The Bodily Resurrection & Ascension of Jesus

shnarkle

For the sake of any visitors to this forum I'd like to give this thread a bump up. I believe it's a very important topic and would like to see some fresh discussion on it.
The death and resurrection of Christ is an illustration of the gospel message. Christ begins his ministry with "deny yourself" meaning one must deny the self itself. This is the root of humanity's problem.

When Adam entertains this idea that he would like to be just like God knowing good and evil, he has already separated himself conceptually from God. In his mind, he believes that he is somehow separate from God, and that God is now no longer able to see what is going on. He thinks he can hide from God because he no longer identifies with God. It's the first recorded case of identity politics, and God humors Adam by pointing out that when he does this, he will die because he no longer identifies with the life within him, but with the dirt that houses the breath of life.

Jesus points out that whatever you do to anyone, you do to him. These sundry ideas we all have of ourselves aren't real. Any halfway decent textbook on early childhood development will affirm this fact. Paul and Christ point out this fact repeatedly by saying things like "apart from me, you can do nothing", or "not me, but Christ in me" etc.

So when the women approach the tomb, and see Christ, messengers, or gardeners, these are all depicting the same thing from different perspectives. They are receiving the gospel message so one gospel writer complies with this fact by depicting angels (a word which literally means "messenger").

Another gospel writer simply presents Christ himself, but notes that these women cannot touch him, at least not literally because the reality is that though it is ultimately Christ, it is also just some gardeners who have stated some aspect of the gospel that jars their reality.

The two on their way to Emmaus likewise suddenly "see" Christ while they're sharing a meal with a complete stranger. Then when they're all locked up in a room, suddenly they all begin to see Christ "in the flesh" which is to say that they suddenly begin to see Christ in each other.

Physical bodies do not suddenly appear and disappear, but these revelations do, and the gospel writers are depicting this fact with these references. The fact that only they see the risen Christ is more than enough proof that the resurrection isn't depicting the revival of a corpse, but the existential reality of Christ alive in his newest creation; the children of God.

Gary Mac

The death and resurrection of Christ is an illustration of the gospel message. Christ begins his ministry with "deny yourself" meaning one must deny the self itself. This is the root of humanity's problem.

When Adam entertains this idea that he would like to be just like God knowing good and evil, he has already separated himself conceptually from God. In his mind, he believes that he is somehow separate from God, and that God is now no longer able to see what is going on. He thinks he can hide from God because he no longer identifies with God. It's the first recorded case of identity politics, and God humors Adam by pointing out that when he does this, he will die because he no longer identifies with the life within him, but with the dirt that houses the breath of life.
Actually he didn't know God or His ways at all until that knowledge was opened to him and he became like Him. Same thing happened in Abraham, Moses, and especially Jesus, he didn't know God or His heaven either until God came to that man by His Spirit and opens up all of who He is to that man. Matt 3:16.

No one can know God without that same Spirit who is the only One who can open ups His ways to you. He opens it up to 120 as well, and all today who has received Him that He is MANIFEST in you.
Jesus points out that whatever you do to anyone, you do to him. These sundry ideas we all have of ourselves aren't real. Any halfway decent textbook on early childhood development will affirm this fact. Paul and Christ point out this fact repeatedly by saying things like "apart from me, you can do nothing", or "not me, but Christ in me" etc.
It is better for me to follow Jesus than it is to follow Paul in his own beliefs for a god. Paul was like most religious folk and makes his own ideas about God and Jesus.
So when the women approach the tomb, and see Christ, messengers, or gardeners, these are all depicting the same thing from different perspectives. They are receiving the gospel message so one gospel writer complies with this fact by depicting angels (a word which literally means "messenger").

Another gospel writer simply presents Christ himself, but notes that these women cannot touch him, at least not literally because the reality is that though it is ultimately Christ, it is also just some gardeners who have stated some aspect of the gospel that jars their reality.

The two on their way to Emmaus likewise suddenly "see" Christ while they're sharing a meal with a complete stranger. Then when they're all locked up in a room, suddenly they all begin to see Christ "in the flesh" which is to say that they suddenly begin to see Christ in each other.

