The Bible as translated correctly

It has been two full weeks and not a single Mormon/LDS church member has bothered to respond to this thread. What's up gentlemen? It's a big deal to claim the Bible isn't translated correctly or is missing plain and precious promises. Smith he gave us a corrected version which he completed. It was co-opted by the Community of Christ and footnotes appear in the LDS version of the King James Bible.

Why are you folks so reticent to embrace this stunning revelation Smith claims he had? You don't use it in your meetings. The missionaries don't use it when trying to convert folks. What is the point of such major revelation if you guys ignore it? And refer to the OP where other specific questions were asked. If this JST is such a big deal, why keep it under wraps. And no, approval by the church leadership isn't an answer. Smith was YOUR prophet. He had the hotline to heaven. Why ignore what your founding prophet has given you "from God"?

Here's a thread of mine from May 18, no Mormon responses:

Here's a thread I started on April 27, no Mormon responses:

And this one from March 26, no Mormon responses:

This one's from March 9, no Mormon responses:

Here's a thread of mine from May 18, no Mormon responses:

Here's a thread I started on April 27, no Mormon responses:

And this one from March 26, no Mormon responses:

This one's from March 9, no Mormon responses:

No surprises here. When questions go beyond the shallow talking points and FAIR or LDS.org are silent, the adherents of the "restored gospel" go distinctly quiet. This forum should be their home turf to defend what they believe.

The LDS 8th Article of Faith in part says: “We Believe the Bible to Be the Word of God, as Far as It Is Translated Correctly”. Can Mormons here show evidence where it isn't translated correctly. We know Mormons believe the BOM to be the word of God. Will the Joseph Smith Inspired version be used to supply the proof or the Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek New Testament manuscripts?
Yes. A multitude of sources have been posted on "original" manuscripts that support neither the protestant nor Mormon interpretations. I honestly don't think the ink is what preserves God's Word, but rather the Holy Ghost. If one is willing to look at the scientific hard evidence, it's a rather foolish argument IMO

No surprises here. When questions go beyond the shallow talking points and FAIR or LDS.org are silent, the adherents of the "restored gospel" go distinctly quiet. This forum should be their home turf to defend what they believe.
If you, or @Theo1689 want to have it out on the atheist board to attack your faith as you attack mormons'. I'm game. We'll see how vocal you are. Treat others as you want to be treated.

If you, or @Theo1689 want to have it out on the atheist board to attack your faith as you attack mormons'.

Why would you encourage us to break the rules?
The "Athesit board" is for discussing ATHEISM.

Maybe you want to make the argument that Momronism is atheism (and I think. good argument could be made), but Christianity is most certainly NOT atheism, and so I will not break CARM rules by going off-topic in that forum.

I'm game. We'll see how vocal you are.

Hey, we wish to discuss Mormonism.
That's why we're HERE, in the MORMONISM forum, not the "atheism" forum.

But as usual, YOU are the only one "running away".

Treat others as you want to be treated.

Amen!
You don't seem to want to do that, however.
You seem to want to treat us like you DON'T want to be treated yourself.
Why is that, I wonder?

Yes. A multitude of sources have been posted on "original" manuscripts that support neither the protestant nor Mormon interpretations. I honestly don't think the ink is what preserves God's Word, but rather the Holy Ghost. If one is willing to look at the scientific hard evidence, it's a rather foolish argument IMO
The Holy Spirit does the inspiration of the text. What "original" manuscripts are you referring, Aaron? I don't know what is foolish asking for LDS/Mormons to support the JST with textual backing. I don't see any support yet for proving the Bible has been translated incorrectly. You understand, of course, that translating from one language to another can result is some different wording. However, are the underlying texts the same or have they been changed?

Just remember, Smith is your founding prophet and revelator. He's the guy who made wholesale changes to the KJV with zero textual backing. So if personal revelation was the source and there is no backing of any other documentation, what does say about Personal revelation? My answer would be:
1 Thess 5:19-21
Do not quench the Spirit.
20 Do not despise prophecies.
21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.
NKJV
If it doesn't pass the scriptural test, it goes into the refuse pile.

And I take no credence in non-biblical documents.

