The Bodily Resurrection & Ascension of Jesus

Sure you edited it. You are not His begotten, born of God, just as you say. Your edit is that it is impossible for you to have from God His Spirit in you,. His word in you. You are exempt from having God as your own mind. Read your own replies and see.
No Gary, It CLEARLY says AS IS that He ( Not you or Me or any other human ) is " the ONLY begotten God "! It does NO say your edit ( Born of God )! Thus AS IS, it CLEARLY refutes your say so that Jesus is just a man because He is the ONLY begotten God in the NAS that you use! Case closed!

No Gary, It CLEARLY says AS IS that He ( Not you or Me or any other human ) is " the ONLY begotten God "! It does NO say your edit ( Born of God )! Thus AS IS, it CLEARLY refutes your say so that Jesus is just a man because He is the ONLY begotten God in the NAS that you use! Case closed!
Jesus was as all of us who has received from God His light just as Jesus did from Him in Matt 3:16. You just don’t walk in His same light as Jesus did to have His same mind Spirit, and Void of receiving from God that what he received from Him.

I’ll ask you again. Who told you that God didn’t send Jesus to show you the way? Whoever it is you are listening to the wrong ones.

Gary, you are trying to pull your usual unsupported comments.
I know that to have the mind of Christ, and to walk as He walks in it, and be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, have the same signs follow you, and be on in the Father as Jesus was one in Him, and when you see Him as He is ye shall be like Him is unsupported to your religion. I really do understand that the things of Christ is unsupported for you.
You said. "Sure you edited it,"now, show where he edited it.
He worships a man as a god instead of having the same One Jesus had as He demands of us all.
He did not say he was begotten of God. You were not begotten of God either. Begotten means, 'come forth from.'
That is that I have been saying, it means to be born of. He is not born of and obviously your not either. For His way is blaspheme for you guys.
John 3:16 shows that Gods Son was the only begotten Son of God. Why is it any more impossible for Rodney to have Gods
Spirit than you? Now you show where his edit shows that.
Everyone can have Gods Spirit that is what makes us like Him, that is what made Jesus like Him. see Matt 3:16, this is when Jesus became like Him and we are the very same no different from the same at all.

But to your religion, that isn't possible.
Don't tell him to read his own replies, you go back and show where you can prove he was wrong, with scripture .
Oh he sure investigate his own words and compare them with who Jesus said you should be in the Father and walk as He walks.
It's time you prove all the accusations you accuse others of doing.
It isn't up tp me to prove anything just as it wasn't up to Jesus to prove anything. All that Jesus could do and all that I can do is be that witness for what it is to be of God and have His same mind.

Prove to yourself. Do you walk as He walks?
Do you have His same mind and perfect even as He is perfect?
Have you seen Him as He is to be like Him, 1 John 3?
Are you a sinner or are you of Christ who is without sin, cannot sin because you are born of God, 1 John 3:9?

and that list goes on.
You misinterpret scripture and sware that others cannot read and understand scripture as well as you.
How can I misinterpret when He is in me and I in Him are one, John 17?
I have shown where you have done just that and instead of showing proof, you simply say I don't know what
I'm talking about.
You have shown me you are not of the Father as Jesus was for sure.
Now bring your proof of what you said about Rodney and his editing.!

TonyGee11.
Just did!

Jesus was as all of us who has received from God His light just as Jesus did from Him in Matt 3:16. You just don’t walk in His same light as Jesus did to have His same mind Spirit, and Void of receiving from God that what he received from Him.

I’ll ask you again. Who told you that God didn’t send Jesus to show you the way? Whoever it is you are listening to the wrong ones.
FYI again Gary, the NAS that you use calls the Son ( Jesus Christ ) " the ONLY begotten God "! Yes God the Father sent God the Word of of John 1:1 ( who was with Him ) to become " Flesh " ( God-Man ) as His Only begotten SON ( John 1:14+18 & 3:16+18 )! Thus since He ( Jesus Christ ) is the ONLY BEGOTTEN of God, then you ( Gary ) are NOT a begotten Son of God ( who is God like His Son Jesus is )! You can ONLY be an ADOPTED son and that is only if you accept the ONLY Begotten God/Son ( Jesus Christ ) as your Lord & Savior! Case 100% Closed on Gary's say so ( Man's word - 2 Peter 3:16 ) that the REAL Jesus is just a man and not God ( the former Word of John 1:1 ) also! All these AS IS posted scriptures ( GOD's inspired Word to us ) clearly rebukes that Twisted say so of yours ( man's word that Jesus is not also God ) as per 2 Tim.3:16!

