Technology, Theology

How else would Ezekiel describe something inanimate which does not normally occur in nature other than by words which translate into English words like construction and workmanship?
I had this same or similar thought as the poster would vacillate between literal and allegorical interpretations within the vision. Literal elements would certainly provide more clarity to the meaning or at least one would might think so anyway.
Scripture doesn't say, but Scripture repeatedly says and demonstrates that the Tanakh testifies to Christ, for example, in the Gospel of Matthew in reference to Jesus it says something like, thus the Scripture was fulfilled that out of Egypt I called my Son. It is an error to despise or deny the witness of Christ for us inorder to entertain dubious speculation of any kind expressed through out of context questions.
👍👍

I had this same or similar thought as the poster would vacillate between literal and allegorical interpretations within the vision. Literal elements would certainly provide more clarity to the meaning or at least one would might think so anyway.

👍👍
Its a capricious method of interpretation, otherwise, getting an explanation of how it is being done wouldn't be so difficult when specifics are mentioned.

For grins and giggles I pulled down a module called Scofield Reference Notes or something like that. The guy actually interpreted Matt 24 in a backwards manner in order to support his idea of the rapture, etc. Since Jesus is always right, it is the children of the promise that remain on Earth. They are firmly in the story teller camp.

All I did was read it....workmanship. Why don't you show why it's a vision. Does it say it's a vision?
Yes, as another poster already mentioned, it does say it is a vision in 1:1. The immediate context rules, even over words like workmanship.
You didn't answer the question....The question is...considering an angel can manifest a physical form...can they build things?
Scripture doesn't say is the only scriptural answer based on the actual scriptural witness.. Any other answer to questions based on out of context fantasy is just more fantasy.
To be honest I don't really care which way you believe...it's interesting conversation.
It might be interesting to a Mormon because following the logic used in forming the question they can go on down the line to justify some of their pet doctrines.

Its a capricious method of interpretation, otherwise, getting an explanation of how it is being done wouldn't be so difficult when specifics are mentioned.

For grins and giggles I pulled down a module called Scofield Reference Notes or something like that. The guy actually interpreted Matt 24 in a backwards manner in order to support his idea of the rapture, etc. Since Jesus is always right, it is the children of the promise that remain on Earth. They are firmly in the story teller camp.
From what I've recall, Scofield wasn't theologically educated and after his numerous notes were complied, theologians came behind him to clean up and offer more support to his notes.
This may sound odd to some of the various dispensational camps I once belonged. But I had an aversion to Scofield from the get-go, but that may of been to some charismatic indoctrination rather than anything intuitive on part.

From what I've recall, Scofield wasn't theologically educated and after his numerous notes were complied, theologians came behind him to clean up and offer more support to his notes.
Thanks, Nic. Because the discussion is about Revelation I started looking at the notes there and in only one or two hops I reached Matt 24.

In that camp I only know the names Darby, Scofield, and Ryrie. I could only find a commentary of sorts by Scofield at the links provided by the Bible study program. Was the cleanup recent or do you think going the out of copyright route be useful?
This may sound odd to some of the various dispensational camps I once belonged. But I had an aversion to Scofield from the get-go, but that may of been to some charismatic indoctrination rather than anything intuitive on part.
Must have been something like a Spidey sense. :) Did you find one camp preferable to the others? If so then which one? Thanks, again.

Back