Ten Reasons I'm a Sabbatarian (parts 5-10)

e v e

Hi e v e,

I'm sorry but this sounds conspicuously like you are relying on a spirit guide. You don't get to arbitrarily claim that the biblical translations are all unreliable and that you are the only reliable source of truth. God is certainly able to protect His message from corruption and not have to rely on individuals who have divergent impressions about what is authoritative; what is uncorrupted; what is truth. That right there is how cults are formed.

So regardless of whether you wish to acknowledge that you have a spirit guide, that's kinda how icy it.

The Bible very clearly says Jesus is the Creator. So unless you have something tangible other than the impressions of some untestable spirit, I will continue to point out that your opinion is merely finite and fallible.

Colossians 1:16
For by Him [Jesus] all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
Paul says "ALL THINGS were created through Him and for Him." Feel free to show me some rational reason why I should reject the veracity of this and other translations which say virtually the same thing.

It's a scary thing when individuals start holding themselves as the sole arbiters of truth.

I pray this helps.
i never claimed that .

but ellen did and yes it is scary.

i won’t be back to this forum.

goodbye.

Icyspark

i never claimed that .

but ellen did and yes it is scary.

i won’t be back to this forum.

goodbye.

Hi e v e,

Are you leaving because your unscriptural beliefs are being challenged? Or is it that you require that I and others blindly accept your assertions? Sorry, but I refuse to follow anyone into a ditch.

Have you ever tested Ellen White? That's interesting how you'd find her scary when you embrace something far more hair-raising. Ellen White claimed to have been a messenger of the Lord. She said her messages were to be tested against Scripture. Your messages are to be tested against what exactly? It certainly appears that the Bible holds no weight with you. Thus you are elevating your words and beliefs about the Word of God. You are claiming that God cannot and did not protect His 66 books from corruption. Thus you portray your god as being impotent and aimless. The god you are portraying has no plan other than to reveal that he messed up in guarding his words from being overrun by error and that he needs you to be his copy editor. That sounds amazingly like what the founder of Mormonism also did with the Bible.

Isaiah 8:20
To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

I don't know if you believe that you're some sort of prophet but Isaiah's counsel is to compare the words of anyone who claims to be inspired with the words of the prophets who came before. Ellen White advocated this as well. You are not. Therefore your words are worthy of being challenged and rejected.

Don't worry. I find that if I speak to anyone long enough on this forum I eventually discover some amazing, unbiblical belief in their closet.

God bless!

Magdalena

Hi e v e,

Are you leaving because your unscriptural beliefs are being challenged? Or is it that you require that I and others blindly accept your assertions? Sorry, but I refuse to follow anyone into a ditch.

Have you ever tested Ellen White? That's interesting how you'd find her scary when you embrace something far more hair-raising. Ellen White claimed to have been a messenger of the Lord. She said her messages were to be tested against Scripture. Your messages are to be tested against what exactly? It certainly appears that the Bible holds no weight with you. Thus you are elevating your words and beliefs about the Word of God. You are claiming that God cannot and did not protect His 66 books from corruption. Thus you portray your god as being impotent and aimless. The god you are portraying has no plan other than to reveal that he messed up in guarding his words from being overrun by error and that he needs you to be his copy editor. That sounds amazingly like what the founder of Mormonism also did with the Bible.

Isaiah 8:20
To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

I don't know if you believe that you're some sort of prophet but Isaiah's counsel is to compare the words of anyone who claims to be inspired with the words of the prophets who came before. Ellen White advocated this as well. You are not. Therefore your words are worthy of being challenged and rejected.

Don't worry. I find that if I speak to anyone long enough on this forum I eventually discover some amazing, unbiblical belief in their closet.

God bless!
You say “God bless,” but your other words don’t convey that.

Magdalena

Hi Magdalena,

I don't know what brings you to this particular forum, but I find it odd that instead of acknowledging that e v e is promoting beliefs antithetical to Christianity, you prefer to question the one casting light on the darkness. Why is that?

God bless!
I was reading thru threads. I didn’t see much light in your remarks to that poster. In fact, your words were harsh and unChristian-like. I found it odd that you would use God’s name in doing that. Christ taught love and compassion. Whether you agree with someone or not.

Icyspark

I was reading thru threads. I didn’t see much light in your remarks to that poster. In fact, your words were harsh and unChristian-like. I found it odd that you would use God’s name in doing that. Christ taught love and compassion. Whether you agree with someone or not.

Hi Magdalena,

If you read through any of the poster's remarks and "didn't see much light" in my rebuttals then perhaps your position is in alignment with hers?
  • Do you agree that the Scriptures are all corrupt?
  • Do you agree that only certain individuals who are spirit led can correctly interpret those Scriptures?
  • Do you agree that Jesus is not the Creator of this earth?
  • Do you believe that the KJV is a "sorcery translation"?
  • Do you consider yourself a part of the "ape body society"?
Shall I continue? If you are in agreement with her positions on these things then its no wonder you are jumping in to defend her. If not, then perhaps it would do both her and you good for you to speak up in defense of truth.

Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.

How often do you suppose that those who are corrected or rebuked feel the love of the one doing the correcting and rebuking? We need to be confronting and challenging those who are claiming to be teachers within our faith who have the potential to lead others astray. I do my best to be gentle and respectful, however I know I'm not perfect.

I pray this helps.