The Beginning of the Gospel of Jesus Christ - A Time Stamp

JDS

Mark 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

This thread is to convince the readers that God deals with men in cycles of time and to present the case that one can, yea, must, believe the words.

For instance, Mark says in the above statement that he is writing about the beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Who believes that? Me. I believe it.
When did Mark think the gospel of Jesus Christ began? Does he say? Yes. Look at this.

2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.
6 And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey;
7 And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose.
8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

If you will notice above, those who went out to be baptized were not people of outer Mongolia, or Eastern Brazil, or Central Australia. They were the people of the land of Judaea and Jerusalem.

9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.
10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:
11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
12 And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness.
13 And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.
14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

What if there were some visitors from Outer Mongolia, or from Central Australia, or from Eastern Brazil in Jerusalem on business or vacation in those days. Would they have come out to be baptized in the Jordan by John? If so, would John have baptized them?

So, we have two expressions of the gospel in these few verses.
1) The gospel of Jesus Christ
2) The gospel of the kingdom

Are they speaking of the same gospel. Yes, but different aspects of the gospel. The gospel of the kingdom is dependent upon the gospel of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ begins to preach the gospel of the kingdom. Who does Jesus Christ preach the gospel of the kingdom to? Is it people from the land of Outer Mongolia, or from the land of Central Australia, or is it to people from Eastern Brazil? No, he preaches to people from the land of Judaea and Jerusalem and his gospel of the kingdom was written in the OT prophets of Israel. He not only preaches that gospel to them but he preaches that it is "at hand." Jesus Christ does not preach to any other people from the time of his baptism, which Mark says is the beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, to his crucifixion and resurrection.

Jesus Christ has two things to say to the people of the land of Judaea and Jerusalem.
1) The kingdom of God is at hand
2) Repent and believe the gospel.

From the time Mark wrote this until 3.5 years later when Jesus was crucified we see a conflict between the rulers of Judaea and Jerusalem concerning him. and the kingdom of God was rejected of the people to whom he came to rule. This is the time of the writing of the 4 gospel writers, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. The kingdom that was at hand did not occur and the King was killed and Jesus did not rule over Judaea and Jerusalem YET.

Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

I would like to engage Calvinists on this subject and convince them that they deny certain aspects of the gospel of Jesus Christ with several of their peculiar doctrines they preach and they do not know that this age we are living in now is a mystery form of the kingdom, with the king being absent, as a result of the rejection of the Jews to repent and believe as they were commanded by the first words out of the mouth of Jesus Christ in the beginning of his gospel.

I have much more proof and if Calvinists will engage I request they stay on the subject and deal with my arguments from the scriptures.

civic

The Gospel is multi- faceted.

But I'm only concerned with the salvific aspect of the gospel as outlined in 1 Cor 15:3-8.

hope this helps !!!

JDS

The Gospel is multi- faceted.

But I'm only concerned with the salvific aspect of the gospel as outlined in 1 Cor 15:3-8.

hope this helps !!!
That would be the gospel of God, the feature of this present age. It has a beginning and ending as well. This too has a time stamp.

Last edited:

JDS

It’s the only one I’m concerned about
I know. That is why I have started this thread. You fellows have the gospel confused and think the beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ was addressed to you Englishmen. You do not comprehend the time cycles and when and where God becomes concerned with you. If you could get a hold of this it would clear up some very misguided teaching.

civic

I know. That is why I have started this thread. You fellows have the gospel confused and think the beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ was addressed to you Englishmen. You do not comprehend the time cycles and when and where God becomes concerned with you. If you could get a hold of this it would clear up some very misguided teaching.
Look you cannot teach me anything new about the gospel , salvation , the Trinity , the Deity of Christ or any other essential doctrine.

Im not being boastful but I’m very solid on the core doctrines of Christianity, those essential to salvation .

There are others I do learn from but you are not one of them unfortunately.

hope this helps !!!

civic

According to your theology, is not Unconditional Election the essential of the gospel?
Conditions on salvation are man made . God chooses based upon His own will , it’s His decision whom is saved, elected , predestined etc.... it’s not based upon our actions as per the twins in Romans 9.

hope this helps !!!