May I enquire why you guys believe that God didn't send Jesus to show you the way to His Spirit be in you that you would make the one He sent a god instead? Who told you that, and that His way for you is incorrect anyway? It sure wasn't scripture nor Jesus.
Not one of us EVER said that God the Father did NOT send God the the former Word of John 1:1 to become FLESH as Jesus Christ in John 1:14, to show us the way! He ( the REAL Jesus Christ - God-Man as per John 1:1+14 & Heb.1:8 ) is the ONLY way to the Father as per His say so in John 14:6! Thus Gary's say so ( man's word that the REAL Jesus Christ is just a man and NOT God the former Word of John 1:1 also ) remains 100% rebuked as per 2 Tim.3:16!

FYI again Gary, the NAS that you use calls the Son ( Jesus Christ ) " the ONLY begotten God "! Yes God the Father sent God the Word of of John 1:1 ( who was with Him ) to become " Flesh " ( God-Man ) as His Only begotten SON ( John 1:14+18 & 3:16+18 )! Thus since He ( Jesus Christ ) is the ONLY BEGOTTEN of God, then you ( Gary ) are NOT a begotten Son of God ( who is God like His Son Jesus is )! You can ONLY be an ADOPTED son and that is only if you accept the ONLY Begotten God/Son ( Jesus Christ ) as your Lord & Savior! Case 100% Closed on Gary's say so ( Man's word - 2 Peter 3:16 ) that the REAL Jesus is just a man and not God ( the former Word of John 1:1 ) also! All these AS IS posted scriptures ( GOD's inspired Word to us ) clearly rebukes that Twisted say so of yours ( man's word that Jesus is not also God ) as per 2 Tim.3:16!
Who would you say it was that called Jesus His son?
Who would you say it was Jesus called Father?
Who would you say it was that Jesus prayed to?
Who would you say it was who came to Jesus and opens up who He is to Jesus in Matt3:16?
Who would you say it was that Jesus said sent Him to show you His way?
You don’t know who that was that is very obvious.

P
Not one of us EVER said that God the Father did NOT send God the the former Word of John 1:1 to become FLESH as Jesus Christ in John 1:14, to show us the way! He ( the REAL Jesus Christ - God-Man as per John 1:1+14 & Heb.1:8 ) is the ONLY way to the Father as per His say so in John 14:6! Thus Gary's say so ( man's word that the REAL Jesus Christ is just a man and NOT God the former Word of John 1:1 also ) remains 100% rebuked as per 2 Tim.3:16!
if God sent Jesus to show you His way to be as the one that He sent. What happened that you can’t follow His way and be that person of Christ yourself as God demands of you if you are to be His living word as John 1 states ? Your religion will not let you be His living word. You can’t relate to John 1 because you have a different religion from that what Jesus had in the Father God. His word is not become flesh and living in you. Your word is only on a page of paper that you are only guessing the meaning from lack in God Himself being you mind that you may walk as He walks in it. His way is impossible for you just as you state over and over it was for Jesus only.

P

if God sent Jesus to show you His way to be as the one that He sent. What happened that you can’t follow His way and be that person of Christ yourself as God demands of you if you are to be His living word as John 1 states ? Your religion will not let you be His living word. You can’t relate to John 1 because you have a different religion from that what Jesus had in the Father God. His word is not become flesh and living in you. Your word is only on a page of paper that you are only guessing the meaning from lack in God Himself being you mind that you may walk as He walks in it. His way is impossible for you just as you state over and over it was for Jesus only.
?

