Ten Reasons I'm a Sabbatarian (parts 5-10)

Icyspark

5. Paul Kept the Sabbath
Acts 17:2, 3
As his custom was, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures, explaining and proving that the Christ had to suffer and rise from the dead. “This Jesus I am proclaiming to you is the Christ,” he said.

After his conversion (recorded in Acts 9) Paul continues his "custom" of going to synagogue on the Sabbath. Not only was this his regular habit but the Bible also records that Paul preached to both Jews and Gentiles on the Sabbath for a year and a half!

Acts 18:4, 11
Every Sabbath he reasoned in the synagogue, trying to persuade Jews and Greeks.
So Paul stayed for a year and a half, teaching them the word of God.

So, "Every Sabbath" for a "year and a half" Paul reasons in the synagogue with both Jews and Greeks (i.e. Gentiles). That's a biblical record of 76 Sabbaths in which Paul is preaching to Jews and Gentiles.

1 Corinthians 11:1
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.

As we would expect from an apostle of Christ, Paul acknowledges that he follows "the example of Christ." Paul's actions testify to the fact that "his custom" of Sabbath observance was the same as the custom of Jesus. Paul then goes on to assert that you should not only follow Christ's example but you should also follow his own example. Are you following the examples left for you by both Jesus and Paul?

6. Gentiles Kept the Sabbath
Acts 13:42-45
So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath. Now when the congregation had broken up, many of the Jews and devout proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.
On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God. But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy; and contradicting and blaspheming, they opposed the things spoken by Paul.

Some people suggest that Paul was evangelizing to Jews on the Sabbath and what better way to do that then to meet them on the day they all were gathering together? But in this text we see that after witnessing to the Jews in the synagogue that Gentiles begged Paul to preach these words "to them the next Sabbath." So if the Sabbath had ceased as a requirement and blessing of God, if it was not part of the New Covenant, if it was only for the Jew, then Paul need not wait an entire week to minister to the needs of these pleading Gentiles. Why wait seven days when tomorrow would work just fine? After all, as some people believe, the first day of the week is supposedly "the Lord's day"—a day to be honored in remembrance of Jesus's resurrection—so why not preach to them on this newly preferred day? Paul does not take this golden opportunity to inform these Gentiles that the Sabbath is passé and that it is no longer necessary to remember Jesus as the Creator. Instead, as someone who unashamedly "follow the example of Christ," he honors their Sabbath-keeping request.

7. The Sabbath 40 Years After the Cross
Matthew 24:20

Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.

Jesus is speaking in reference to the future destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. (40 years after His death). If we consider this admonition from the aspect of keeping the Sabbath holy by not working on it, then the prayer to not have to flee on the Sabbath is easily understandable. Additionally, this text also affirms the continuity of the Sabbath 40 years into the New Covenant.

8. Venerated Title Remains
Matthew 28:1
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

Mark 16:1
When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus’ body.

Luke 23:54
It was Preparation Day, and the Sabbath was about to begin.

John 19:31
Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath. Because the Jews did not want the bodies left on the crosses during the Sabbath, they asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken down.

Each of the four Gospels were written years after the cross. One would expect that if the Sabbath was no longer relevant to New Covenant Christianity that the Gospel authors would've conveyed such in their writings. But Matthew, Mark, Luke and John all maintain uninterrupted use of the venerated title of Sabbath in their Gospels. None of them ever refer to it as the "Sabbath of the Jews," which of course makes perfect sense in keeping with point #2 above (i.e. the Sabbath was made for humanity's benefit). Luke points out certain things as being exclusively Jewish ("country of the Jews," "synagogue of the Jews") but in neither his Gospel nor his book of Acts does he do so to the Sabbath. Since Jesus said the Sabbath was made for people—regardless of race or gender—then the fact that these authors do not attempt to tie it strictly to the Jews is perfectly logical and consistent. This is especially meaningful when one considers their use of this title after the cross. Since they are writing years afterward there should be no reason why they should not know that the Sabbath has been discontinued. All four authors continue to address the seventh day of the week using it's venerated title and all of the remaining days of the week maintain their generic numeral designation.

9. The Sabbath in the New Earth
Isaiah 66:22-23
As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the LORD, “so will your name and descendants endure. From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the LORD.

