The age of the universe

J regia

it is either one or the other since it cannot be both. That means one is right or the other wrong. The problem here is old Earthers cannot defend their positions from Scripture. Their old earth is alien to scripture and comes with a host of negatives. Billions of yrs of death and destruction all declared very good by God means Jesus came for nothing since there is no sin to redeem. Restore means bring back to original and under the old earth model, it means bring back to billions of yrs of death and destruction.

Then they are bearing false witness.

Your agreement means nothing.
That's because the bible was just written by men, for men, about men and their patriarchal society and their history and laws and their myths, including the gods they created in their images and likenesses. Which is why the bible has numerous contradictions and inconsistencies and scientific untruths.

J regia

More unsupported assertions
That's your choice if you don't believe what the bible says. But it still doesn't alter the fact that the bible doesn't say that it was morally wrong for Abraham to butcher his son and cook him for a sacrificial meal, or for Cain(an) to kill his brother Abel or for Noah's father to kill a young man, since the ten commandants etc are just man made and didn't apply to them.

rossum

it is either one or the other since it cannot be both.
It cannot be both, but it could be neither. There is no guarantee that a human interpretation of scripture is correct. Both could be wrong.

The problem here is old Earthers cannot defend their positions from Scripture.
How about:
  • Psalm 19:1, "The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament showeth His handiwork."
  • Psalm 85:11 - "Truth springs from the earth; and righteousness looks down from heaven"
By studying astronomy and geology we can discern God's work. We do not have the original copies of the Bible. We do have the original earth and the original stars, not copies and not translations. What the earth and the stars tell us is just as much from God as the Bible, or are you trying to tell us that God did not make the earth and the stars?

ferengi

That's your choice if you don't believe what the bible says
No I just dont believe your unsupported assertions.
. But it still doesn't alter the fact that the bible doesn't say that it was morally wrong for Abraham to butcher his son and cook him for a sacrificial meal, or for Cain(an) to kill his brother Abel or for Noah's father to kill a young man, since the ten commandants etc are just man made and didn't apply to them.
Like I said I don't believe your unsupported claims.

ferengi

How about:
  • Psalm 19:1, "The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament showeth His handiwork."
  • Psalm 85:11 - "Truth springs from the earth; and righteousness looks down from heaven"
How about your false analogy fallacy

Woody50

Because four of the Ten Commandments also appear in Buddhist scriptures. By criticising the Tripitaka you are also criticising the Bible.
Lame answer. Who cares? I don't.

You just showed us all the reason NOT to agree or believe as you do.

J regia

Oh and you have no evidence for billions either
COOOOL -
And that's your choice if you don't believe what the bible actually says and believe that there are over 9 galaxies within one light-year from Earth, given that there are ~two trillion visible galaxies and the speed of light is ~300,000 km/sec.

Woody50

COOOOL -
And that's your choice if you don't believe what the bible actually says and believe that there are over 30 galaxies within one light-year from Earth, given that there are ~two trillion visible galaxies and the speed of light is ~300,000 km/sec.
What does the Bible actually say, doctor atheist? You cannot abide being wrong, which you always are, so you tell someone that they know less than you do--which is nothing?

Game on, "regia." Regale me of the hilarity of "science' and how you know about the Bible. This is gonna be HILARIOUS!

Let's go, dude.

ferengi

COOOOL -
And that's your choice if you don't believe what the bible actually says and believe that there are over 9 galaxies within one light-year from Earth, given that there are ~two trillion visible galaxies and the speed of light is ~300,000 km/sec.

J regia

So what evidence do you have that there aren't two trillion visible galaxies, and/or that the speed of light in a vacuum isn't ~300,000 km/sec?

And do you have any evidence to support your claim that your god is immoral?
"I reject God
The reason I reject God is because He is immoral
If He expects my devotion then He is going to have to prove to me that He is not immoral despite doing that which I know to be immoral"

ferengi

So what evidence do you have that there aren't two trillion visible galaxies, and/or that the speed of light in a vacuum isn't ~300,000 km/sec?
And do you have any evidence to support your claim that your god is immoral?
Loaded question

J regia

Oh and you have no evidence for billions either Loaded question
Is that because you believe that your god is immoral?
"I reject God
If He expects my devotion then He is going to have to prove to me that He is not immoral despite doing that which I know to be immoral"

J regia

So why do you believe that your god is immoral?
"I reject God

ferengi

So why do you believe that your god is immoral?
"I reject God

J regia

That's your choice if you believe that your god is immoral, but there is plenty of evidence that there are about two trillion visible galaxies and that the speed of light is ~300,000 km/sec.