Who would you say it was that called Jesus His son?
Who would you say it was Jesus called Father?
Who would you say it was that Jesus prayed to?
Who would you say it was who came to Jesus and opens up who He is to Jesus in Matt3:16?
Who would you say it was that Jesus said sent Him to show you His way?
You don’t know who that was that is very obvious.
Stay on track with what I said in my post Gary! I correctly said that the version of the Bible ( the NAS ) that you use says He " is the ONLY begotten God ", which CLEARLY refutes your say so that He is only a man like you & me! Now for your OFF Track questions, #1 God the Father called Jesus ( the God-Man ) His Son! #2 Jesus the God-Man called God the Father His Father! #3 Jesus the God-Man prayed to God His Father! #4 God the Holy Spirit ( as a Dove ) came to Jesus the God-Man at His baptism in Matt.3:16! #5 Jesus the God-Man was sent by His Father ( God the Father ) to show you the way! Yes I do Know who that was ( as I Correctly posted to your Off Track questions right here, Gary ) and it is CLEARLY very obvious that you do NOT know what you are talking about from my ON Track proof that the Bible you use calls Him the Only begotten God, which clearly refutes your say so that He is ONLY a man and not God the former WORD of John 1:1 also! Thus Gary still remains 100% rebuked by the AS IS scriptures that I post as per 2 Tim.3:16! Case closed Gary!

Stay on track with what I said in my post Gary! I correctly said that the version of the Bible ( the NAS ) that you use says He " is the ONLY begotten God ", which CLEARLY refutes your say so that He is only a man like you & me! Now for your OFF Track questions, #1 God the Father called Jesus ( the God-Man ) His Son! #2 Jesus the God-Man called God the Father His Father! #3 Jesus the God-Man prayed to God His Father! #4 God the Holy Spirit ( as a Dove ) came to Jesus the God-Man at His baptism in Matt.3:16! #5 Jesus the God-Man was sent by His Father ( God the Father ) to show you the way! Yes I do Know who that was ( as I Correctly posted to your Off Track questions right here, Gary ) and it is CLEARLY very obvious that you do NOT know what you are talking about from my ON Track proof that the Bible you use calls Him the Only begotten God, which clearly refutes you say so that He is ONLY a man and not God the former WORD of John 1:1 also! Thus Gary still remains 100% rebuked by the AS IS scriptures that I post as per 2 Tim.3:16! Case closed Gary!
Amen stay on track. Who was it Jesus said sent him to show you His way? Cant answer that can you.

Amen stay on track. Who was it Jesus said sent him to show you His way? Cant answer that can you.
The readers can CLEARLY see that I did answer that in #5 in my scriptural response to your Off Track questions! Thus Gary clearly has a reading problem! So once again Gary, Jesus the God-Man was sent by His Father ( God the Father ) to show you the way, but you keep on going by your own say so ( Man's word ) that the Real Jesus Christ is just a man and NOT God the former Word of John 1:1, who BECAME Flesh in John 1:14 as Jesus the God-Man when God the Father sent Him! Case closed Gary! You remain 100% refuted by those scriptural Facts!

The readers can CLEARLY see that I did answer that in #5 in my scriptural response to your Off Track questions! Thus Gary clearly has a reading problem! So once again Gary, Jesus the God-Man was sent by His Father ( God the Father ) to show you the way, but you keep on going by your own say so ( Man's word ) that the Real Jesus Christ is just a man and NOT God the former Word of John 1:1, who BECAME Flesh in John 1:14 as Jesus the God-Man when God the Father sent Him! Case closed Gary! You remain 100% refuted by those scriptural Facts!

You don't know who it was Who Jesus sent him to show you His way do you ? That is very obvious.
Jesus is not your way, Jesus is the way you have programed for him instead.

Jesus is not your way, Jesus is the way you have programed for him instead.
Wrong again Gary! It is clearly you that programed a Jesus that is NOT in those AS IS scriptures ( God's inspired say so ) because you CONTRADICT them with your say so ( man's word - 2 Peter 3:16 ) ) that Jesus is just a man and not God ( the Word of John 1:1 ) also! Case closed!

Wrong again Gary! It is clearly you that programed a Jesus that is NOT in those AS IS scriptures ( God's inspired say so ) because you CONTRADICT them with your say so ( man's word - 2 Peter 3:16 ) ) that Jesus is just a man and not God ( the Word of John 1:1 ) also! Case closed!
Same Spirit of God who came to Jesus and opened all of His heaven to him is the same one who comes to all who will receive Him.

The reason that you do not know God and worship a man as a god instead has not received from God that what Jesus did in Matt 3:16.

You cant relate to that what is foreign to your understanding.

And you still haven't answered -- What if God really did send Jesus to show you His way to be like Him?
Cant answer that can you for if you did it would convict you of sin wouldn't it?

