Testing

Bonnie

Yep, they worked hard. And got the boards up and running 'way ahead of schedule.

SteveB

Yes, it is.
So are you guys limiting the software for now until you can test it further, or is this the extent of it?
I'm asking because I ran across another forum using the same software and it's quite extensive in its capabilities.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
So are you guys limiting the software for now until you can test it further, or is this the extent of it?
This is the extent of it for now I suppose, until we figure out what we have. What were you looking for that’s missing?

SteveB

This is the extent of it for now I suppose, until we figure out what we have. What were you looking for that’s missing?
You'd have to see the other forum. There's far too much to describe in simple terms here. I don't know, maybe it's a matter of different levels of what package was purchased. I hadn't thought of that until just now.
Eg, basic, intermediate, advanced....
They have opened up two levels of membership. One is free, and the pages are loaded with advertising. Some of the ads seem inappropriate for a Christian site, but I'm not mgmt, so that is a moot point.
There is a paid membership, and that makes it ad free.
I never got an answer to my question about the lifetime membership description from them. They have a monthly, quarterly, semiannual, annual and then lifetime. But the lifetime seems like it's a one time fee, attached to the annual fee which is renewable each year. I'm not clear about that part.

With text formatting, I'm not seeing the indentation option.

I haven't yet figured out how to insert quote marks on the other forum, so expecting a quick figuring here would be unreasonable.

When I want to break up the posts I'm quoting from others, I've had to type up my own quote marks, and then copy them manually.

Right now the formatting options seem to be blanked out. I'm guessing that is on your guy's side and just needs to be switched on?

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
You'd have to see the other forum. There's far too much to describe in simple terms here. I don't know, maybe it's a matter of different levels of what package was purchased. I hadn't thought of that until just now.
Eg, basic, intermediate, advanced....
They have opened up two levels of membership. One is free, and the pages are loaded with advertising. Some of the ads seem inappropriate for a Christian site, but I'm not mgmt, so that is a moot point.
There is a paid membership, and that makes it ad free.
I never got an answer to my question about the lifetime membership description from them. They have a monthly, quarterly, semiannual, annual and then lifetime. But the lifetime seems like it's a one time fee, attached to the annual fee which is renewable each year. I'm not clear about that part.

With text formatting, I'm not seeing the indentation option.

I haven't yet figured out how to insert quote marks on the other forum, so expecting a quick figuring here would be unreasonable.

When I want to break up the posts I'm quoting from others, I've had to type up my own quote marks, and then copy them manually.

Right now the formatting options seem to be blanked out. I'm guessing that is on your guy's side and just needs to be switched on?
Maybe so. Still trying to navigate through what we have or don’t have and how things work on this format. It’ll take a little bit. :)

SteveB

Maybe so. Still trying to navigate through what we have or don’t have and how things work on this format. It’ll take a little bit. :)
I figured as much.
No worries.

I'm just stoked you guys are back up so quickly.
😎