When Jesus first created this world we find that He set in motion His weekly memorial to His creative act by establishing His Sabbath (Genesis 2:1-3). In the "restoration of all things" the Lord will create a "new heavens and a new earth." Will the need to remember Jesus as Creator be any less meaningful or necessary once we are redeemed? Will the Sabbath be any less of a blessing or a "delight"? Since the Sabbath was "made for man" before man became a sinner it is apparent that its value was not based in relation to our sinful condition. Isaiah tells us that in the new earth all humanity will bow down before God "from one Sabbath to another." Jesus is going to hit the divine reset button for this Earth. It is going to be baptized by fire. After burning off all the sin and those who stubbornly held on to it, this Earth will be restored to how it was "in the beginning" and it will be our home as it was originally intended. Since the Sabbath comes to us from the seventh day of the beginning, we see that this special day has been a blessing to humanity from our creation to our ultimate salvation and will continue on throughout eternity.

10. The Sabbath in Languages of the World.
Did you know that there are flood traditions around the world? From Africa to Asia and Australia, from Europe to North and South Americas, the story of a world wide flood is a part of the tradition of the peoples in these areas. This is as one would expect for such a universally destructive event.

But did you also know that the word "Sabbath" can be found in various languages all around the world? This too is what one would expect if the Sabbath was instituted on the seventh day of creation. Just like Noah and the other seven survivors were witnesses to the flood, Adam and Eve would've been witnesses of the first Sabbath and Adam was around for 930 years to share his eye witness account to his progeny.

Here are a few languages that use the word Sabbath for the seventh day of the week:

Greek: Sabbaton (Sabbath)​
Latin: Sabbatum (Sabbath)​
Spanish: Sábado (Sabbath)​
Portuguese: Sabbado (Sabbath)​
Italian: Sabbato (Sabbath)​
French: Samedi (Sabbath day)​
High German: Samstag (Sabbath)​
Prussian: Sabatico (Sabbath)​
Russian: Subbota (Sabbath)​
Congo Africa: Sabbado or Kiansbula (Sabbath)​

These are a few examples from our modern languages which still identify the seventh day as the Sabbath. There are a number of ancient languages which also do the same thing. The Babylonian language—dating back to 3800 BC (or shortly after the flood)—identifies the seventh day as "Sa-ba-tu" or Sabbath. Exactly what one would expect to find embedded in this Earth's recorded history.

I pray this helps.

But for the grace of God go I,cyspark

robycop3

Remember, God gave the sabbath to ISRAEL as a permanent ordinance. As a man, Jesus was a Jew, so He kept it. And Paul & theother apostles, except, perhaps Luke, were also Jews.

But NOWHERE IN SCRIPTURE are gentiles commanded to keep the sabbath .

Remember, God gave the sabbath to ISRAEL as a permanent ordinance. As a man, Jesus was a Jew, so He kept it. And Paul & theother apostles, except, perhaps Luke, were also Jews.

AV Mk 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man{G444 anthropos}, and not man for the sabbath:

So you want to discuss Jesus' word usage of "man{G444 anthropos}" ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

robycop3

AV Mk 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man{G444 anthropos}, and not man for the sabbath:

So you want to discuss Jesus' word usage of "man{G444 anthropos}" ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
Again, neither Jesus, nor anyone else in Scripture, ever commanded any gentile to observe the sabbath.

Icyspark

Hi robycop3,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately you are not addressing anything in the opening post. If you had you might've noticed that your point is covered under the example of Jesus and the example of Paul (points 4 & 5). There is an admonition (command?) to follow their examples and they both observed the Sabbath.

Point 6 deals with the fact that the Gentiles also observed the Sabbath. When the Gentiles "begged" Paul to preach to them "the next Sabbath," Paul did not dissuade them and correct their error by informing them that they were not to observe this day which supposedly is only for the Jews (contrary to what Jesus plainly says otherwise: "The Sabbath was made for people (anthropos)." Instead Paul waits an entire week to honor the request of the Gentiles to preach to them on "the next Sabbath." (y)

God bless!

The first day of the week is Monday. Only a few countries like the US and Canada have the first day of the week on a Sunday, which doesn't sound right to me.

"The Babylonian language—dating back to 3800 BC (or shortly after the flood)—identifies the seventh day as "Sa-ba-tu" or Sabbath." (sorry for not BB quoting. It's not working properly for me.)

The Babylonians don't observe the Sabbath day like the Jews. It's very different. Sabbath to them is just a generic word for "rest". It is usually observed during wintertime when the fields are frozen and no crops to harvest. Harvest usually occurs during autumn, just before winter. They gather and store their crops to prepare for the winter which points precisely to this verse:

"Matthew 24:20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath."

