every representative of the UN literally laughing at Trump. Where once there was awe, admiration, even fear, there is now indifference and cynicism. The USA cannot be trusted by its allies and is not feared by its opponents. Although you will remain a powerful nation, the pre-eminence has gone, probably forever.
It is my opinion that just as Americans want to see our allies and even our enemies in some cases, do well and come together, I believe other nations will empathize with the American people and have patience with as the damage is repaired, welcome us back to rationality etc.
We have some contrary elements still to deal with though so we'll see.

Temujin

It is my opinion that just as Americans want to see our allies and even our enemies in some cases, do well and come together, I believe other nations will empathize with the American people and have patience with as the damage is repaired, welcome us back to rationality etc.
We have some contrary elements still to deal with though so we'll see.
I would agree, except that nearly half the population voted for Trump. That does not put the US in a good light.

Thistle

I have so much admiration for the way he has fought to this point. The states have largely ignored their own state election laws, so in my view Trump has a great case to pursue to the Supremes. There are 67 million Americans who are willing to fight along side him as long as he is willing to fight. It's such a refreshing change from the usual milk-toast Republicans who curl up into the fetal position at the faintest breeze of resistance. It's inspiring.

Thistle

Just so we are working with the same definition of words, Trump would be showing "strength" if he curled up into the fetal position like the milk-toast Republicans normally do when the slightest breeze of resistance approaches? I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying. Republicans get a lot of this kind of good analysis, in close elections, from well meaning leftists, as it happens.
In my opinion he's just showing his true colors; he really doesn't care about America or American values, he cares about himself and he cares about power.
Oh, thank you for sharing that. I'm not sure I could have endured another moment not knowing your opinion about on this point.
No single person is needed for America to be great.
Nice touch, are you running for office now?
I just hope you can endure the disappointment that this revelation about Trumps character must have been, constituting such a blow to you. I'll keep you in my thoughts as you work through this deeply personal issue.
If Biden does as good a job with this as his enterprise of curing cancer, there should be noooooo problem.

Last edited:

Temujin

I have so much admiration for the way he has fought to this point. The states have largely ignored their own state election laws, so in my view Trump has a great case to pursue to the Supremes. There are 67 million Americans who are willing to fight along side him as long as he is willing to fight. It's such a refreshing change from the usual milk-toast Republicans who curl up into the fetal position at the faintest breeze of resistance. It's inspiring.
67 million is the number who voted for him, not the number currently screaming in despair like toddlers because they lost. You might feel inspired, take the positives where you can, but Biden will end with 306, and win the popular vote to boot. Get over it and concede with good grace. THAT would be as inspiring as it is unlikely.