The Arborist & I: A Dialogue

Furion

You're free to think whatever you want - you are not free, however, per the dictates of Jesus Christ, to bear false witness against me, your neighbor

Either stop lying about me or stop lying about being a Christian, lesser boy

PS
Now that I think of it - you are NOT FREE, per the dictates of Jesus Christ, to think whatever you want after all
You are to think what He tells you to think or He will burn and torture you forever because He is, you know...a good and loving God!
What are you on about, angry atheist boy?

I'm free to not be free to be free.

Oh ya ok.

treeplanter

So if there is an alternate reality, things in it do NOT exist?

You are now confusing the hell out of yourself, aren't ya, angry boy?/
It's God's universe man, not mine
His time
His space
And all that is and is not contained therein

Or isn't that what you believe?

I find it curious that you insist upon placing limitations upon God's power
Isn't the Christian position that God can do anything just so long as it is within His nature to do so?

Surely, the nature of God does not prohibit Him from eating Enchiritos on Jupiter...?

It's cool, though - I have no problem agreeing with you that God is not as almighty as most Christians claim

I have no problem agreeing with you that there are many things that God cannot do even though His nature would permit it

You win, Stiggy
You're right and I am wrong - God IS significantly limited in what He can do

Now, can we get back to discussing something far more important than whether or not God is present in a Taco Bell on Jupiter - namely, whether or not He is worthy of our devotion given His less than moral character?

treeplanter

What's that have to do with your moronic belief that if there is an alternate reality things in it do NOT exist?

You need to try to explain that bit of imbecility, angry boy.
Look at all the things in this reality that do not exist, Stiggy:
Mickey Mouse
Darth Vader
Leprechauns
Jesus Christ
Vampires
Etc

If you can accept that there are things that do not exist in this reality then why can't you accept that there are things that do not exist in alternate realities?

Furion

Look at all the things in this reality that do not exist, Stiggy:
Mickey Mouse
Darth Vader
Leprechauns
Jesus Christ
Vampires
Etc

If you can accept that there are things that do not exist in this reality then why can't you accept that there are things that do not exist in alternate realities?

Check this list out.

Things that don't exist in the atheist universe.

Morality
Meaning
Purpose
Hope

treeplanter

Sure there is silly, it's a universe without God.
I'll trust that you are using the term 'universe' in the sense of a particular sphere of activity, interest, or experience as opposed to 'universe' as in all existing matter and space considered as a whole...

Incidentally, that I should give you this benefit of the doubt speaks more to my forgiving nature than it does to your credibility, but that's a discussion for another time

Perhaps you would care to explain how you dare presume something as ridiculously stupid as morality, meaning, purpose, and hope not existing in an atheist universe?

Furion

I'll trust that you are using the term 'universe' in the sense of a particular sphere of activity, interest, or experience as opposed to 'universe' as in all existing matter and space considered as a whole...

Incidentally, that I should give you this benefit of the doubt speaks more to my forgiving nature than it does to your credibility, but that's a discussion for another time

Perhaps you would care to explain how you dare presume something as ridiculously stupid as morality, meaning, purpose, and hope not existing in an atheist universe?

Your silly passive aggressive inanity is always your downfall, tree humping fella.

There, I just made a funny.

treeplanter

Your silly passive aggressive inanity is always your downfall, tree humping fella.

There, I just made a funny.
Yeah, you're hilarious...

You said that morality, meaning, purpose, and hope do not exist in the atheist's 'universe' - i.e. sphere of activity / interest / experience

Are you now disavowing this claim?
If not, then defend it!

treeplanter

No I didn't, read for comprehension.
Post #306
Your words, Jimmy!

"Check this list out.
Morality
Meaning
Purpose
Hope"

What ARE you saying then, lesser fella?

I was wrong to give you the benefit of the doubt?

When you said that morality, meaning, purpose, and hope don't exist in the atheist universe you weren't talking about the particular sphere of activity, interest, or experience of an individual atheist?

You actually WERE talking about an all existing matter and space which is to be considered as a whole?