The Lord was not talking about "the Sabbath" of the Jews, he was talking about the winter rest of the crops which was generally known among the gentiles as sabbath. The witches call this winter as Sabbath too or the witches' sabbath. Otherwise, the verse would not include the word "winter" if it specifically points to the Jewish Sabbath. This is the pagan Sabbath which is called the Yuletide season where everything is frozen or at rest.

I have no problems with the SDA keeping the Jewish Sabbath. Just don't make it like a law wherein you'll lose your salvation or go to hell if you break it. I'm quite certain that there are many members who break it. You still can't overcome human nature. Trust me, I do see this and Lol.

robycop3

Hi robycop3,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately you are not addressing anything in the opening post. If you had you might've noticed that your point is covered under the example of Jesus and the example of Paul (points 4 & 5). There is an admonition (command?) to follow their examples and they both observed the Sabbath.

Point 6 deals with the fact that the Gentiles also observed the Sabbath. When the Gentiles "begged" Paul to preach to them "the next Sabbath," Paul did not dissuade them and correct their error by informing them that they were not to observe this day which supposedly is only for the Jews (contrary to what Jesus plainly says otherwise: "The Sabbath was made for people (anthropos)." Instead Paul waits an entire week to honor the request of the Gentiles to preach to them on "the next Sabbath." (y)

God bless!

They knew Paul was a Jew, & worshipped on the sabbath. Again, Scripture does NOT command gentiles to keep Israeli rites.

Icyspark

They knew Paul was a Jew, & worshipped on the sabbath. Again, Scripture does NOT command gentiles to keep Israeli rites.

Hi robycop3,

Yes, Paul was a Jew and he said, "To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews.To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some." Basically he did whatever was expedient within the confines of God's will to bring people to Christ. If the Sabbath was not relevant to the Gentiles then Paul certainly would've met with them on any other day of the week. Not only does he make the Gentiles wait a full week to preach to them, but he continues to use the venerated title for the seventh day.

There was no command against murder or adultery in the book of Genesis, yet both were apparently known and condemned by God. The Sabbath's origin is found in Genesis 2:1-3, "in the beginning," where there was neither Jew nor Gentile. Jesus says, "the Sabbath was MADE for people (anthropos)." You seek for a command specifically for Gentiles, yet in order to be a part of the new covenant you must be grafted into Israel's tree (Romans 11:11-24), thus becoming a spiritual Jew. Remember, the new covenant is only for Jews (Hebrews 8:8).

I pray this helps.

robycop3

Hi robycop3,

Yes, Paul was a Jew and he said, "To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews.To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some." Basically he did whatever was expedient within the confines of God's will to bring people to Christ. If the Sabbath was not relevant to the Gentiles then Paul certainly would've met with them on any other day of the week. Not only does he make the Gentiles wait a full week to preach to them, but he continues to use the venerated title for the seventh day.

There was no command against murder or adultery in the book of Genesis, yet both were apparently known and condemned by God. The Sabbath's origin is found in Genesis 2:1-3, "in the beginning," where there was neither Jew nor Gentile. Jesus says, "the Sabbath was MADE for people (anthropos)." You seek for a command specifically for Gentiles, yet in order to be a part of the new covenant you must be grafted into Israel's tree (Romans 11:11-24), thus becoming a spiritual Jew. Remember, the new covenant is only for Jews (Hebrews 8:8).

I pray this helps.

Jesus was sent first to the Jews, but He saved some gentiles as well, and Paul ended up being specifically sent to bring the Gospel to gentiles. And nowhere do we see gentiles being commanded to keep the sabbath or any other Jewish rite. remember, some Greex asked the apostles about keeping those rites, & their answer was no, with a few exceptions of rules.

AV Jn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
AV Jn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
AV Jn 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
AV 1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
AV Re 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

In my opinion, many do not have Jesus' testimony about "the commandments of God", as your personal witness to Jesus' walk and Jesus' "my voice" in "the truth".

"They knew Paul was a Jew, & worshipped on the sabbath.", And you know Jesus in the flesh, was a Jew, and worshiped on Sabbath according to the commandments.

What are your reasons to NOT follow Jesus' example, as Jesus walked the earth in truth ???

AV Mk 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

What do you think, was Jesus Omniscience enough to know the different between "man" and "Jews" ???

AV Col 2:16-17 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]: 17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body [is] of Christ.

