The Bible as translated correctly

I'm glad we agree.

The very texts by which you derive the Bible from.

Because, if you study the subject, you'll find, from an authoritative aspect, it's an absolute mess, and a lot of special pleading to justify how ones religious text is the one and only TRUE religious text.
If Jesus is truly your Lord and Master, what measure ye mete, shall be measured to you again. Are you ready to embark on this journey?

Which Bible? There are multiple versions.
Remember, people had different ideas of what writings chosen constituted "the Bible" by which you claim Sola Scriptura. Do you agree that omitting certain texts can change the meaning of a book if we are to encompass ALL "scripture"? This is essentially the argument that the Book of Mormon is claiming.

Eh, I'm not so worried about that. That misses the point I'm making.

Wrong. Jesus is MY Prophet, Priest, and King.
Let's keep it objective, on the subject of Mormonism, and not make it personal, eh?
Joseph Smith is Mormonism's founding prophet. Yes.

Which, in Mormonism, he's allowed to do that, because Mormonism isn't limited to Sola Scriptura. Mormonism isn't "Christianity version 3.0", Nor "Judaism version 5.0".
You can't put new wine in old bottles. You need to look at it with a fresh set of eyes.

So you're appealing to the authority of documentation. That's fair, and valid, but not necessarily true. And if it IS true, if you want integrity in your reasoning, then you must apply this rule to the ENTIRE Bible, as there are many passages and interpretations that cannot be justified by "documentation".
Another aspect is also, to what time frame do we rationalize the backing? To the time it was written? Fair enough for a given passage. But if we're going to apply a "uni-vocality" (ie. "Giving the Bible itself a single voice") how far back do we go and get all VALID texts that SHOULD BE included and determined as "canon". This is where things become problematic, and Protestants cherry pick and use special pleading to justify their own brand of Christianity. To then, turn around and beat others over the head with it claim that only they are the "true" Christians, using their "documentation" for the justification.

Interesting that your justifying scripture uses "the Spirit" and the authoritative source, and not the written word.
So can you point to a JST passage that is "not good" and leads one to "evil"?

That all depends on your point of reference.
Tradition has been baked into you belief system for so long you can't even see it for what it is. Just as Jesus challenged the standards of the Septuagint (ie. Healing on the Sabbath) and was condemned for it, you condemn likewise.
In short, from my perspective, your reasoning "doesn't pass the scriptural test" from MY set of scriptures, and therefore "it goes into the refuse pile".
Now, can you see how subjective, and worthless, these religious debates are? It's like debating "what's the BEST fruit, 'apples' or 'oranges'?"
Meanwhile, none of it glorifies God, but just plays to our ego.

Right. Your lens is set. You kinda just killed the purpose of this discussion as the outcome is predetermined.
Well, first consider that, by your own standards and reasoning, Jesus was ADDiNG scripture in His day, which challenged the cultural understanding of the scriptures of his day.
If that be true, (which would break your rules of worship,) consider what Jesus called the most knowledgeable of the scriptures of the day - the Scribes and Pharisees
Ergo, I lovingly invite you to repent. (See Isaiah 5:21)

Yes, it drives me nuts that people with good hearts have to stoop to such depths. I'd invite you to get out of the mud as I did. There's better ways to fill your time, rather than revile against the revilers.

Fair. Likewise, it's a waste of my time to debate someone who has already pre-determined what "the truth" is, and yet invokes faith and mystery when it suits him (ie. Explaining how heaven and earth were literally created in six days), but only cares about getting down to brass tacks when he's attacking others' religion, then criticizes them by being silent. How hypocritical can you be? Goodness!

I don't have to. They don't come from that board to attack my religion. They already understand how subjective the religious debate is. They can go outside their own reasoning, and check the validity of it. They're simply skeptical that God exists, which is equally as valid as your religion.
In my experience, they are "the heathens" that admit they are sinners, which are justified before God because they are equally critical about the own beliefs as they are to others.
It's self-ascribed Christians (lumping Mormons into this also), IMO who have a very narrow lens and thr audaciously proclaim THEY are the ONLY true "saved" ones, and everyone MUST conform to them, but arent willing to defend their beliefs in a context they're not comfortable with. Having said that, you should applaud any Mormon that comes into this forum to defend their beliefs, as they seem to have a certain courage you lack.

For the true blue Mormons that don't even approach these forums, you probably think of them as brainwashed cult followers, too afraid to challenge their beliefs. But again, what measure ye mete...
I'm not going to do a line-by-line response. I will respond to the bolded section (I assume you meant to write Spirit as the authoritative source). I believe you misread this series of verses. It is the written word we use to test what is said or taught. It is what the Bereans used with Paul and what Jesus used when confronting Satan and others.

