The Adoption

brotherofJared

God--"Okay, you deities, listen up--when you become mortal, you had better defend the weak and fatherless and widows. OR you will die like men and fall like any prince."
The judgment in Ps 82 is clearly about their existing shortcomings. But isn't that what Ps 82 says? And, is that what I've been saying all along?

brotherofJared

God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man... I am going to tell you how God came to be God. We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea... He was once a man like us; yea, that God himself, the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth.

(from the KFD).
also note: One make anything they want out of a discourse if they remove enough of the context. How was God the Father once a man like us? Why, He was like us the same as was His Son, Jesus Christ, a perfect mortal, both 100% and 100% human. That is the context of the KFD.

Theo1689

also note: One make anything they want out of a discourse if they remove enough of the context. How was God the Father once a man like us? Why, He was like us the same as was His Son, Jesus Christ, a perfect mortal, both 100% and 100% human. That is the context of the KFD.

Nowhere does the Bible teach that God the Father was "100% human".

brotherofJared

NO, it doesn't since "monogenes" doesn't mean "only begotten in the flesh" but "one of a kind; unique", so Jesus is the "one and only Son of the Father...Have you forgotten?
The Adoption | Page 8 | CARM Forums

.IF it means "only begotten of the father in the flesh" then was Isaac Abe's ONLY son begotten in the flesh, as Hebrews says? Since Abe had SEVEN other sons? Were the 7 other sons NOT begotten in the flesh? Yes or no?

And do you believe that HF went to his own spirit daughter Mary in her mortality and DIRECTLY begot Jesus in her womb? Yes or no? I mean, your former prophet said that Jesus was begotten of his father as we are begotten of our fathers....so, how are WE begotten of our fathers, ,dberrie? Care to tell us? Your church's theologians said how:

So how are children begotten of our fathers? Care to tell us?

How are WE sired by OUR fathers, dberrie?

Soooooo....what process do you think the Deseret News is talking about here, that HF used to beget Jesus, that is often used as a "mere harp of pleasure for the wicked"? Care to tell us, dberrie?

And

How do WE create OUR children, dberrie? Care to tell us?

So, how is Jesus "literally, biologically the son of God in the flesh"? WHAT action made Jesus the BIOLOGICAL Son of God?

And most ridiculously, from BYoung, especially in the second paragraph:

So, according to the bolded part in the second paragraph, Young must have thought that HF had "relations" with his own spirit daughter in the flesh, to produce Jesus, since he seemed to think that if Jesus were LITERALLY begotten of the HS, baptizing females so they would receive the Holy Ghost could impregnate them....right?

And yet, the bible does NOT teach that Jesus was BEGOTTEN OF the Holy Spirit:

Even the BoM says that Mary conceived Jesus by the power of the Holy Ghost, doesn't it?

So, why does your church contradict what the BoM says, in its modern teachings?

Now, when are you going to answer my simple questions?
This is the most ridiculous diatribe I've ever seen. You act as if we don't own our own theology. Bonnie, I have repeatedly stated that a human child, biologically necessitates a set of human parents? Hasn't the argument been, all along that God is the Father of Jesus Christ?

Do you not understand that a spirit cannot beget a human? Do you know the difference between the "by the power of" and "by the"? All the scriptures hold that the Father is the Father of Jesus Christ, not the Holy Ghost.