You got a bit riled up there, my friend. I asked a couple of questions. Two weeks of silent went by. You are the one and only Mormon who has responded and it wasn't about the original questions. If asking questions is viewed as an attack, then I guess I am guilty. However, asking questions of LDS/Mormons here is what this forum is about.

I don't need to venture out to the atheism forum because that would be a total waste of my time. I have better things to do than to deal with folks who can't see that this entire planet and the universe as a whole wasn't made and orchestrated by a divine creator. Much more difficult to believe in a big bang or an evolutionary mishmash of happenstance events in a perfect storm. That is a lot more faith than I have. I checked that site and I see you have not posted there either.

Last edited:
Yes. A multitude of sources have been posted on "original" manuscripts that support neither the protestant nor Mormon interpretations.

One of the more annoying things is that Mormons keep making vague claims that they can never support.

It gets rather tedious after a while...

One of the more annoying things is that Mormons keep making vague claims that they can never support.

It gets rather tedious after a while...
Yes, like your claim that we never answer your questions, when we clearly have, and then you pretend they're not there.

Go ahead Theo, feel free to fact check and dispute this video:
Edit
I'm sure in a week from now you'll say it never got posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, like your claim that we never answer your questions, when we clearly have, and then you pretend they're not there.

Edit
I have skimmed through the video. Looks like you have found a new belief track, Aaron.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edit
👍😂🙏❤️ Secrets that the congregations are not ready for, taught in Christian Seminaries.... chuckle

Edit
Gone already... I watched it, thx for good information on Christian Seminary

Edit

Um. WHAT "video". Aaron? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I have skimmed through the video. Looks like you have found a new belief track, Aaron.
No. It's always been this way. I don't follow a single "track", I embrace all tracks. I thought you would have realized that by now since I have a ying-yang as my avatar.
I embrace ALL truth. I'm simply using the same methods and arguments used against my religion. If you don't like how your religion is being treated, maybe you shouldn't do it to others, eh? Atleast, that's what Jesus says. (Matt 7:12)

No. It's always been this way. I don't follow a single "track", I embrace all tracks. I thought you would have realized that by now since I have a ying-yang as my avatar.
I embrace ALL truth. I'm simply using the same methods and arguments used against my religion. If you don't like how your religion is being treated, maybe you shouldn't do it to others, eh? Atleast, that's what Jesus says. (Matt 7:12)
Jesus said there’s only one way, and that’s thru Him.

The Holy Spirit does the inspiration of the text.
I'm glad we agree.
What "original" manuscripts are you referring, Aaron?
The very texts by which you derive the Bible from.
I don't know what is foolish asking for LDS/Mormons to support the JST with textual backing.
Because, if you study the subject, you'll find, from an authoritative aspect, it's an absolute mess, and a lot of special pleading to justify how ones religious text is the one and only TRUE religious text.
If Jesus is truly your Lord and Master, what measure ye mete, shall be measured to you again. Are you ready to embark on this journey?
I don't see any support yet for proving the Bible has been translated incorrectly.
Which Bible? There are multiple versions.
Remember, people had different ideas of what writings chosen constituted "the Bible" by which you claim Sola Scriptura. Do you agree that omitting certain texts can change the meaning of a book if we are to encompass ALL "scripture"? This is essentially the argument that the Book of Mormon is claiming.
You understand, of course, that translating from one language to another can result is some different wording. However, are the underlying texts the same or have they been changed?
Eh, I'm not so worried about that. That misses the point I'm making.
Just remember, Smith is your founding prophet and revelator.
Wrong. Jesus is MY Prophet, Priest, and King.
Let's keep it objective, on the subject of Mormonism, and not make it personal, eh?
Joseph Smith is Mormonism's founding prophet. Yes.
He's the guy who made wholesale changes to the KJV with zero textual backing.
Which, in Mormonism, he's allowed to do that, because Mormonism isn't limited to Sola Scriptura. Mormonism isn't "Christianity version 3.0", Nor "Judaism version 5.0".
You can't put new wine in old bottles. You need to look at it with a fresh set of eyes.

