You think whatever you bind, means add to the scriptures
nope, but the bible is not an all inclusive manual
whatever you feel like.
whatever you bind and loose on the Church is the point Manfred
You think I lack faith when I quote scripture
anyone can quote scripture [Mt 4:5]
And you think you qualify to bring good news to the lost
once again, are you lost Manfred?

Sorry, 2 Corinthians does not mention that it is the apostles exclusively who the Spirit reveals the things of God to.

Does this mean they could not understand the things of God but you can?? Try something different. Quit insulting 2000 year old dead apostles
How in the world did you get the idea I was stating the apostles could not understand the things of God

All truth was not yet revealed and had to be revealed first to the apostles so they could preach it and write it down

We have the advantage now of having the revelations they received in the New testament

How in the world did you get the idea I was stating the apostles could not understand the things of God

All truth was not yet revealed and had to be revealed first to the apostles so they could preach it and write it down

We have the advantage now of having the revelations they received in the New testament
And what he is saying is you understand these revelations by the Spirit of God. Just because you or anyone else writes them down or preaches them does not of necessity mean the hearers or readers will understand.

And what he is saying is you understand these revelations by the Spirit of God. Just because you or anyone else writes them down or preaches them does not of necessity mean the hearers or readers will understand.
What he needs to prove is the scriptures and the preaching of them are insufficient of themselves for understanding and belief
The bible never teaches that. I have a number of verses he never addresses to that end

YHow in the world did you get the idea I was stating the apostles could not understand the things of God

Yes and you understand them by the Spirit

Yes and you understand them by the Spirit
Unbelievers those who do not yet believe do not have the spirit

and the spirit's work in the believer is expressed here

John 16:8-11 (ESV)
8 And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment:
9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me;
10 concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer;
11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Unbelievers those who do not yet believe do not have the spirit

and the spirit's work in the believer is expressed here

John 16:8-11 (ESV)
8 And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment:
9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me;
10 concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer;
11 concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
So you need the Spirit to understand the things of God. It could not be clearer

What he needs to prove is the scriptures and the preaching of them are insufficient of themselves for understanding and belief
The bible never teaches that. I have a number of verses he never addresses to that end
The Bible certainly does teach that the Scripture and the preaching of them are insufficient, in themselves, for understanding and faith.

John 3:19,20 (VW)
19 And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone practicing evil hates the Light and does not come to the Light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Now contrast this with the person whom God has made born again.

John 3:21 (VW) But the one doing the truth comes to the Light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been worked in God.

The Bible certainly does teach that the Scripture and the preaching of them are insufficient, in themselves, for understanding and faith.

John 3:19,20 (VW)
19 And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone practicing evil hates the Light and does not come to the Light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Now contrast this with the person whom God has made born again.

John 3:21 (VW) But the one doing the truth comes to the Light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been worked in God.
@David1701 in that HOUSE!!!

WELCOME BACK TO CARM...

Back