The biblical flood: abortion of "convenience"

romishpopishorganist

Except the flood was because the people had become so sinful. Christians dont approve of the flood we just note the sin. So since we see abortion as sinful we have every right to criticise it. Seems you want to silence us
I have already explained all this to the abortion supporters.

You know the old saying about "In one ear and out the other?" Well----the abortion supporters do not seem to care about things like context or facts. They likely just read what some New Atheist somewhere said or Bill Mahr and parrot it, thinking that in doing so, that makes them intelligent.

Eightcrackers

Fine. We are hypocrites.

And that--proves that abortion is morally justifiable---how?
Again, I never said it did.
Indeed, I see no way to prove that it is - or is not - morally justifiable; justification is in the eye of the beholder, and nowhere else, IMO.

Thank you for conceding to your hypocrisy, though.

shnarkle

The point is not to prove that abortion is morally justifiable, but to point out that Christians that do not take Yahweh to task for the Flood, while holding that abortion is immoral, are hypocrites.
Those who justify abortion are the hypocrites due to the fact that for this argument to be true, you're claiming that the unborn fetus is "continually evil". Otherwise, you're comparing apples to oranges.

Please be so kind as to elaborate on why it is immoral to exterminate that which is "continually evil"(Genesis 6:5).

romishpopishorganist

Again, I never said it did.
Indeed, I see no way to prove that it is - or is not - morally justifiable; justification is in the eye of the beholder, and nowhere else, IMO.

Thank you for conceding to your hypocrisy, though.
I do not concede hypocrisy. I did that only for the sake of argument. In other words I conceded the point only to show you that it proves absolutely nothing.

It is like the abortion supporters who make the following ridiculous assertion: "Well, like, you know, like, um, you pro-lifers only care about the child until it is born. Once the child is born--you don't care..."

Okay, so what? What does that have to do with abortion? That is like saying "Well, like, you know, like, um, you abolitionists only care about the slaves when they are slaves. Once they are set free, you don't care about them..." Okay, so what? What does that have to do with slavery?

Electric Skeptic