I know this is against your religion but God sent Jesus that I may follow him to his Father Who is God. And I did. He really is teacher of the way to Him, you just do not believe Jesus that He did.

Without the bodily resurrection which was permanent one has no Savior and you are still dead in your sins according to the Apostle Paul. 1 Corinthians 15:17

Many deny Jesus was Resurrected and Ascended into heaven bodily( a human body with real flesh and bones) and are still dead in their sins even though they might claim to be a christian. That is an oxymoron.

Luke 24:37-43
37 But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit. 38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." 40 And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. 41 While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?" 42 They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish; 43 and He took it and ate it before them.

John 20:24-25
24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples were saying to him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."

John 20:27-28
27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe." 28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

There is one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. (1Timothy 2:5) post ascension.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.(Hebrews 13:5) Changeless, Immutable. Jesus was a man when He walked this earth, when He Ascended and when He will return again at His 2nd Coming.

1 Corinthians 15:1-8
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.

1 Corinthians 15:14-18
14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.

2 Corinthians 5:1-10
For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies. 4 While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it's not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit.6 So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. 7 For we live by believing and not by seeing. 8 Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord. 9 So whether we are here in this body or away from this body, our goal is to please him.

In Heaven.... Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken [this is] the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

Look up the meaning of the word soma below, it always means a physical body in relation to anthropos(man).

His Body.....Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Matthew 27:52-53
52 The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Philippians 3:20-21
And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

1 Corinthians 15:44-45
44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

Paul said in 1 Corinthians 15 that if Christ be not risen your faith is in vain and you are still dead in your sins- an unbeliever who is lost. Those who deny the physical bodily resurrection of Jesus such as the JW's who teach that Jesus is now a spirit based being fit into this camp. They deny the resurrection.

If we look at what Paul is saying in this passage, it is that corruptible flesh and blood shall not enter the kingdom. Paul says corruptible does not inherit the incorruptible. Paul is not saying the resurrection body will not have flesh but what he declares is that the resurrected body will not have perishable flesh. Remember in Luke Jesus said see here My hands and feet, touch Me a spirit/ghost does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have. Peter, Paul and John all agree that Jesus still had flesh well after His ascension. 1 John being the last of the books of the three Apostles declared that Jesus having come in the flesh and those who deny this are the spirit of antichrist. John makes it clear that the Incarnation was permanent. Jesus is forever both God and man. This is what Paul teaches in the whole 15th chapter of 1 Corinthians. The glorious physical bodies that we will have in the resurrection. We will have incorruptible bodies just as Jesus now has in heaven.

hope this helps !!!
For the sake of any visitors to this forum I'd like to give this thread a bump up. I believe it's a very important topic and would like to see some fresh discussion on it.

For the sake of any visitors to this forum I'd like to give this thread a bump up. I believe it's a very important topic and would like to see some fresh discussion on it.
The death and resurrection of Christ is an illustration of the gospel message. Christ begins his ministry with "deny yourself" meaning one must deny the self itself. This is the root of humanity's problem.

When Adam entertains this idea that he would like to be just like God knowing good and evil, he has already separated himself conceptually from God. In his mind, he believes that he is somehow separate from God, and that God is now no longer able to see what is going on. He thinks he can hide from God because he no longer identifies with God. It's the first recorded case of identity politics, and God humors Adam by pointing out that when he does this, he will die because he no longer identifies with the life within him, but with the dirt that houses the breath of life.

Jesus points out that whatever you do to anyone, you do to him. These sundry ideas we all have of ourselves aren't real. Any halfway decent textbook on early childhood development will affirm this fact. Paul and Christ point out this fact repeatedly by saying things like "apart from me, you can do nothing", or "not me, but Christ in me" etc.

So when the women approach the tomb, and see Christ, messengers, or gardeners, these are all depicting the same thing from different perspectives. They are receiving the gospel message so one gospel writer complies with this fact by depicting angels (a word which literally means "messenger").

Another gospel writer simply presents Christ himself, but notes that these women cannot touch him, at least not literally because the reality is that though it is ultimately Christ, it is also just some gardeners who have stated some aspect of the gospel that jars their reality.

