Taking a balanced view of Trump

Thistle

And unlike Biden, he couldn't even offer condolences to the 1125 families who are arranging funerals today or the 118,204 new cases of Covid-19 today, and probably just thinks that they're losers and suckers too.
And the people who died in all the wars that Biden supported, which Trump has largely gotten us out of?

bigthinker

Just so we are working with the same definition of words, Trump would be showing "strength" if he curled up into the fetal position like the milk-toast Republicans normally do when the slightest breeze of resistance approaches? I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying.
Strength would be to stop whining and accept reality, show respect to Americans and to one of the most successful democratic systems in the history of the world.
Republicans get a lot of this kind of good analysis, in close elections, from well meaning leftists, as it happens.

Oh, thank you for sharing that. I'm not sure I could have endured another moment not knowing your opinion about on this point.

Nice touch, are you running for office now?

I just hope you can endure the disappointment that this revelation about Trumps character must have been, constituting such a blow to you. I'll keep you in my thoughts as you work through this deeply personal issue.
lol. ok. thanks for your concern.

Thistle

exactly. He IS a narcissist.
That may be true. Biden is a crook. I think I'll take the narcissist.
"America" is just a vehicle for him, it was never about making America great, it has always been about Trump.
So, lowering the unemployment rate for minorities to the lowest in history, the fastest one quarter economic recovery in all of history period, world peace, none of that counts because it feeds Trumps ego? Wow, since you put it that way . . .
The entire family needs to go,
How about the stuff he touched? Do we need to relocate Washington DC? Any suggestions? Beijing maybe?
they're embarrassing themselves.
Being a shameless deplorable, that doesn't bother me.
And business-wise, can the brand recover after this?
Is it possible you are that disconnected? He could schedule a rally, and with 15 minutes notice, fill a football stadium with people. Biden couldn't attract enough people to fill a dozen Hula Hoops. I think Trump's "brand," will do okay.

bigthinker

I would agree, except that nearly half the population voted for Trump. That does not put the US in a good light.
Agreed. we have work to do.
There's a lot of negative nonsensical non critical thinking and uneducated beliefs out there. I think we've overlooked it for too long, and not taken idiocy seriously. The support for idiocy has grown though and we are now paying the price.

Temujin

I'm curious, how many combat deaths do you think Biden is responsible for?
Well we know that Trump isn't responsible for any, as he has "bone spurs". His physical cowardice is reflected in the contempt he has displayed towards veterans and their families. If he had treated McCain with even normal decency, he wouldn't have lost Arizona.

Thistle

I would agree, except that nearly half the population voted for Trump. That does not put the US in a good light.
Right, just think of it. Half the country wouldn't be on board with surrendering our sovereignty to some European Bureaucrat. What an embarrassment!

Temujin

Right, just think of it. Half the country wouldn't be on board with surrendering our sovereignty to some European Bureaucrat. What an embarrassment!
If you think that joining, even leading, the rest of the world in action on climate change, the single most important issue on the planet notwithstanding Covid, is "surrendering sovereignty to a European diplomat", then you are deluded and have no idea just how embarrassing the USA looks and how embarrassed the rest of the world is for you. You have abdicated world leadership in favour of being a laughing stock.

Thistle

If you think that joining, even leading, the rest of the world in action on climate change,
Trump has this exactly right. America is leading by example not by whittling down our sovereignty.
the single most important issue on the planet
You truly have been assumed into the Borg.
notwithstanding Covid, is "surrendering sovereignty to a European diplomat", then you are deluded and have no idea just how embarrassing the USA looks and how embarrassed the rest of the world is for you.
People who are able to make that statement with a straight face, are not especially relevant to rational Americans. So if that sounds like an insult to you, you should understand, it entirely misses your target.
You have abdicated world leadership in favour of being a laughing stock.
Coming from the brain trust who couldn't manage Middle East peace. There is no arrogance like blind arrogance.

Temujin

Trump has this exactly right. America is leading by example not by whittling down our sovereignty.

You truly have been assumed into the Borg.

People who are able to make that statement with a straight face, are not especially relevant to rational Americans. So if that sounds like an insult to you, you should understand, it entirely misses your target.

Coming from the brain trust who couldn't manage Middle East peace. There is no arrogance like blind arrogance.
There is the arrogance of those who claim not to have lost an election they lost by over 4 million votes.

Or the arrogance of those who don't know the election is not over?

You still feeling it's not over?

Biden is now at 290 electoral votes - now, pending legal challenges by Trump, the 46th President-elect of the U.S. of A. (until Harris, with the help of Pelosi, ousts Biden out via the 25th Amendment & becomes the 1st female POTUS!)

Thistle

You still feeling it's not over?
Are you old enough to remember 2000?
Biden is now at 290 electoral votes - now, pending legal challenges by Trump, the 46th President-elect of the U.S. of A. (until Harris, with the help of Pelosi, ousts Biden out via the 25th Amendment & becomes the 1st female POTUS!)
Counting on President Trump to go quietly into that good night without spending tens of millions of dollars on attorneys is probably not a good bet.

Thistle

It's over.
Would you like to place a small wager on whether or not there's going to be another round on Monday morning?
The Trump chicken is running around, flapping and squawking, but the head is gone.
Cutting trumps head off has been kind of a reoccurring theme in the last four years I, I can't figure out why it keeps coming up.

Temujin

Would you like to place a small wager on whether or not there's going to be another round on Monday morning?

Cutting trumps head off has been kind of a reoccurring theme in the last four years I, I can't figure out why it keeps coming up.
No, the theme is Trump running around, flapping aimlessly.
And being a chicken.