The Bible Is The Story Of God And His Plan To Fix The World

JAG

"I am making everything new"__The Lord Jesus Rev.21:5

Nothing on this earth has the power to defeat the finished work of the
Lord Jesus. "It is finished" said Jesus while on The Cross. Here are
the most powerful finished events in all of human history. No power
n the Universe can defeat these:

{1} The Cross -- the power of reconciliation, forgiveness, and restoration -- "being
justified by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1

{2} The Resurrection -- the power of that Empty Tomb. He lives. He is alive.
He has conquered Death for us -- we now have eternal life.

{3} The Ascension -- the power of "I go to my Father" , , , "all authority in
Heaven and on earth has been give to me" Matthew 28:18

{4} The Exaltation -- the power of being now seated at the right hand of the
Almighty Sovereign God

The Bible is the true story of God and His Plan to set the world right again.

Yes , , ,
The Bible tells the true story of how God will Christianize the world and
successfully carry out His Son's Great Commission -- to go and make disciples
of all nations -- commanded at the very end of Matthew's gospel.

God is going to fix the world. The world is now broken -- but God is going to
fix it. Hope lives. Love conquers. Victory. The Cross wins the war for the world.
Evil is defeated. The Good wins. The world will be Christianized before the Lord
Jesus returns. The yeast of the gospel will make disciples of all the nations through
the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit who uses the plain simple gospel message
to regenerate the hearts of men and to enable them to believe in Jesus as their
Savior and then to understand the Bible, as the Holy Spirit begins the process
of creating the fruits of the Holy Spirit in their lives , , ,

Step one is John 3:3 -- you must be born again {regenerated}
Step two is John 3:16 -- you must believe in Jesus as your Savior
Step three is Galatians 5:22-23 -- you must allow the Holy Spirit
o produce these 8 qualities within your heart , , ,

Love
Joy
Forbearance
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness
Self-control

The Holy Spirit produces these 8 qualities in the hearts of humans.
This process is what finally fixes the world.

"I am making everything new"__The Lord Jesus

"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling
place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be
his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will
wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning
or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Rev. 21:3-4

JAG

Arch Stanton

"I am making everything new"__The Lord Jesus Rev.21:5

Nothing on this earth has the power to defeat the finished work of the Lord Jesus. "It is finished" said Jesus while on The Cross.

JAG
I think 'It is finished' means Christ had left unfinished the Passover liturgy in the upper room by not drinking the fourth cup.

JAG

I think 'It is finished' means Christ had left unfinished the Passover liturgy in the upper room by not drinking the fourth cup.
What was/is the fourth cup?
Also if there was/is a fourth cup, then there are cups 1 2,and 3.
What was/is the first cup?
What was/is the second cup?
What was/is the third cup?

I'm seriously asking.

JAG

Arch Stanton

What was/is the fourth cup?
Also if there was/is a fourth cup, then there are cups 1 2,and 3.
What was/is the first cup?
What was/is the second cup?
What was/is the third cup?

I'm seriously asking.

JAG
Greetings JAG!

“It is finished” [Jn 19:30] could not mean everything is accomplished [yet]. Paul teaches that our redemption is not complete without Christ being "raised for our justification" [Rom. 4:25]. 1 Cor 15:17 says ‘and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is vain; you are still in your sins.’

Exodus 6:6-7 Therefore, say to the Israelites: ‘I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.

The Passover meal had four parts. The festival blessing (kiddush) spoken over the first cup of wine, followed by the serving of a dish of herbs. The second course included a recital of the Passover narrative and the "Little Hallel" [Psalm 113], followed by the drinking of the second cup of wine. The third course was the main meal, consisting of lamb and unleavened bread, after which was drunk the third cup of wine, known as the "cup of blessing." [Eucharistic cup 1 Cor. 10:16]. The Passover climaxed with the singing of the "Great Hallel" [Psalms 114-118] and the drinking of the fourth cup of wine. "And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives" [Mark 14:26]. Jewish readers and students of the Seder would have noticed Christ skipping the fourth cup [compared to a priest omitting the words of consecration at Mass].

"Truly, I say to you, I shall not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the Kingdom of God" [Mark 14:25]. Christ did not finish the Seder Meal. Then comes Christ’s prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane. "And going a little farther, he fell on his face and prayed, 'My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but thou wilt'" [Matt. 26:39]. Three times Christ prayed for his Father to take away "this cup." What cup? Christ will not drink from "the fruit of the vine" reappears right before he is crucified: "And they offered him wine mingled with myrrh; but he did not take it" [Mark 15:23].

Something that was now ‘finished’ ‘to fulfill the Scriptures’ comes next. With Christ being thirsty "A bowl of sour wine stood there; so they put a sponge full of the vinegar on hyssop and held it to his mouth" [Jn. 19:29]. Only John noticed that hyssop was used, the branch prescribed in the Passover law for sprinkling the blood of the lamb - [Ex.12:22] “Take a bunch of hyssop, dip it into the blood in the basin and put some of the blood on the top and on both sides of the doorframe. None of you shall go out of the door of your house until morning.”

Christ had left unfinished the Passover liturgy in the upper room by not drinking the fourth cup. He stated his intention not to drink wine again until he came into the glory of his Kingdom. He refused some right before being nailed to the cross [Mark 15:23]. Then, at the very end, Christ was offered "sour wine" [John 19:30; Matt.27:48; Mark 15:36; Luke 23:36]. Only John says: "When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, 'It is finished'; and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit" [Jn 19:30].