The two on their way to Emmaus likewise suddenly "see" Christ while they're sharing a meal with a complete stranger. Then when they're all locked up in a room, suddenly they all begin to see Christ "in the flesh" which is to say that they suddenly begin to see Christ in each other.

Physical bodies do not suddenly appear and disappear, but these revelations do, and the gospel writers are depicting this fact with these references. The fact that only they see the risen Christ is more than enough proof that the resurrection isn't depicting the revival of a corpse, but the existential reality of Christ alive in his newest creation; the children of God.

The death and resurrection of Christ is an illustration of the gospel message. Christ begins his ministry with "deny yourself" meaning one must deny the self itself. This is the root of humanity's problem.

When Adam entertains this idea that he would like to be just like God knowing good and evil, he has already separated himself conceptually from God. In his mind, he believes that he is somehow separate from God, and that God is now no longer able to see what is going on. He thinks he can hide from God because he no longer identifies with God. It's the first recorded case of identity politics, and God humors Adam by pointing out that when he does this, he will die because he no longer identifies with the life within him, but with the dirt that houses the breath of life.
Actually he didn't know God or His ways at all until that knowledge was opened to him and he became like Him. Same thing happened in Abraham, Moses, and especially Jesus, he didn't know God or His heaven either until God came to that man by His Spirit and opens up all of who He is to that man. Matt 3:16.

No one can know God without that same Spirit who is the only One who can open ups His ways to you. He opens it up to 120 as well, and all today who has received Him that He is MANIFEST in you.
Jesus points out that whatever you do to anyone, you do to him. These sundry ideas we all have of ourselves aren't real. Any halfway decent textbook on early childhood development will affirm this fact. Paul and Christ point out this fact repeatedly by saying things like "apart from me, you can do nothing", or "not me, but Christ in me" etc.
It is better for me to follow Jesus than it is to follow Paul in his own beliefs for a god. Paul was like most religious folk and makes his own ideas about God and Jesus.
So when the women approach the tomb, and see Christ, messengers, or gardeners, these are all depicting the same thing from different perspectives. They are receiving the gospel message so one gospel writer complies with this fact by depicting angels (a word which literally means "messenger").

Another gospel writer simply presents Christ himself, but notes that these women cannot touch him, at least not literally because the reality is that though it is ultimately Christ, it is also just some gardeners who have stated some aspect of the gospel that jars their reality.

The two on their way to Emmaus likewise suddenly "see" Christ while they're sharing a meal with a complete stranger. Then when they're all locked up in a room, suddenly they all begin to see Christ "in the flesh" which is to say that they suddenly begin to see Christ in each other.

Physical bodies do not suddenly appear and disappear, but these revelations do, and the gospel writers are depicting this fact with these references. The fact that only they see the risen Christ is more than enough proof that the resurrection isn't depicting the revival of a corpse, but the existential reality of Christ alive in his newest creation; the children of God.
God never changes. He is the same in Adam that he became like Him as Abraham, Moses Jesus 120 and all today who has received from Him to be born of God, born again, is like Him.

I know this is against your religion but God sent Jesus that I may follow him to his Father Who is God. And I did. He really is teacher of the way to Him, you just do not believe Jesus that He did.
FYI Gary it is scripture ( God's inspired say so ) that is against your self Twisted ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) religion! You WRONGFULLY say that the Real Jesus Christ is just a man and not God also, when God's say so in John 1:1-18 & 8:58 and Hebrews 1:6+8 all shows us that He is both God and man and is Worshiped! Case closed!

Same Spirit of God who came to Jesus and opened all of His heaven to him is the same one who comes to all who will receive Him.

The reason that you do not know God and worship a man as a god instead has not received from God that what Jesus did in Matt 3:16.

You cant relate to that what is foreign to your understanding.

And you still haven't answered -- What if God really did send Jesus to show you His way to be like Him?
Cant answer that can you for if you did it would convict you of sin wouldn't it?
I already Correctly answered that " what If " of yours several times now on record on CARM! And BTW it was God the Holy Spirit ( Not God the Father ) that came ( as a Dove ) to God the Son ( Jesus Christ ) at His Baptism! Case closed on Gary's Twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) that Jesus Christ is just a man and not God also ( who is Worshiped ) as John 1:1-18 & 8:58 and Heb.1:6+8 CLEARLY tells us so AS IS before Gary adds his Twist ( man's word ) to them!

Back