The atheist delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't we do without attacking each other? name calling? and other ad hominems? Please vent your frustrations somewhere else.

Last edited:
Can't we do without attacking each other? name calling? and other ad hominems? Go vent your frustrations somewhere else.

Well, I don't know. Jesus got pretty frustrated with the Pharisees and called them hypocrites and a "brood of vipers," didn't He? As far as venting frustrations elsewhere, I'd hope that maybe venting on a discussion board like this by calling Steve a "christ punk" might save 5wize's dog from being kicked in anger.

Well, I don't know. Jesus got pretty frustrated with the Pharisees and called them hypocrites and a "brood of vipers," didn't He? As far as venting frustrations elsewhere, I'd hope that maybe venting on a discussion board like this by calling Steve a "christ punk" might save 5wize's dog from being kicked.
I'll leave then when things go over the top and turn from joking to meanness.

I'll leave then when things go over the top and turn from joking to meanness.

Please don't. I put a high value on your posts. I know you are primarily motivated to share the gospel. Please consider a secondary reason to be keeping us boys in line. We need a woman's touch. Without you we might degenerate into full fledged barbarism.

Please don't. I put a high value on your posts. I know you are primarily motivated to share the gospel. Please consider a secondary reason to be keeping us boys in line. We need a woman's touch. Without you we might degenerate into full fledged barbarism.
There are times I feel like I've entered the wrong locker room. You all need the Holy Spirit's touch. imho.
By "leaving", I mean that I'm going to leave from commenting on this thread. That's all.

You mean sinful deeds. Yes.

Why the roundabout fake drama? Just identify the inconsistencies if you think you see them.
It's quite simple. In post #675 you state that God judges all sins, specifically avarice. How is avarice a deed? I accept that it can lead to deeds, but of itself it is a character trait, which you have stated (#663) that he does NOT judge. Which is it, and will you change your mind again?

It's quite simple. In post #675 you state that God judges all sins, specifically avarice. How is avarice a deed?

When it's acted upon. Ever heard of Jesse James?

I accept that it can lead to deeds, but of itself it is a character trait, which you have stated (#663) that he does NOT judge.

Correct. He doesn't. Satan has tempts me every April to greedily cheat on my taxes, but I resist the temptation, so no judgement from God on that. Now God DOES judge me when I act upon avarice, like when I took the last remaining slice of turkey on Thanksgiving, especially since that sin combined avarice with gluttony.

Satan tempted Jesus with avarice in the wilderness, but His Father did not condemn Him for it.

Which is it, and will you change your mind again?

Can't do something again that you haven't done in the first place.

It's quite simple. In post #675 you state that God judges all sins, specifically avarice. How is avarice a deed? I accept that it can lead to deeds, but of itself it is a character trait, which you have stated (#663) that he does NOT judge. Which is it, and will you change your mind again?
The simple answer is that the flesh is judged already for blind-will, passions, lust arising in the cosmic matter or flesh. It is why the cosmos is lifeless since its foundation according to theological speculation regarding cosmogenesis. It is why the flesh dies for sin. But that does not mean the soul has to give in to blind will. If the soul lives according to what is honorable, good, and right reason, then the soul is not condemned. The soul is saved.

Where it gets confusing is when people confound YHWH with the absolute Good God. Because the absolute Good God sows his good seeds, a moral consciousness, among humans in order for them to live as he does, according to his divine nature, aka, ”spirit of Jesus” or Wisdom, whereas, YHWH condemns all human flesh for merely coveting (see ten commandments) or desiring what does not belong to them. Therefore, it is IMPOSSIBLE to please YHWH for sin arising in our flesh, the flesh he formed, in the material world he created, whereas, the soul can please the heavenly Father who resides in the world of thought and reason and wisdom. It is why Paul/Jesus abrogated the letter of the Mosaic Law when the soul is set free to live by the spirit or wisdom or right reason arising in it. YHWH still collects his pound of flesh but the spirit collects the soul for a future world ruled by true God and heavenly Father.

Only one of the seven classical Deadly Sins, is a deed.
The rest are mere states of mind.

The Christian god is Thought Police.
Indeed. I've tried to avoid mentioning gluttony. Which is ironic, as Stiggy wants to both have his cake and eat it.

With free will? How could he be assured they could be trusted to do good?
Yes with free will. Just like in heaven.
What about it? You were asked to show us something from the Bible that says Good condemns us for thoughts. You screwed up. What verses DID you mean?
Hilarious. You admit it was a slow pitch softball, yet you STILL whiff. Let me give you your slow pitch answer: "There's not one."
Let's go over the quote:

"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Explain how not having sex with a woman that is not your wife, but keeping only the thought of it becomes a sin against a direct commandment as Jesus states, does not lead to a condemnation for a thought crime.

And let me dispense ahead of time the ignorant angle that thoughts are actually actions so you are punished for what you actually did. What was it that they actually did? They thought about it. That's the point... get it yet?

Stiggy, you're going to lose this one too... so back out gracefully.

Yes with free will.

Yep.

Just like in heaven.

Yep, where with no world, flesh and the devil, He'll KNOW we can be trusted. Walked right into that one, didn't you?

Let's go over the quote:

"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Explain how not having sex with a woman that is not your wife, but keeping only the thought of it, and that being a sin against a direct commandment as Jesus states, is not a thought crime.

No, YOU explain how no reference to punishment MAKES it a crime of any sort.

Stiggy, you're going to lose this one too.

Heh, I wonder if any Cumberland players told the Tech players at halftime that they were "going to lose this one:"

In what way? What is He not letting you think?
He isn't preventing anything (obviously, since being non-existent, He is powerless to do so) but according to you he is judging us if we think lustful or avaricious thoughts. Or not, depending on which post of yours we read.

He isn't preventing anything (obviously, since being non-existent, He is powerless to do so.)

Then why are you criticizing Him? Do you also criticize Mr. Freeze?

but according to you he is judging us if we think lustful or avaricious thoughts. Or not, depending on which post of yours we read.

Then why don't you copy/paste various posts in which I supposedly say contradictory things? Let me answer that: You can't. But try at least.

Then why are you criticizing Him? Do you also criticize Mr. Freeze?

Then why don't you copy/paste various posts in which I supposedly say contradictory things? Let me answer that: You can't. But try at least.
Done. I have given you the post numbers, but characteristically, you have refused to take responsibility for what you have already posted. It's you and your apparent inconsistency that I criticise.

Yep.

Yep, where with no world, flesh and the devil, He'll KNOW we can be trusted. Walked right into that one, didn't you?
Oh! So the conditions are created for success without sacrificing free will. So God has that capability and he just screwed the design of this world up... a beginner's mistake I suppose for such a imperfect being. Walked right into that one, didn't you?
No, YOU explain how no reference to punishment MAKES it a crime of any sort.
There is no punishment prescribed for the Ten Commandments either. So YOU explain why those are sins using whatever lack of logic you are referencing here.
Heh, I wonder if any Cumberland players told the Tech players at halftime that they were "going to lose this one:"
I wonder if a team can win with so many false starts, penalties, bad play calls, and screwed up play executions as you provide.

Give it up, Stiggy. You're looking pretty strained here.

Last edited:
Can't we do without attacking each other? name calling? and other ad hominems? Please vent your frustrations somewhere else.
Yes we can. There are however a few Christians in these forums that paint with those colors. Reflecting it back to them might be the only proper response given that graciousness is not recognized by them as a good character trait at all as it is with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back