JDS

Time stamp.

The cycle of time that Israel was under the operative principle of divine dealing of the Mosaic Law was from Exodus 20 in about BC 1500 to the cross in 30 AD when Jesus Christ was crucified and risen from the dead. This ended this principle of divine dealing. One should read Exodus 20 now and see that Israel chose this method of God's dealing with them. It was after this that the structure of the kingdom was revealed. Eventually the chain of command was as follows.
1) God in heaven
2) Moses
3) The 12 heads of the tribes of Israel
4) Seventy elders of Israel

Consider Romans 10:4.
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Both principles of divine dealing are not operative at the same time.

Ga 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Ga 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Gentiles were never under the operative principle of law, so what changed for gentiles when Christ came. Answer. Nothing changed by way of the principle of divine dealing. Something was added. It was the operative principle of grace. When that happened then we see God revealing a mystery concerning this gospel. Do not be afraid to believe this gospel is a mystery. It means that while the gospel of Christ was "written in the prophets" (Mark 1:2), the mystery of the gospel of God was not. This gospel of God is revealed in the NT and involves the inclusion of all the nations of gentiles having the opportunity to repent of their unrighteousness. The command is to obey the gospel of Jesus Christ and be saved. The command is to repent. Repent means to turn from an unrighteous lifestyle that offends God and believing means to receive the salvation that God is providing through the death and resurrection of his son, Jesus Christ.

Here is what you need to know. It was written in AD 58.

Rom 16:24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, (the NT prophets such as Paul) according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
19 For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.

I have much more to say, but do you see that there can not be a gift of faith if there is a command to repent that is part of it. Like a nickel. It has two sides but it is one nickel. I will show you later who cannot enter the kingdom of God.

I have edited the underlined phrases.

Last edited:

JDS

Conditions on salvation are man made . God chooses based upon His own will , it’s His decision whom is saved, elected , predestined etc.... it’s not based upon our actions as per the twins in Romans 9.

hope this helps !!!
No civic, the condition of salvation is a command of God. I pointed out in my op that the first word from God to the sinner is “repent.” God is offended by a man’s actions. The deeds done in his body. Repent of your sins and trust Jesus Christ who has paid the penalty for your sins. Look at this list of men who cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

1) whose decision is it fornicate
2) whose decision is it to worship idols
3) whose decision to commit adultery
4) whose decision to cultivate effeminate behavior
5) whose decision to practice sodomy
6) whose decision to desire other people’s possessions
7) whose decision to steal

A person who does these things is the only person who can repent of them .

John 3:17-21
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

God did not commit sin and he is not the one who must repent. A man who will not turn from a lifestyle of sin will not be saved.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I have watch some of the impeachment trial today and I have seen liars that are sure to wind up in the lake of fire except they repent.

Last edited:

JDS

Time stamp for the kingdom of God.

Mr 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
Mr 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

What gospel is he wanting these Jews from Judaea and Jerusalem to believe? He wanted them to believe the good news that the kingdom that the prophets spoke of was at hand because the King was in their midst. If anyone can read the two verses above and not see that they should ask for a refund of the money they paid for their education.

A few years later Paul spoke of this time.

Ga 4:1 Now I say, [That] the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Mr 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled,
Ga 4:1 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son

Here is another important statement from the Lord in this context.
Mt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

"Fulfill," "Fullness of time," "Kingdom of God" "repent"

Lu 24:44 And he said unto them, These [are] the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and [in] the prophets, and [in] the psalms, concerning me.

I have read the gospel account of 4 men who were eye witnesses to the earthly ministry of Jesus Christ. They wrote about a king and a kingdom that required the king to come and for the nation to repent for it to be established. The King did everything that the OT prophets said he would do but the Kingdom was not established because the nation did not repent. This is crucial.

Here is the end of his 3.5 years of preaching to Israel.

Mt 11:20 Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:
Mt 11:21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
Mt 12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas [is] here.

Mt 21:32 For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen [it], repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

If a sinner repents they can and will believe, so says Jesus Christ in Mt 21:32.

