The 70 weeks and the so-called 7 year tribulation

One of the rallying cries of the Reformation was that the Pope of Rome was the prophesied antichrist and man of sin. This belief was proven by comparing the rise, deeds, and proclamations of the Pope with scripture for no fewer than 7 consecutive centuries. Millions were exterminated for disobedience to papal decree and doctrine.
Men were calling the pope the antichrist long before any reformers came along.

Men were calling the pope the antichrist long before any reformers came along.
Precisely. Good catch, btw.

Even Catholic clergy had begun rightly identifying their head as that man of sin. So much so, that about a century prior to Luther, it was forbidden via one of the Lateran councils for anyone to speculate on the Antichrist’s identity.

Precisely. Good catch, btw.

Even Catholic clergy had begun rightly identifying their head as that man of sin. So much so, that about a century prior to Luther, it was forbidden via one of the Lateran councils for anyone to speculate on the Antichrist’s identity.
I didn't know that.

I personally do not believe the pope is the antichrist. I think is "a" antichrist, but I think the pope will take the role of false prophet.

That would be your mother church, The rcc.
The "church" must be distinguished from the Roman papacy. In every temporal church there are true believers, including in Catholicism. One cannot say of any Catholic that they are not a Christian just because they are Catholic.

I believer that the Roman papacy itself is a primary source blasphemy, but its sins go back a very long way, even to the Byzantine church, which awarded it so much power.

And reformers arose long before the reformation. Robert Grostête at the age of sixty sought to bring reform to his church in Lincoln 1235AD. He objected to the immorality and avarice of the monks a hundred years before John Wycliffe’s denunciation of them. He exclaimed, “O money, money, money! how great is your power, especially in the court of Rome.” From this position he began to reject the authority and lifestyle of the pope (Innocent IV), who he declared as the incarnation of Lucifer. [source]. On the continent, before this, the Waldenses and others were locked in bitter disputes with the papacy and endured many persecutions.

I no longer believe the papacy acts alone as the man of sin. All who emulate its methods are equally guilty. Today the papacy is little different to many secular legal systems and oligarchies all over the world, who promote secular law in flagrant disobedience to God's law, and which are rooted in the same love of money and contempt for biblical morals as the Roman papacy.

So you reject that Jesus and the Father are One?
John 17:11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

John 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity.

Are you getting the picture yet?

I believe that they are one in unity and just like Jesus was saying about himself and the Father in John 10:30 and as you can see in the above verses when he even prays that the true believers would be one even as Jesus and the Father are also one.

John 17:11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

John 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity.

Are you getting the picture yet?

I believe that they are one in unity and just like Jesus was saying about himself and the Father in John 10:30 and as you can see in the above verses when he even prays that the true believers would be one even as Jesus and the Father are also one.
I really don't understand why people don't just answer the question. But I'll take your response as a no.

I really don't understand why people don't just answer the question. But I'll take your response as a no.
I did answer the guestion and I did so by showing you that you were wrong about what Jesus meant when he said in John 10:30 "I am my Father are one", for he was only speaking of his unity with the Father concerning the care of the sheep and in John 17:11 and 21-23 it is the same unity he speaks of there also.

Flat our you are in error not only on this passage but on many others that you also have accepted from the apostate false teachers who are teaching it to you.

Nevertheless, you like so many others on this forum, will have to learn the truth the hard way and that is the problem with false religious brainwashing, for once it sets up in the mind and heart it is like concrete and it is nearly impossible to shake it loose with the genuine truth of the scriptures.

Back