The Bible as translated correctly

organgrinder

The LDS 8th Article of Faith in part says: “We Believe the Bible to Be the Word of God, as Far as It Is Translated Correctly”. Can Mormons here show evidence where it isn't translated correctly. We know Mormons believe the BOM to be the word of God. Will the Joseph Smith Inspired version be used to supply the proof or the Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek New Testament manuscripts?

Smith wouldn't have known a correct translation of the Bible if it bit him on the snoot. But my guess is, where the Bible disagrees with their doctrines, that is where it is supposedly NOT translated correctly. That is what cults do.

Smith wouldn't have known a correct translation of the Bible if it bit him on the snoot. But my guess is, where the Bible disagrees with their doctrines, that is where it is supposedly NOT translated correctly. That is what cults do.
Then they should be able to explain it from the manuscripts and show how the manuscripts were "corrupted".

That's like expecting a 4-year-old to explain Calculus.
Mormons have no clue about the origin of the Bible.
So they don't even understand the question, or the challenge.
Joseph Smith did re-translate the Bible even thou it is an embarrasment to the Mormons

have posted this before
apparently some cannot read
see Dick run
see Jane run
see Spot run
can you run too
Ex.20:2​
I am the Lord thy God,
which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt,
out of the house of bondage.
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.​
.​
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.​
[/INDENT]
.​
Joe and the LDS can be refuted by 1 point Paul makes​
.​
-----:devilish:Tutors and Governors:devilish:-----​
Gal.4:1​
Now I say,​
That the heir, as long as he is a child,​
differeth nothing from a servant,​
though he be lord of all;​
2 But is under tutors and governors​
until the time appointed of the father.​
3 Even so we, when we were children,​
were in bondage under the elements of the world:​
4 But when the fulness of the time was come,​
God sent forth his Son,​
made of a woman,​
made under the law,​
5 To redeem them that were under the law,​
that we might receive the adoption of sons.​
6 And because ye are sons,​
God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts,​
crying, Abba, Father.​
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant,​
but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.​

.​
Do you not know what Paul is saying there ????????​
.​
Matt.20:25​
Jesus called them unto him, and said,
Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles
exercise dominion over them,
and they that are great exercise
authority upon them.
But it shall not be so among you:​

..​
How many times does Christ need to tell you this​
.​
well; maybe you will listen to Paul​
.​
Cast out the bondwoman and her son:
for the son of the bondwoman
shall not be
heir with the son of the freewoman.​

.​
this would also include you Protestants that are​
"Bound" to your Masters also​
.​
Proverbs ch. 6​
My son, if thou be surety for thy friend,​
if thou hast stricken thy hand with a stranger,​
2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth,​
thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.​
3 Do this now, my son, and deliver thyself,​
when thou art come into the hand of thy friend; go,​
humble thyself, and make sure thy friend.​
4 Give not sleep to thine eyes,​
nor slumber to thine eyelids.​
5 Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand of the hunter,​
and as a bird from the hand of the fowler.​
.​
as Paul says​
"​
the son of the bondwoman
shall not be
heir with the son of the freewoman."​
.​

have posted this before
apparently some cannot read
see Dick run
see Jane run
see Spot run
can you run too
Ex.20:2​
I am the Lord thy God,
which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt,
out of the house of bondage.
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.​
.​
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.​
[/INDENT]
.​
Joe and the LDS can be refuted by 1 point Paul makes​
.​
-----:devilish:Tutors and Governors:devilish:-----​
Gal.4:1​
Now I say,​
That the heir, as long as he is a child,​
differeth nothing from a servant,​
though he be lord of all;​
2 But is under tutors and governors​
until the time appointed of the father.​
3 Even so we, when we were children,​
were in bondage under the elements of the world:​
4 But when the fulness of the time was come,​
God sent forth his Son,​
made of a woman,​
made under the law,​
5 To redeem them that were under the law,​
that we might receive the adoption of sons.​
6 And because ye are sons,​
God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts,​
crying, Abba, Father.​
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant,​
but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.​

.​
Do you not know what Paul is saying there ????????​
.​
Matt.20:25​
Jesus called them unto him, and said,
Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles
exercise dominion over them,
and they that are great exercise
authority upon them.
But it shall not be so among you:​

..​
How many times does Christ need to tell you this​
.​
well; maybe you will listen to Paul​
.​
Cast out the bondwoman and her son:
for the son of the bondwoman
shall not be
heir with the son of the freewoman.​

