The atheist delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the only way and place that the truth and reality can be experienced and known to exist is in and with a believing mind, and there is no other way or place that possesses the capacity of belief ONLY a believing mind, then the ONLY way and place capable of the truth and reality residing is in and with a believing mind. You haven't refuted this yet and remember; we want to see some wave function collapse happening between those ears of yours or YOU got nothing.
If the only way and place that the truth and reality can be experienced and known to exist is in and with a believing mind, then there is no way for God to exist because all minds are rooted in physical biology. There are no minds or thoughts or truths or knowledge without physical brains. None silly. Absolutely none.

If the only way and place that the truth and reality can be experienced and known to exist is in and with a believing mind, then there is no way for God to exist because all minds are rooted in physical biology. There are no minds or thoughts or truths or knowledge without physical brains. None silly. Absolutely none.

Actually the truth is that even physicality requires a believing mind in order to exist, so this as steered QM to conclude that wave function collapse requires a believing mind in order to occur. Therefore, reality entails a believing mind in order for anything to occur, including the truth, math, language, consciousness, existence, logic and reality itself. And you cannot show otherwise silly.

Actually the truth is that even physicality requires a believing mind in order to exist, so this as steered QM to conclude that wave function collapse requires a believing mind in order to occur. Therefore, reality entails a believing mind in order for anything to occur, including the truth, math, language, consciousness, existence, logic and reality itself. And you cannot show otherwise silly.
I don't have to show that at all. Normal people, even Christians, already know the difference between reality and perception so I don't need to engage in that proof. That is your uphill battle, bub. All I have to tell you is that there are no believing minds without physical brains. And you can't show otherwise, silly. You can't even show it logically possible. Go ahead and try. We crushed every syllogism you attempted so far as wrong in almost every premise you proposed.

If the only way and place that the truth and reality can be experienced and known to exist is in and with a believing mind, and there is no other way or place that possesses the capacity of belief ONLY a believing mind, then the ONLY way and place capable of the truth and reality residing is in and with a believing mind. You haven't refuted this yet...
I've refuted it a thousand times over. You just haven't been paying attention. Again, your premise is ambiguous - intentionally so, according to your earlier post. You conflate knowledge of reality and the existence of reality. No-one denies that knowledge must be located in minds, but your conclusion requires more than this. It requires reality itself to only be able to be located in a mind, and that is false - the alternative location is MIPUST, which you've never been able to disprove. You just keep getting confused about what mind-independence means, conflating knowledge and existence a second time by wrongly thinking that we'd have to be able to know MIPUST without using our minds. You also ignore the point, now being made against you by several posters, that you cannot locate reality in anything else, as that something else would then by definition not exist or be real. But by all means, keep telling yourself you haven't been refuted. No-one else will believe that lie, but you might be able to convince yourself - after all, your epistemic standards are clearly not very high, so you should find yourself easy to convince.

Because you have not refuted anything.
And yet I have. Put on your big boy pants and try dealing with the refutations you've been given:

I've refuted it a thousand times over. You just haven't been paying attention. Again, your premise is ambiguous - intentionally so, according to your earlier post. You conflate knowledge of reality and the existence of reality. No-one denies that knowledge must be located in minds, but your conclusion requires more than this. It requires reality itself to only be able to be located in a mind, and that is false - the alternative location is MIPUST, which you've never been able to disprove. You just keep getting confused about what mind-independence means, conflating knowledge and existence a second time by wrongly thinking that we'd have to be able to know MIPUST without using our minds. You also ignore the point, now being made against you by several posters, that you cannot locate reality in anything else, as that something else would then by definition not exist or be real. But by all means, keep telling yourself you haven't been refuted. No-one else will believe that lie, but you might be able to convince yourself - after all, your epistemic standards are clearly not very high, so you should find yourself easy to convince.

And yet I have.

No you haven't.

Put on your big boy pants and try dealing with the refutations you've been given:

Low epistemic standards = "knowledge and experience requires a mind".

