Testing

Probably permissions on avatar folder. You'll need certain permissions on the server folder to allow uploads. They are not usually stored in the DB.

Beloved

The one I tried was 400x398 and it still didn’t work. 🤷🏻‍♀️
4Him, the page could be purple with orange writing and I would still be glad to be here. I know the burden you all have been laboring under and I hope you know many of us were ...and still are...praying for all of you.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
4Him, the page could be purple with orange writing and I would still be glad to be here. I know the burden you all have been laboring under and I hope you know many of us were ...and still are...praying for all of you.
Thank you. :)

zerinus

This is the extent of it for now I suppose, until we figure out what we have. What were you looking for that’s missing?

Apart from the avatar issue which has already been mentioned, I find the color palate for changing text colors to be very limited, compared to the previous software. If you want to add a different color than what is displayed on the palate, you have to enter a Hex code, which is an unnecessary step. Getting a bigger color palate would be nice.

Another difference I have noticed is that after you have posted a message, the amount of time you have left to edit it afterwards is very limited, compared to the previous forum. It would be nice to increase that time limit so you have more time to edit your post later on if you wanted to.

I bet you can't guess what the Hex code for this color is! It is #800000. ;)

zerinus

Another thing that the forum is missing is a nice favicon. If you google for "Christian symbols," you will find lots of ideas for a nice favicon, such as this site for example. I tried to upload an image, but it wouldn't let me, so here is another problem with the forum that needs to be fixed. It doesn't let you include images in your posts.

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
Apart from the avatar issue which has already been mentioned, I find the color palate for changing text colors to be very limited, compared to the previous software. If you want to add a different color than what is displayed on the palate, you have to enter a Hex code, which is an unnecessary step. Getting a bigger color palate would be nice.

Another difference I have noticed is that after you have posted a message, the amount of time you have left to edit it afterwards is very limited, compared to the previous forum. It would be nice to increase that time limit so you have more time to edit your post later on if you wanted to.

I bet you can't guess what the Hex code for this color is! It is #800000. ;)
Color palete seems fine to me. That’s the least of our worries. Just glad they are working good.
Hopefully we can get to upload profile pics down the road, but again least of our worries at this point.

Sherman

I am going to point out the really fast load time for this site. It loads faster that any other forum I am on. I am on quite a few others.

Temujin

I would second this. A small formatting error can make a post unintelligible. It is frustrating to notice this ten minutes after posting and being unable to fix it.