Christ’s transformation of the Passover sacrifice of the Old Covenant into the Eucharistic sacrifice of the New Covenant. His Eucharistic sacrifice as the Passover lamb of the New Covenant was not finished until Calvary. In sum, Calvary begins with the Eucharist and the Eucharist ends with Calvary.

Blessings!

[Dr. Scott Hahn wrote 'The Hunt for the Fourth Cup']

JAG

Greetings JAG!

“It is finished” [Jn 19:30] could not mean everything is accomplished [yet]. Paul teaches that our redemption is not complete without Christ being "raised for our justification" [Rom. 4:25]. 1 Cor 15:17 says ‘and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is vain; you are still in your sins.’

Exodus 6:6-7 Therefore, say to the Israelites: ‘I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.

The Passover meal had four parts. The festival blessing (kiddush) spoken over the first cup of wine, followed by the serving of a dish of herbs. The second course included a recital of the Passover narrative and the "Little Hallel" [Psalm 113], followed by the drinking of the second cup of wine. The third course was the main meal, consisting of lamb and unleavened bread, after which was drunk the third cup of wine, known as the "cup of blessing." [Eucharistic cup 1 Cor. 10:16]. The Passover climaxed with the singing of the "Great Hallel" [Psalms 114-118] and the drinking of the fourth cup of wine. "And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives" [Mark 14:26]. Jewish readers and students of the Seder would have noticed Christ skipping the fourth cup [compared to a priest omitting the words of consecration at Mass].

"Truly, I say to you, I shall not drink again of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the Kingdom of God" [Mark 14:25]. Christ did not finish the Seder Meal. Then comes Christ’s prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane. "And going a little farther, he fell on his face and prayed, 'My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but thou wilt'" [Matt. 26:39]. Three times Christ prayed for his Father to take away "this cup." What cup? Christ will not drink from "the fruit of the vine" reappears right before he is crucified: "And they offered him wine mingled with myrrh; but he did not take it" [Mark 15:23].

Something that was now ‘finished’ ‘to fulfill the Scriptures’ comes next. With Christ being thirsty "A bowl of sour wine stood there; so they put a sponge full of the vinegar on hyssop and held it to his mouth" [Jn. 19:29]. Only John noticed that hyssop was used, the branch prescribed in the Passover law for sprinkling the blood of the lamb - [Ex.12:22] “Take a bunch of hyssop, dip it into the blood in the basin and put some of the blood on the top and on both sides of the doorframe. None of you shall go out of the door of your house until morning.”

Christ had left unfinished the Passover liturgy in the upper room by not drinking the fourth cup. He stated his intention not to drink wine again until he came into the glory of his Kingdom. He refused some right before being nailed to the cross [Mark 15:23]. Then, at the very end, Christ was offered "sour wine" [John 19:30; Matt.27:48; Mark 15:36; Luke 23:36]. Only John says: "When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, 'It is finished'; and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit" [Jn 19:30].

Christ’s transformation of the Passover sacrifice of the Old Covenant into the Eucharistic sacrifice of the New Covenant. His Eucharistic sacrifice as the Passover lamb of the New Covenant was not finished until Calvary. In sum, Calvary begins with the Eucharist and the Eucharist ends with Calvary.

Blessings!

[Dr. Scott Hahn wrote 'The Hunt for the Fourth Cup']

Arch, I thank you very much for taking the time to answer my
questions. I read every word of what you wrote and found it a
blessing indeed. I do not know that we can demonstrate with
substantial evidence that the Passover Meal that the Lord Jesus
and His Apostles ate together had 4 parts , , , I mean THAT particular
meal -- -- but I have no problem with assuming that it may have
had 4 parts. And I have no problem with you believing that you know
for a fact that it had 4 parts. I love the conclusions you drew from the
4 parts narrative.

Best.

JAG

``

Arch Stanton

Arch, I thank you very much for taking the time to answer my
questions. I read every word of what you wrote and found it a
blessing indeed. I do not know that we can demonstrate with
substantial evidence that the Passover Meal that the Lord Jesus
and His Apostles ate together had 4 parts , , , I mean THAT particular
meal -- -- but I have no problem with assuming that it may have
had 4 parts. And I have no problem with you believing that you know
for a fact that it had 4 parts. I love the conclusions you drew from the
4 parts narrative.

Best.

JAG

``
Thank you for your kind words JAG, it is quite refreshing on internet boards! Hope it made sense [short version]... the audio on post #4 is much more detailed.

Have a blessed day!
Arch

Reactions: JAG

JAG

Thank you for your kind words JAG, it is quite refreshing on internet boards! Hope it made sense [short version]... the audio on post #4 is much more detailed.

Have a blessed day!
Arch

Question for you Arch:
Do you think of yourself primarily as a Catholic or
primarily as a Christian?
21st century Christendom is bogged down in endless
inter-denominational bickering and squabbling over
everything from A to Z.
I decided some time ago that I am determined, for
the most part, to rise above it. There is a HUGE
ENORMOUS area of truths that Christians agree on
and we can build up worldwide Christendom based
on THAT foundation and by-pass the endless bickering
and squabbling over everything from A to Z.

Best.

JAG

``

Arch Stanton

Question for you Arch:
Do you think of yourself primarily as a Catholic or
primarily as a Christian?
21st century Christendom is bogged down in endless
inter-denominational bickering and squabbling over
everything from A to Z.
I decided some time ago that I am determined, for
the most part, to rise above it. There is a HUGE
ENORMOUS area of truths that Christians agree on
and we can build up worldwide Christendom based
on THAT foundation and by-pass the endless bickering
and squabbling over everything from A to Z.

Best.

JAG

``
A follower of Christ would be my answer.... needing His wisdom, patience, and love daily. Wishing all Christians were united!