So if personal revelation was the source and there is no backing of any other documentation, what does say about Personal revelation?
So you're appealing to the authority of documentation. That's fair, and valid, but not necessarily true. And if it IS true, if you want integrity in your reasoning, then you must apply this rule to the ENTIRE Bible, as there are many passages and interpretations that cannot be justified by "documentation".
Another aspect is also, to what time frame do we rationalize the backing? To the time it was written? Fair enough for a given passage. But if we're going to apply a "uni-vocality" (ie. "Giving the Bible itself a single voice") how far back do we go and get all VALID texts that SHOULD BE included and determined as "canon". This is where things become problematic, and Protestants cherry pick and use special pleading to justify their own brand of Christianity. To then, turn around and beat others over the head with it claim that only they are the "true" Christians, using their "documentation" for the justification.
My answer would be:
1 Thess 5:19-21
Do not quench the Spirit.
20 Do not despise prophecies.
21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.
NKJV
Interesting that your justifying scripture uses "the Spirit" and the authoritative source, and not the written word.
So can you point to a JST passage that is "not good" and leads one to "evil"?
If it doesn't pass the scriptural test, it goes into the refuse pile.
That all depends on your point of reference.
Tradition has been baked into you belief system for so long you can't even see it for what it is. Just as Jesus challenged the standards of the Septuagint (ie. Healing on the Sabbath) and was condemned for it, you condemn likewise.
In short, from my perspective, your reasoning "doesn't pass the scriptural test" from MY set of scriptures, and therefore "it goes into the refuse pile".
Now, can you see how subjective, and worthless, these religious debates are? It's like debating "what's the BEST fruit, 'apples' or 'oranges'?"
Meanwhile, none of it glorifies God, but just plays to our ego.
And I take no credence in non-biblical documents.
Right. Your lens is set. You kinda just killed the purpose of this discussion as the outcome is predetermined.
Well, first consider that, by your own standards and reasoning, Jesus was ADDiNG scripture in His day, which challenged the cultural understanding of the scriptures of his day.
If that be true, (which would break your rules of worship,) consider what Jesus called the most knowledgeable of the scriptures of the day - the Scribes and Pharisees
Ergo, I lovingly invite you to repent. (See Isaiah 5:21)
You got a bit riled up there, my friend. I asked a couple of questions. Two weeks of silent went by. You are the one and only Mormon who has responded and it wasn't about the original questions. If asking questions is viewed as an attack, then I guess I am guilty. However, asking questions of LDS/Mormons here is what this forum is about.
Yes, it drives me nuts that people with good hearts have to stoop to such depths. I'd invite you to get out of the mud as I did. There's better ways to fill your time, rather than revile against the revilers.
I don't need to venture out to the atheism forum because that would be a total waste of my time. I have better things to do than to deal with folks who can't see that this entire planet and the universe as a whole wasn't made and orchestrated by a divine creator. Much more difficult to believe in a big bang or an evolutionary mishmash of happenstance events in a perfect storm. That is a lot more faith than I have.
Fair. Likewise, it's a waste of my time to debate someone who has already pre-determined what "the truth" is, and yet invokes faith and mystery when it suits him (ie. Explaining how heaven and earth were literally created in six days), but only cares about getting down to brass tacks when he's attacking others' religion, then criticizes them by being silent. How hypocritical can you be? Goodness!
I checked that site and I see you have not posted there either.
I don't have to. They don't come from that board to attack my religion. They already understand how subjective the religious debate is. They can go outside their own reasoning, and check the validity of it. They're simply skeptical that God exists, which is equally as valid as your religion.
In my experience, they are "the heathens" that admit they are sinners, which are justified before God because they are equally critical about the own beliefs as they are to others.
It's self-ascribed Christians (lumping Mormons into this also), IMO who have a very narrow lens and thr audaciously proclaim THEY are the ONLY true "saved" ones, and everyone MUST conform to them, but arent willing to defend their beliefs in a context they're not comfortable with. Having said that, you should applaud any Mormon that comes into this forum to defend their beliefs, as they seem to have a certain courage you lack.

For the true blue Mormons that don't even approach these forums, you probably think of them as brainwashed cult followers, too afraid to challenge their beliefs. But again, what measure ye mete...

You can embrace what you wish, Aaron. Use what methods you want. I know about your avatar but we just happen to disagree on a number of things spiritual and theological. I am not complaining on how "my religion" (I don't have religion-- I have a relationship) is being treated. Still hope to see you this summer.

Back