Physical bodies do not suddenly appear and disappear, but these revelations do, and the gospel writers are depicting this fact with these references. The fact that only they see the risen Christ is more than enough proof that the resurrection isn't depicting the revival of a corpse, but the existential reality of Christ alive in his newest creation; the children of God.
God never changes. He is the same in Adam that he became like Him as Abraham, Moses Jesus 120 and all today who has received from Him to be born of God, born again, is like Him.

rod.ney

I know this is against your religion but God sent Jesus that I may follow him to his Father Who is God. And I did. He really is teacher of the way to Him, you just do not believe Jesus that He did.
FYI Gary it is scripture ( God's inspired say so ) that is against your self Twisted ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) religion! You WRONGFULLY say that the Real Jesus Christ is just a man and not God also, when God's say so in John 1:1-18 & 8:58 and Hebrews 1:6+8 all shows us that He is both God and man and is Worshiped! Case closed!

rod.ney

Same Spirit of God who came to Jesus and opened all of His heaven to him is the same one who comes to all who will receive Him.

The reason that you do not know God and worship a man as a god instead has not received from God that what Jesus did in Matt 3:16.

You cant relate to that what is foreign to your understanding.

And you still haven't answered -- What if God really did send Jesus to show you His way to be like Him?
Cant answer that can you for if you did it would convict you of sin wouldn't it?
I already Correctly answered that " what If " of yours several times now on record on CARM! And BTW it was God the Holy Spirit ( Not God the Father ) that came ( as a Dove ) to God the Son ( Jesus Christ ) at His Baptism! Case closed on Gary's Twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) that Jesus Christ is just a man and not God also ( who is Worshiped ) as John 1:1-18 & 8:58 and Heb.1:6+8 CLEARLY tells us so AS IS before Gary adds his Twist ( man's word ) to them!

Gary Mac

FYI Gary it is scripture ( God's inspired say so ) that is against your self Twisted ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) religion! You WRONGFULLY say that the Real Jesus Christ is just a man and not God also, when God's say so in John 1:1-18 & 8:58 and Hebrews 1:6+8 all shows us that He is both God and man and is Worshiped! Case closed!
If you refuse God sent Jesus to show you the way to God, then so be it. It is you who is without not I.

Gary Mac

I already Correctly answered that " what If " of yours several times now on record on CARM! And BTW it was God the Holy Spirit ( Not God the Father ) that came ( as a Dove ) to God the Son ( Jesus Christ ) at His Baptism! Case closed on Gary's Twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) that Jesus Christ is just a man and not God also ( who is Worshiped ) as John 1:1-18 & 8:58 and Heb.1:6+8 CLEARLY tells us so AS IS before Gary adds his Twist ( man's word ) to them!
Yo answered by your edit of them is all.

rod.ney

If you refuse God sent Jesus to show you the way to God, then so be it. It is you who is without not I.
I never said that Gary! But I did correctly state from AS IS scriptures that The REAL Jesus Christ that God the Father sent to show ALL the way to the Father is in Fact God the Former WORD of John 1:1 who BECAME FLESH as Jesus Christ ( God in the Flesh ) in John 1:14! Case closed!

rod.ney

Yo answered by your edit of them is all.
No Edit at all in all those AS IS posted scriptures that CLEARLY refutes your edited view ( 2 Peter 3:16 - you Wrongfully saying He is just a man and not God also ) of them! The Word " Was God " and was " with God " in John 1:1! The He became FLESH as Jesus Christ in verse 14!

Gary Mac

I never said that Gary! But I did correctly state from AS IS scriptures that The REAL Jesus Christ that God the Father sent to show ALL the way to the Father is in Fact God the Former WORD of John 1:1 who BECAME FLESH as Jesus Christ ( God in the Flesh ) in John 1:14! Case closed!
You correctly posted your own understandings and opinions about it.

Gary Mac

No Edit at all in all those AS IS posted scriptures that CLEARLY refutes your edited view ( 2 Peter 3:16 - you Wrongfully saying He is just a man and not God also ) of them! The Word " Was God " and was " with God " in John 1:1! The He became FLESH as Jesus Christ in verse 14!
Oh absolutely you edited it to suit your religious laws to govern your gods.

