The Attributes Of the Trinity

The fact is the OP is irrefutable. The list of attributes irrefutable. If you can refitted them then by all means knock yourself out , try and attempt it Theo . Or add one if you can and support it .

oops
Wrath is an attribute of God, in fact, it is one of His "communicable" attributes, an attribute which men also possess.

That wrath was manifest after creation, does not preclude it from being an attribute of God.

If, as you assert, wrath as an attribute was acquired by God at the fall, then God is not immutable, but mutable. If you want to believe God is mutable, it's no skin off my nose; however, if you do, I urge to repent of that.

I hope that helps ...

The fact is the OP is irrefutable. The list of attributes irrefutable. If you can refitted them then by all means knock yourself out , try and attempt it Theo . Or add one if you can and support it .

oops

You just can't take "no" for an answer, can you?

You remind me of that scene from "Princess Bride":

Inigo: "Who are you?"
Dread Pirate Roberts: "No one of consequence".
Inigo: "Really... I must know."
Roberts: "Get used to disappointment."

You just can't take "no" for an answer, can you?

You remind me of that scene from "Princess Bride":

Inigo: "Who are you?"
Dread Pirate Roberts: "No one of consequence".
Inigo: "Really... I must know."
Roberts: "Get used to disappointment."
Straw again

You missed "wrath." Wrath is an attribute of God.
Wrath is an attribute of God, in fact, it is one of His "communicable" attributes, an attribute which men also possess.

That wrath was manifest after creation, does not preclude it from being an attribute of God.

If, as you assert, wrath as an attribute was acquired by God at the fall, then God is not immutable, but mutable. If you want to believe God is mutable, it's no skin off my nose; however, if you do, I urge to repent of that.

I hope that helps ...
Crickets ...

@fltom, @Johnnybgood, @Theo1689, @Reformedguy, @Ladodgers6, @Carbon

? more straw as they can only talk about the person and not stay on topic which are the attributes of God .

next

I hope that helps ...
Crickets ... ?

Nowhere is wrath an innate attribute of God.

more straw

next
Yes, it is. God does not have "innate" attributes; He is eternal. Wrath is an eternal attribute. You don't believe that. You think God acquired wrath at the fall, an amateur mistake which renders God mutable.

Last edited:
Just curious...

I assume your “Trinity for Dummy’s” book will include your statement...

“The Father and Son ALWAYS speak TOGETHER.”

You could include this example...

When the Father says “This day have I begotten thee”, the Son is also saying “This day have I begotten thee” at the same time.

Or would you prefer to take back your statement? ?
Did you read my response from Jesus in John’s gospel ?

John 5:19
So Jesus replied, "Truly, truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing by Himself, unless He sees the Father doing it. For whatever the Father does, the Son also does.

John 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 7:16
"My teaching is not My own," Jesus replied. "It comes from Him who sent Me.

John 8:28
So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing on My own, but speak exactly what the Father has taught Me.

John 12:49
I have not spoken on My own, but the Father who sent Me has commanded Me what to say and how to say it.

you should of learned your lesson by now no one here is capable of trapping me with their questions . When one has the real Jesus and knows the True God it’s impossible. ?

hope this helps !!!

That post is addressed to @Reformedguy; it is not addressed to me.

It's clear to me your intent is to deflect and rumaway from your major blunder that asserts that ETERNAL GOD has "innate" attributes / qualities. If that isn't making God IN YOUR IMAGE, I don't know what is.

Yep, run away from your mistakes and errors @Chalcedon.
Same issue different poster

I know I'm not tagged in this, but while all the attributes you have noted in the thread thus far are true, I think that his being Eternal/uncreated is why he is self-sufficient. I think that the Omni triplets and being Love intrinsically are what makes him Holy, or "other than". But his Aseity, his self-sufficiency, is based on his having always existing! He needs nothing outside of himself to subsist.

Doug
Would you add any to the list of innate or incommunicable attributes ?

1-Aseity- Self Sufficient
2-Eternal
3-Omnipresent
4-Omnipotent
5-Omniscient
6-Love
7-Holy
8-Immutable
9-Perichoresis
10-God is One- Unity within the Godhead of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
11- Infinite
12- Transcendent

Last edited by a moderator:
1 Cor 3:1
when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in Christ.

1 Cor 2:14
The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Back