Jesus Christ will establish his earthly kingdom with Israel being the chief nation, but not until every single one is born again and they will not do that until they repent and believe on him.

Calvinists need to start their gospel of Jesus Christ when the gospel writers starts it. They need to repent and believe. Believing only will not get it done. You cannot separate the nickel.

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Jn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

JDS

I am talking about the beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ and his preaching the gospel of the kingdom to the Jews in Judaea and Jerusalem to whom the promise of the kingdom had been given in the OT prophets. Jesus Christ said he came to fulfill all that was written in the law, the prophets, and the psalms concerning him. Who believes that? Well I believe it. The condition for the Jews to see it happen was to repent of their going their own way, and believe the gospel.

Mark 1:15
And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Now, keep Mk 1:15 in mind here and I am going to give a very profound truth that will really help if you can wrap your mind around it. I will quote some verses later and make my point.

First I will say that Mark did not just report that John the Baptist introduced Jesus Christ as the promised Messiah of Israel, he had another very important prophesy concerning him. Here is the prophecy.

Mark 1:8
I indeed have baptized you (past tense) with water: but he shall baptize you (future tense) with the Holy Ghost.

Since water baptism is a figure for the baptism of the Holy Ghost, I need to ask some questions to provoke thought.

1) How did he baptize this nation in water - Answer - one by one, individually by immersion.
2) Where did he baptize this nation - Answer - Where there was much water, in the Jordan River
3) Was it in a stagnated pool - Answer - No, it was in a continuous stream that never dries up and that continues to flow today, 2000 years later.
4) What about those who would not be baptized by John in water- Answer - They would be baptized later in fire and destroyed

God always, I said always, prefigures the spiritual with the physical. The end to which Jesus came to Israel is pictured in this baptism of John the Baptist.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Jesus said this to a ruler of the Jews. He did not say this to a gentile. Remember, the context of the gospel accounts of Jesus is "the kingdom of God." Why did Jesus say to Nicodemus, as a ruler of the Jews, should have known this? Because the MO of God is to illustrate the spiritual with the physical. He has always done that. It is all through the Law of God. If the teachers did not learn this then they could not teach the spiritual truths of God. Apparently Nicodemus did not learn it. Our Lord further illustrated being born again from Numbers 21 where the looking at the brazen serpent on the pole gives life in the physical and is equated to the believing in the Lord Jesus when he is lifted up on the cross which is the spiritual application of the figure. So, what is the order for Israel?

1) Repent of sins and be baptized in water.
2) Believe in Jesus Christ who will establish the Kingdom of God. IOW's believe in him before he establishes his kingdom.

Let's get the physical which is represented by the Jordan. God provided the water. It was in a river that flowed out of the north. The head waters of the Jordan River was in Caesarea Philippi and flowed into the Dead Sea. It came out of a rock, and so did the Holy Spirit. That rock was Jesus. Just for an interesting fact, this is where Jesus and his disciples was when he announce to Peter that he would build his church upon "THIS Rock" in Matthew 16. It is the source of the water that John baptized Israel with and it is the source of life for the church of Jesus Christ in a spiritual sense.

When John began baptizing the Jews from the land of Judaea and Jerusalem, the king was not present.
When Peter began baptizing the Jews from the land of Judaea and Jerusalem in Acts 2, the King was not present.

The first word from John the Baptist to them was repent
The first word from Peter to them was to repent.

God provided the Holy Ghost from above. The scriptures says he is in the north.
All the nation were to be baptized in the Holy Ghost individually. (Acts 2:38 - Repent and be baptized every one of you.....)
The source of the Spirit was God and the description of his coming is always in abundance.
All who would repent could be baptized.
Those who would not repent and be baptized will be destroyed.

Here is a passage that will confirm what I have said about this baptism.

13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
16 And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.
17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.
18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.
25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.
26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Here is the program from God.

lk 19:11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. (The nobleman is Jesus Christ
13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.
14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.......

.......... 26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Jesus Christ has not returned yet but he soon will. Christians must make the kingdom doctrine as important as God makes it. It is important to know when Jesus preached the gospel of the kingdom, and to whom. I will give more information about it later.