High epistemic standards = If the truth and reality cannot be known or experienced without a believing mind, then the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known and experienced is in and with a believing mind.
It eliminates all ambiguity as to where, how and why the truth and reality is known to exist, experienced and also highlights the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to reside.

No you haven't.
Yes I have. You just ignored it once again.

Low epistemic standards = "knowledge and experience requires a mind".

High epistemic standards = If the truth and reality cannot be known or experienced without a believing mind, then the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known and experienced is in and with a believing mind.
It eliminates all ambiguity as to where, how and why the truth and reality is known to exist, experienced and also highlights the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to reside.
This doesn't address what I said, and no, you still haven't removed the ambiguity.

Yes I have. You just ignored it once again.

This doesn't address what I said, and no, you still haven't removed the ambiguity.

If you a believing mind is necessary in order to make the truth and reality known to exist and occur, then how is it possible that the truth and reality can be known to exist or occur anywhere else but a believing mind?

If belief or a believing mind is necessary in order to make all truth and reality known to everyone. And it is impossible for atheism being a unbelief to exist in reality, because belief and a believing mind is necessary in order to make reality known. And whereas atheism is just a unbelief and a unbelieving mind and not a belief or believing mind, then thinking as atheists do that they can believe a unbelief like atheism exists in reality is a delusion.
atheism is not an "unbelief".
Atheism is the LACK of belief.
Bald is not a hairstyle.

And you have an infinite number of unbeliefs, just like us.

Strawman and projection. Actually there is no way that any "LACK of belief" or "unbelief" can be known to exist in reality, because all knowledge of reality requires a belief and not a unbelief. And it is only unbelievers who believe they can know their own unbelief exists in reality, because believing one's unbelief can be known to exist in reality is the epitome of ignorance.

And you have an infinite number of unbeliefs, just like us.

This... lack of belief... "non-stamp collector" trope is just a lazy bait and switch by atheists who want to talk a big game acting like they know best. And then retreat to the neutral corner whenever it suits them. #schmatheism

Your signature says;
"Strong atheism: the belief that no gods exist."

Therefore really really strong atheism is the really really strong belief that no gods exist.

And moderately strong atheism is the moderately strong belief that no gods exist.

And mild atheism is the mild belief that no gods exist.

Are you seeing the pattern here?

Look. Let me break it down for you.

If you think there's no God(s) that's either ;

- a matter of pure faith/belief. (In which case, you're doing what you accuse Christians of doing.)

OR

- a rationally held, evidence-based, tentative proposition. (In which case, you should be able to justify your position with reason, logic and evidence.)

Last edited:
Strawman and projection. Actually there is no way that any "LACK of belief" or "unbelief" can be known to exist in reality, because all knowledge of reality requires a belief and not a unbelief. And it is only unbelievers who believe they can know their own unbelief exists in reality, because believing one's unbelief can be known to exist in reality is the epitome of ignorance.
You keep using the term 'strawman' but demonstrate each time that you do not know what it means.

You have an infinite number of unbeliefs. Same as we do.

This... lack of belief... "non-stamp collector" trope is just a lazy bait and switch by atheists who want to talk a big game acting like they know best. And then retreat to the neutral corner whenever it suits them.
Sorry, but false. Atheism is the lack of belief in the existence of gods. That's what the word means.
Your signature says;
"Strong atheism: the belief that no gods exist."

Therefore really really strong atheism is the really really strong belief that no gods exist.

And moderately strong atheism is the moderately strong belief that no gods exist.

And mild atheism is the mild belief that no gods exist.

Are you seeing the pattern here?
I'm seeing a bunch of nonsense.
Look. Let me break it down for you.

If you think there's no God(s) that's either ;

- a matter of pure faith/belief. (In which case, you're doing what you accuse Christians of doing.)

OR

- a rationally held, evidence-based, tentative proposition. (In which case, you should be able to justify your position with reason, logic and evidence.)
None of that changes - or even addresses - anything I've said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back