You think that you and I exist in two separate universes??

treeplanter

No I didn't, read for comprehension.
Post #306
Your words, Jimmy!

"Check this list out.
Morality
Meaning
Purpose
Hope"

When you said that morality, meaning, purpose, and hope don't exist in the atheist universe you WEREN'T talking about the particular sphere of activity, interest, or experience of an individual atheist?

You actually WERE talking about an all existing matter and space which is to be considered as a whole?

WELL?
HAVE YOU ANYHTHING TO SAY OR ARE YOU NOW IN HIDING DUE THE HUMILIATION OF HAVING YOUR OWN WORDS USED AGAINST YOU?

It's not like you ever let that stop you before, lesser fella!

Furion

Post #306
Your words, Jimmy!

"Check this list out.
Morality
Meaning
Purpose
Hope"

When you said that morality, meaning, purpose, and hope don't exist in the atheist universe you WEREN'T talking about the particular sphere of activity, interest, or experience of an individual atheist?

WELL?
HAVE YOU ANYHTHING TO SAY OR ARE YOU NOW IN HIDING DUE THE HUMILIATION OF HAVING YOUR OWN WORDS USED AGAINST YOU?

It's not like you ever let that stop you before, lesser fella!

All you have to do is show me the physical evidence, no need to start yelling.

treeplanter

All you have to do is show me the physical evidence, no need to start yelling.
Post #306
Your words:

"Check this list out.
Morality
Meaning
Purpose
Hope"

What did you mean by the term 'universe'?

A sphere of activity, interest, and experience relative to an individual
OR
All existing matter and space considered as a whole??

Either your claim is that there is no morality, meaning, purpose, and hope within the sphere of activity, interest, and experience relative to an atheist {a claim that you then turned around and expressly denied having made in post #313}

OR

Your claim is that there is no morality, meaning, purpose, or hope for an atheist because we exist in two separate spheres of matter and space

Which is it, Jimmy???

Last edited:
Sure there is silly, it's a universe without God.
I find it interesting that our universe meets the expected criteria of this 'atheist universe'. If there were no God we would expect to see:
  • God does not appear on Earth in our day to day lives
  • Man cannot use the power of God to cure people or build bridges or create anything - only science works
  • Man might create and worship many, many gods since there is no real god to show up and tell them they are wrong
  • Every century we'd find more and more natural, scientific explanations for things people swear are the power of God (e.g. lightning, the rains for the crops, the beginning of the universe)
  • Prayer does not impact outcomes because there is no God to listen (e.g. Christians pray by the million to have a hurricane spare Texas and the hurricane slams right into Texas anyway)
  • Many who claim to have the power of a god are proven false (e.g. faith healers, psychics)
  • All stories of God are in the past, are not verifiable, and cannot be repeated in modern day
  • Verifiable miracles do not occur - they only exist in stories
Our universe matches what you'd expect in a godless universe. It is not proof of anything but it is interesting. If there were a God we'd expect to see God interact with his creation, we'd see prayers answered and hurricanes moved by God's hand to protect the faithful. Angels would appear to guide us. God would appear in India to tell the billions of Hindus that they got it all very, very wrong. Churches would form in a glow of white light as God creates them. And we would not have hospitals - you would take the sick to a church to be healed by God's grace.

:)

Furion

Post #306
Your words:

"Check this list out.
Morality
Meaning
Purpose
Hope"

What did you mean by the term 'universe'?

A sphere of activity, interest, and experience relative to an individual
OR
All existing matter and space considered as a whole??

Either your claim is that there is no morality, meaning, purpose, and hope within the sphere of activity, interest, and experience relative to an atheist {a claim that you then turned around and expressly denied having made in post #313}

OR

Your claim is that there is no morality, meaning, purpose, or hope for an atheist because we exist in two separate spheres of matter and space

Which is it, Jimmy???

I have no idea what you are talking about really.

If you have the physical evidence for meaning, purpose, morality in your atheist universe then present it.

Otherwise go hug a tree or something.