In your precedence of Truth, who is higher Jesus(see scriptures above) or Paul(in Col 2:16-17) ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Buzzard

Hey; SDA Posters
roby is correct here
robycop3 said:
if you can show differently; do so
in fact as I have poster;
SUNDAY - 1st Day of the Week was when the Gates unto the city were opened
so the Gentiles could come in and hear the Law read to them
and that is in Moses and confirmed by Ezra and Nehemiah

Hey; SDA Posters
roby is correct here
robycop3 said:
if you can show differently; do so
in fact as I have poster;
SUNDAY - 1st Day of the Week was when the Gates unto the city were opened
so the Gentiles could come in and hear the Law read to them
and that is in Moses and confirmed by Ezra and Nehemiah
AV Ac 13:42-44 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. 43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God. 44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Is this Exegesis or Eisegesis, for you ???

What is it called, when a person manipulates others by their own ignorance ???

AV Hb 10:16 This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

GOD's Evidence Location: Everyone will be able to read others, like a book, written by GOD.

This is a literal request, Please show the Sunday law/sacredness from GOD's words, PLEASE !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

"Matthew 24:20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath."
The Lord was not talking about "the Sabbath" of the Jews, he was talking about the winter rest of the crops which was generally known among the gentiles as sabbath. The witches call this winter as Sabbath too or the witches' sabbath. Otherwise, the verse would not include the word "winter" if it specifically points to the Jewish Sabbath. This is the pagan Sabbath which is called the Yuletide season where everything is frozen or at rest. {Additional Emphasis by SDAchristian}
AV Mk 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

What do you think, was Jesus Omniscience enough to know the different between "man" and "Jews" ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Buzzard

AV Ac 13:42-44 And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath. 43 Now when the congregation was broken up, many of the Jews and religious proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas: who, speaking to them, persuaded them to continue in the grace of God. 44 And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.

Is this Exegesis or Eisegesis, for you ???

What is it called, when a person manipulates others by their own ignorance ???

AV Hb 10:16 This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

GOD's Evidence Location: Everyone will be able to read others, like a book, written by GOD.

This is a literal request, Please show the Sunday law/sacredness from GOD's words, PLEASE !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
Malachi 4:4
Remember ye the law of Moses my servant,
which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel,
with the statutes and judgments.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children,
and the heart of the children to their fathers,

lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Michael;
There is no law of God nor Moses saying Sunday is sacred;
why can you not understand that ??????

#2:
There is no law Moses nor God;
saying it is wrong to hold worship services on Sunday either
so you are accusing posters here of Sin when there is NO SIN
that makes you a false accuser of the Brethren
and a voice for Satan himself
do you really want to go that far

#3:
those that are Servants of Rome have to obey Rome
and God says to """OBEY""" those that have rule over you
so if Rome says they are to come to Sunday Mass,
they are compelled to do so

Icyspark

Malachi 4:4
Remember ye the law of Moses my servant,
which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel,
with the statutes and judgments.

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:

6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children,
and the heart of the children to their fathers,

lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Michael;

Hi Buzzard,

That's because according to the Bible, Sunday is still identified in its relationship to the Sabbath (i.e. "the first day of the week"). There is no new title of importance attached to it and the title attached to the seventh day remains intact.

#2:

You can certainly worship God any day of the week, but there is only one day which God identifies as "My holy day." When Moses approached the burning bush God told him to take off his shoes because the place he was standing was holy ground. What made it holy? God's presence, right? What makes the Sabbath holy? God's presence. If you are not resting in Jesus on His "My holy day," then are you not trampling on His holy day? Are you not elevating your own opinion above what the Scriptures clearly reveal? Jesus says, "The Sabbath was made for human beings (anthropos)." Are you a human being? If so, then Jesus says the Sabbath is made for you.

The Sabbath is the day set apart for resting in Jesus from your own works.

#3:

I'm not sure if this is said tongue-in-cheek but I'll answer as if you're being serious. Yes, we are to obey the civil authorities as long as their rules do not conflict with God's rules.

I pray this helps.

But for the grace of God go Icyspark

I do understand that !!! I work towards educating of a coming fulfillment of "the mark of the beast" found in a Sunday Law, around the world.

AV Mt 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

It is the majority("wide"/"broad") in the Christians in the world, that do not.
The Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine second edition p. 50 said:
Question: Which is the Sabbath day? Answer: Saturday is the Sabbath day.
Question: Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday? Answer: We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic church, in the Council of Laodicea (364 A.D.) transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.

Peter Geiermann [a Roman Catholic priest {Additional Emphasis by SDAchristian}
"There is no law of God nor Moses saying Sunday is sacred;", So you have taken that up with RCC then ???

AV Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

It is the majority("wide"/"broad") in the Christians in the world, that are keeping/"teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men".

What is your weekly fellowship choice in worship ???