Yes -- The He Who is a Spirit Who came to Jesus and spend up who He is to that man comes to all flesh the same who will receive Him. You are not His flesh and in His same image are you according to your own understanding that clearly is not His understanding for flesh.

The difference in you and Jesus is he obeyed and received and so do all obey to receive Him as our own disposition as Jesus did. You can't know God at all without it. All that you know about a god is what you have been taught by religious minds that does not come from God Himself.

rod.ney

Oh absolutely you edited it to suit your religious laws to govern your gods.

Yes -- The He Who is a Spirit Who came to Jesus and spend up who He is to that man comes to all flesh the same who will receive Him. You are not His flesh and in His same image are you according to your own understanding that clearly is not His understanding for flesh.

The difference in you and Jesus is he obeyed and received and so do all obey to receive Him as our own disposition as Jesus did. You can't know God at all without it. All that you know about a god is what you have been taught by religious minds that does not come from God Himself.
Where's the edit in " the WORD was God " and " Was with God " in John 1:1 Gary?!!! There is none, but you have an edit of that scripture when you WRONGFULLY say that " ONLY the Father is God "! That edit of yours would make that scripture tell us a LIE that the WORD was also God as is correctly states " The WORD was God "! It does not say " the Father or Holy Spirit was God " because those two were not the one that changed or became FLESH ( God in the flesh ) in John 1:14! It was ONLY God the WORD who " was with God " ( the Father & Holy Spirit ) in verse one that BECAME ( the Change Gary ) " Flesh " as Jesus Christ in verse 14! All fulness of the God Head ( Trinity ) dwells Bodily in God the WORD's ( Jesus ) Body! All born again saved peoples bodies are NOT God in the Flesh because it is their ( the saved peoples ) flesh and not God's Flesh! God's Only Flesh is that of God the Word's ( Jesus Christ )! Case Closed!

Gary Mac

Where's the edit in " the WORD was God " and " Was with God " in John 1:1 Gary?!!!
That you are not His word made flesh and He is not with you to have His word in you as it states.
There is none, but you have an edit of that scripture when you WRONGFULLY say that " ONLY the Father is God "!
Naa -- your religious laws will not allow you to be His living word. He ion you and you I nHim as one as Jesus was one in Him.
That edit of yours would make that scripture tell us a LIE that the WORD was also God as is correctly states " The WORD was God "! It does not say " the Father or Holy Spirit was God "
The very One that you reject to be His living word.
because those two were not the one that changed or became FLESH ( God in the flesh ) in John 1:14! It was ONLY God the WORD who " was with God " ( the Father & Holy Spirit ) in verse one that BECAME ( the Change Gary ) " Flesh " as Jesus Christ in verse 14!
That is what I have been trying to convey to you. He is not in you to be His temple, His flesh, the place God resides. You just haven't figured out yet that Gos is a Spirit and man is the temple of Him is all.
All fulness of the God Head ( Trinity ) dwells Bodily in God the WORD's ( Jesus ) Body!
And in all who has received from Him the same as Jesus did as He demands of you.
All born again saved peoples bodies are NOT God in the Flesh because it is their ( the saved peoples ) flesh and not God's Flesh!
That is exactly why God is not in your flesh, you serve a different God from the One Jesus served and obeyed. You should at least take a look at how Jesus was His son.
God's Only Flesh is that of God the Word's ( Jesus Christ )! Case Closed!
Yes and either you have the same in you who was in Christ Jesus or you don't, and obviously you don't!

rod.ney

That you are not His word made flesh and He is not with you to have His word in you as it states.
FYI Gary there is NO Edit in " the Word was God " and " was with God " in John 1:1! Thus I deleted all the rest of your response that was BASED up that Lie that there is an EDIT in that AS IS scripture that I posted - Case Closed!

Gary Mac

FYI Gary there is NO Edit in " the Word was God " and " was with God " in John 1:1! Thus I deleted all the rest of your response that was BASED up that Lie that there is an EDIT in that AS IS scripture that I posted - Case Closed!
Not edited for you who has edited it and made it to suit your own mind.