I may respond to the JST challenge, but again the 1 Thessalonians 5 verses say test everything and hold fast to that which is good. Conversely, dump that which isn't. Your challenge here: "So can you point to a JST passage that is "not good" and leads one to "evil"?" That can happen. I will try to make some time for that.

No. It's always been this way. I don't follow a single "track", I embrace all tracks. I thought you would have realized that by now since I have a ying-yang as my avatar.
I embrace ALL truth. I'm simply using the same methods and arguments used against my religion. If you don't like how your religion is being treated, maybe you shouldn't do it to others, eh? Atleast, that's what Jesus says. (Matt 7:12)
as you "embrace all tracks", just remember what Jesus said in John 14:6:
John 14:6
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
NKJV

Jesus made it perfectly clear.

"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
NKJV

Yes, HE did...and ALL roads do NOT lead to Him and His Father. In fact, Jesus said the true way is very narrow....but some, alas, choose the broad way...to their eternal destruction.

It was a guide to the Bible... Not allowable on CARM per rules. Section 14. Second option in banned topics. Justifiably so. Found on YouTube.
The Church hides its doctrine... sounds like what we are accused of... chuckle.... how does it feel my christian friends... oh no, there are no secrets, it's all very transparent and open.... yea right!

NKJV

We are saved by his Grace, we also teach that... hmm!

We are saved by his Grace, we also teach that... hmm!
...after all that you do--remember? Then there are all those temple WORKS Mormons must do and do and do some more, IF they wush to be exalted to godhood--supposedly--in the CK after death. That is not by grace, but by WORKS.

The Church hides its doctrine... sounds like what we are accused of... chuckle.... how does it feel my christian friends... oh no, there are no secrets, it's all very transparent and open.... yea right!

You're like the type of person who would go to a motorcycle club, and try to interrupt all the discusssions about motorcycles, and try to force everyone to discuss soccer. And when they point out that you're at a motorcycle club, not a soccer fan club, you go, "Oh, these hateful motorcycle people, always trying to censor discussion about soccer".

Most people with an I.Q. over 30 can see the problem.

Yes, like your claim that we never answer your questions, when we clearly have, and then you pretend they're not there.

Go ahead Theo, feel free to fact check and dispute this video:
Edit
I'm sure in a week from now you'll say it never got posted.
Mike Winger is already dealing with this in his Youtube 10 Questions with Mike Winger (episode 1)

You're like the type of person who would go to a motorcycle club, and try to interrupt all the discusssions about motorcycles, and try to force everyone to discuss soccer. And when they point out that you're at a motorcycle club, not a soccer fan club, you go, "Oh, these hateful motorcycle people, always trying to censor discussion about soccer".

Most people with an I.Q. over 30 can see the problem.
Chuckle, well that tells me what your I.Q. is.... LOL

Isn't that the same as a declaration of faith.... saved after all you can do... it takes action to do that...

But no Mormon has EVER done "all you can do".
You always could have prayed a little longer...
Studied the Scriptures a few minutes more...
Shared your beliefs with 1 or 2 more people...
Been a little more charitable to posters in this forum...
Tithed a little bit more, or given a larger fast offering...

But no Mormon has EVER done "all you can do".
You always could have prayed a little longer...
Studied the Scriptures a few minutes more...
Shared your beliefs with 1 or 2 more people...
Been a little more charitable to posters in this forum...
Tithed a little bit more, or given a larger fast offering...
I did 4 of the above.... I could be more understanding of you wanna be Christian's....

Isn't that the same as a declaration of faith.... saved after all you can do... it takes action to do that...
"This is the work of God: that you believe on Him Whom God has sent."

"Saved after ALL you can do...." HOW do you know when you have done enough? HOW?

But thanks be to Jesus Christ, HE DID ENOUGH. And what He did to save us was and is PERFECT. And when we trust in Him for eternal life, great and free, God gives us HIS righteousness through faith in His Son, for we have NO righteousness of our own to boast about!

"This is the work of God: that you believe on Him Whom God has sent."

"Saved after ALL you can do...." HOW do you know when you have done enough? HOW?

But thanks be to Jesus Christ, HE DID ENOUGH. And what He did to save us was and is PERFECT. And when we trust in Him for eternal life, great and free, God gives us HIS righteousness through faith in His Son, for we have NO righteousness of our own to boast about!
Do you not make a public declaration that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior? publicly?

Huh? What does this have to do with what we are discussing? About grace supposedly kicking in only AFTER all that we can do??
You have to make a public confession of your faith.... am I wrong or can you do it in secret and alone?

Back