The birds came and devoured them.

Sethproton

First Seth, we can’t make a doctrine off a parable. The seed (gospel) is the word of God, it has power. When people hear the good news, they react in many different ways.

I have been asked by free willers, why would the devil take the gospel away from those on the wayside if they aren’t going to believe anyway?
That question is rooted in error.
The only way that question would have any true meaning is if I (Reformed believers) believed those on the path were reprobate. I assume, to ask that question they must assume that’s what we believe. But I can only speak for myself here.

I believe if we look at that parable and break it into sections (heart conditions) were looking at it all wrong, we don’t have the ability to divide people up, as these are regenerate, these are reprobate, etc… ext…
Jesus brings this out as He continues with the parable of the “Tares among the Wheat.”
So I believe we can have a wrong way of looking at the parables. Becides didn’t Jesus himself say he speaks in parables to confuse? Matt 13:13-14

With these I’m mind, the gospel goes out into the world where we will have tares mixed with the wheat. We don’t know what God is doing, who He is regenerating or not.
We can see the effects as John 3:7-8 states. We also know there will be many who will hear the words, “depart from Me for I never knew you!”
There is a mystery here.
Picture all men together throughout the world, tares among the wheat, the devil takes the seed from where he is allowed (he’s God’s devil) and we do not know what God is doing with those among the path.
this post is confusing. what exactly do you learn from this parable? can you state it in a few sentences?

Carbon

this post is confusing. what exactly do you learn from this parable? can you state it in a few sentences?
I was just explaining how I understand the parables. I though it was easy to understand, but sometimes I can’t always explain how I understand.
But it don’t matter unless a point arises which relates.