.​
this would also include you Protestants that are​
"Bound" to your Masters also​
.​
Proverbs ch. 6​
My son, if thou be surety for thy friend,​
if thou hast stricken thy hand with a stranger,​
2 Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth,​
thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.​
3 Do this now, my son, and deliver thyself,​
when thou art come into the hand of thy friend; go,​
humble thyself, and make sure thy friend.​
4 Give not sleep to thine eyes,​
nor slumber to thine eyelids.​
5 Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand of the hunter,​
and as a bird from the hand of the fowler.​
.​
as Paul says​
"​
the son of the bondwoman
shall not be
heir with the son of the freewoman."​
.​
Sounds that all humans aren't Children of God, like Ishmael

That is an excellent guess and they've had years to provide a corrected version or a list of the supposed errors. Theo has listed many verses, many times, that contradict their teachings. Are they too lazy, too stubborn, or just incapable of explaining those verses?

If 1 Nephi 14:10 is true, why haven't they shown us the truth of that statement?

Hey friends, this bit about Psalm 82 is just an attempt at trying to change the subject away from Smith's so-called "translation" of the KJV, which doesn't and didn't need "translating." It is written in understandable English, though some of it is a bit archaic now.

Reread Mormon debate "tactics" nos. 1 and 2 in my signature. This is a classic example of those two "tactics."

James Talmage, a Mormon Apostle, said Psalm 82:6 is not about becoming gods.

"In Psalm 82:6, judges invested by divine appointment are called 'gods.' To this scripture the Savior referred in His reply to the Jews in Solomon's Porch. Judges so authorized officiated as the representatives of God and are honored by the exalted title 'gods.' Compare the similar appellation applied to Moses (Exo. 4:16; 7:1). Jesus Christ possessed divine authorization, not through the word of God transmitted to Him by man, but as an inherent attribute. The inconsistency of calling human judges 'gods,' and of ascribing blasphemy to the Christ who called Himself the Son of God, would have been apparent to the Jews but for their sin-darkened minds." (James Talmage, Jesus the Christ, p. 501). --

Mormons like dberrie often quote Psalm 82:6 which Jesus quoted in John 10:30-34 to show that we can become gods. Rather than them believing the truth from a Christian, perhaps they will believe it from their own apostle. You would think continueing revelation would mean something to a Mormon :):):):)
This is just a diversionary tactic, Prophet. Please don't fall for it.

Back to the OP:

Here is Smith's "translation" of John 1:1--

John 1:1 “In the beginning was the gospel preached through the Son. And the gospel was the word, and the word was with the Son, and the Son was with God, and the Word Son was of God.”

In what universe is THIS the CORRECT translation of John 1:1? ONLY in the mind of the lying false prophet, Joseph Smith, Jr. And those gullible enough to believe this translation is "correct."

Hey friends, this bit about Psalm 82 is just an attempt at trying to change the subject away from Smith's so-called "translation" of the KJV, which doesn't and didn't need "translating." It is written in understandable English, though some of it is a bit archaic now.

Reread Mormon debate "tactics" nos. 1 and 2 in my signature. This is a classic example of those two "tactics."
That is correct, Bonnie. He needs to use manuscripts in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek to prove his points. He won't because he can't. So... he diverts onto one of his favorite issues instead of dealing with the actual thread. Simply put, dberrie doesn't understand what translation entails. One word may be translated a few different ways depending on context. He relies upon differing English translations to show the same Hebrew word translated differently. He thinks that proves his point. All it does is divert from the thread at hand.

We do know the LDS use the King James version but that the LDS printing also has footnotes that come from the Joseph Smith Inspired Version, which was completed before Smith died. Mormon Claims Answered Chapter Three . and a perusal through the JST shows what he changed, what he deleted and mostly what he added that has zero support in any manuscript on the planet. However, the LDS are not honest enough to use it publicly or have their missionaries quote it when knocking on doors. The church claims it was never officially approved but we do know Smith finished it per the alleged command from God.

It has been two full weeks and not a single Mormon/LDS church member has bothered to respond to this thread. What's up gentlemen? It's a big deal to claim the Bible isn't translated correctly or is missing plain and precious promises. Smith he gave us a corrected version which he completed. It was co-opted by the Community of Christ and footnotes appear in the LDS version of the King James Bible.

Why are you folks so reticent to embrace this stunning revelation Smith claims he had? You don't use it in your meetings. The missionaries don't use it when trying to convert folks. What is the point of such major revelation if you guys ignore it? And refer to the OP where other specific questions were asked. If this JST is such a big deal, why keep it under wraps. And no, approval by the church leadership isn't an answer. Smith was YOUR prophet. He had the hotline to heaven. Why ignore what your founding prophet has given you "from God"?

Last edited:
Back