AV Re 14:9-11 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

GOD is VERY clear, to GOD's decision against those that have "the mark of the beast", because they do not have "the seal of the living God".

Yours in Christ, Michael

#2:
Do you REALLY understand GOD's purpose in sharing prophecy before it happens ???
"so you are accusing posters here of Sin", Not now. But it will happen in the future. Will you convert, when it becomes a verifiable truth in the future ???

AV Re 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

In fulfillment of prophecy, the beast and the image of the beast, will have sabbath keepers killed, that is a definable sin with GOD's understanding.
AV Mt 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard [it], they said, This [fellow] doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

Church people accused Jesus, I expect no less these days as well.

AV Mt 24:12-13 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

I understand your spiritual compliment, of being compared to "Satan himself", just like Jesus !!!

AV Jn 8:44-45 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell [you] the truth, ye believe me not.

I have no problem being judged by GOD to GOD's Word.

Jesus' testimony: AV Mk 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

AV Re 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

I do understand what it means to abide in "the testimony of Jesus Christ".

I stand as Jesus' witness to "the testimony of Jesus Christ", when "to make war with the remnant of her seed" for holding "the testimony of Jesus Christ".

Yours in Christ, Michael

Icyspark

The first day of the week is Monday. Only a few countries like the US and Canada have the first day of the week on a Sunday, which doesn't sound right to me.

Hi Radioactive,

With no sort of reference to validate this first sentence it then comes across as merely an opinion. The fact is that the Bible identifies the first day of the week in relation to that day that arrives after the seventh. The seventh day is the Sabbath. Ipso facto, the next day is Sunday. How do you jump Sunday and arrive at Monday?

Your comment about "only a few countries..." seems insincere in relation to the fact that the opening post identifies countries from around the world which call the seventh day the Sabbath:

Here are a few languages that use the word Sabbath for the seventh day of the week:
Greek: Sabbaton (Sabbath)
Latin: Sabbatum (Sabbath)
Spanish: Sábado (Sabbath)
Portuguese: Sabbado (Sabbath)
Italian: Sabbato (Sabbath)
French: Samedi (Sabbath day)
High German: Samstag (Sabbath)
Prussian: Sabatico (Sabbath)
Russian: Subbota (Sabbath)
Congo Africa: Sabbado or Kiansbula (Sabbath)

"The Babylonian language—dating back to 3800 BC (or shortly after the flood)—identifies the seventh day as "Sa-ba-tu" or Sabbath." (sorry for not BB quoting. It's not working properly for me.)

The Babylonians don't observe the Sabbath day like the Jews. It's very different. Sabbath to them is just a generic word for "rest". It is usually observed during wintertime when the fields are frozen and no crops to harvest. Harvest usually occurs during autumn, just before winter. They gather and store their crops to prepare for the winter which points precisely to this verse:

The Lord was not talking about "the Sabbath" of the Jews, he was talking about the winter rest of the crops which was generally known among the gentiles as sabbath. The witches call this winter as Sabbath too or the witches' sabbath. Otherwise, the verse would not include the word "winter" if it specifically points to the Jewish Sabbath. This is the pagan Sabbath which is called the Yuletide season where everything is frozen or at rest.

It doesn't matter whether the Sabbath is correctly observed by the Babylonians or not. The fact is that they used the word "Sa-ba-tu" to identify the seventh day. As time passes God's expressed will tends to get messed up. Just look at what the Israelites did to the Lord's day! In their attempt to protect the holiness of the Sabbath they placed all sorts of man-made restrictions on the day. When Jesus came He meticulously went about confronting their wrong conceptions of the day He made for humans (anthropos).

I have no problems with the SDA keeping the Jewish Sabbath. Just don't make it like a law wherein you'll lose your salvation or go to hell if you break it. I'm quite certain that there are many members who break it. You still can't overcome human nature. Trust me, I do see this and Lol.

The Bible knows of no such thing as "the Jewish Sabbath." When people use this unbiblical nomenclature it appears to be just an attempt to marginalize the day Jesus said was made for humans and which He said was to be called "a delight." If the Sabbath is not a delight for you, then please don't blame the Babylonians, the Israelites, or SDAs. Does the fact that the Babylonians, Jews, or SDAs break the Sabbath free you to do likewise and "Lol" about it? You are to follow the example of Jesus and Paul, but the rest of us are but muddy reflections of Jesus. The more like Jesus we get the more the reflection will become clear.

I pray this helps.

#3:
AV Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

Which are higher, GOD's laws, or men's law, in the precedence of spiritual truth, when they conflict ???

Yours in Christ, Michael