The Bodily Resurrection & Ascension of Jesus

Without the bodily resurrection which was permanent one has no Savior and you are still dead in your sins according to the Apostle Paul. 1 Corinthians 15:17

Many deny Jesus was Resurrected and Ascended into heaven bodily( a human body with real flesh and bones) and are still dead in their sins even though they might claim to be a christian. That is an oxymoron.

Luke 24:37-43
37 But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit. 38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." 40 And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet. 41 While they still could not believe it because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?" 42 They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish; 43 and He took it and ate it before them.

John 20:24-25
24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples were saying to him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."

John 20:27-28
27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe." 28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

There is one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. (1Timothy 2:5) post ascension.

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.(Hebrews 13:5) Changeless, Immutable. Jesus was a man when He walked this earth, when He Ascended and when He will return again at His 2nd Coming.

1 Corinthians 15:1-8
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.

1 Corinthians 15:14-18
14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.

2 Corinthians 5:1-10
For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies. 4 While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it's not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit.6 So we are always confident, even though we know that as long as we live in these bodies we are not at home with the Lord. 7 For we live by believing and not by seeing. 8 Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord. 9 So whether we are here in this body or away from this body, our goal is to please him.

In Heaven.... Hebrews 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken [this is] the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

Look up the meaning of the word soma below, it always means a physical body in relation to anthropos(man).

His Body.....Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Philippians 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Matthew 27:52-53
52 The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Philippians 3:20-21
And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

1 Corinthians 15:44-45
44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

Paul said in 1 Corinthians 15 that if Christ be not risen your faith is in vain and you are still dead in your sins- an unbeliever who is lost. Those who deny the physical bodily resurrection of Jesus such as the JW's who teach that Jesus is now a spirit based being fit into this camp. They deny the resurrection.

If we look at what Paul is saying in this passage, it is that corruptible flesh and blood shall not enter the kingdom. Paul says corruptible does not inherit the incorruptible. Paul is not saying the resurrection body will not have flesh but what he declares is that the resurrected body will not have perishable flesh. Remember in Luke Jesus said see here My hands and feet, touch Me a spirit/ghost does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have. Peter, Paul and John all agree that Jesus still had flesh well after His ascension. 1 John being the last of the books of the three Apostles declared that Jesus having come in the flesh and those who deny this are the spirit of antichrist. John makes it clear that the Incarnation was permanent. Jesus is forever both God and man. This is what Paul teaches in the whole 15th chapter of 1 Corinthians. The glorious physical bodies that we will have in the resurrection. We will have incorruptible bodies just as Jesus now has in heaven.

hope this helps !!!
Amen. The spirit is supposed to control the flesh, the flesh is to serve the spirit and not the spirit serve the flesh. As if God created the material side of man, then the material side is good as well.

Hmmmmmm! "The Bodily Resurrection & Ascension of Jesus" should read "The Bodily Resurrection & Ascension of the Trinity".... or SHOULD it, being they don't teach Jesus EVER died...so it should be "The Ascension of the Trinity"....
SO funny how man puts in his own interpretations instead of having from God that what Jesus had from Him where God Himself does the interpreting and explaining who He really is. And when you do see Him as He is ye shall be like Him 1 John 3. That is the resurrection of the Christ come to life in you, you anointed of God just as Jesus was anointed of God.

Sadly religious minds hold him in a grave and make Him wait to come someday as a man and save them, which never will happen because Jesus was spot on when he said the kingdom fo God doesn't come with observation as these are waiting for it ti happen but is within you. Luke 17:20-21. Not many believe Jesus or follow his ways. They are to busy forming their own doctrines from a religious mind that is of self and not of God.

God is at the door knocking and those who will lest Him in He will come to you and sup with your be in you just as Jesus obeyed and let Him in and he became like Him. Matt 3:16, 120 in an upper room let Him come to them as well and He does the same today in all who will open that door, that barrier, that mountain that stands between them and God that will not let Him come to them and let Him in. But they can remove that mountain if they just would obey and receive.

Amen. The spirit is supposed to control the flesh, the flesh is to serve the spirit and not the spirit serve the flesh. As if God created the material side of man, then the material side is good as well.
Spirit does control the flesh man. This mortal body is subject to spirit and what ever spirit controls the actions of that mortal body. That is why we are to try these spirits and see which are of God. If you walk as He walks in His same light with the same signs following and do as Jesus did by the Spirit of God who lead him to do what he did, then all one has to do is compare self with the ways of Jesus. If you are any different from him then you have a different spirit to guide your mind, body, and soul, that that what Jesus had of Spirit.

FYI God comes to all and puts in us the same Spirit, mind ,word, He put in Jesus. You just don't believe Him that He does. Your dictation to Him for your ways will not allow God to show you anything.
FYI again God the Holy Spirit is NOT God the Father! God the WORD of John 1:1 ( who " was with " God the Father & Holy Spirit ) became " FLESH as Jesus Christ the God-Man in John 1:14! Thus Gary's say so ( 2 Peter 3:16- man's word that Jesus is just a man ) on CARM remains 100% rebuked as per 2 Tim.3:16! Case closed Gary!

FYI again God the Holy Spirit is NOT God the Father! God the WORD of John 1:1 ( who " was with " God the Father & Holy Spirit ) became " FLESH as Jesus Christ the God-Man in John 1:14! Thus Gary's say so ( 2 Peter 3:16- man's word that Jesus is just a man ) on CARM remains 100% rebuked as per 2 Tim.3:16! Case closed Gary!
Your god is not a Spirit as you say and I agree, that is so evident in the doctrine you have established for your religion with a god of flesh. .

Your god is not a Spirit as you say and I agree, that is so evident in the doctrine you have established for your religion with a god of flesh. .
FYI again Gay My GOD is a TRINITY ( FSHS )! Yes the Father & Holy Spirit are STILL SPIRIT, But as per scriptures ( GOD's say so ) in John 1:1+14, the WORD who " was God " ( Spirit ) in verse ONE and " was with God " ( the Father & Holy Spirit ) became " FLESH " ( incarnate ) as Jesus Christ ( the God-Man ) in verse 14! So once again - Case closed on Gary's WRONG say so ( man's word - 2 Peter 3:16 ) that the Son Jesus Christ is just a man and NOT God the Word of John 1:1 also! Gary's say so remains 100% rebuked as per 2 Tim.3:16, concerning those posted AS IS scriptures ( GOD's say so ) that CLEARLY refutes Gary's Twisted say so on CARM!

FYI again Gay My GOD is a TRINITY ( FSHS )! Yes the Father & Holy Spirit are STILL SPIRIT, But as per scriptures ( GOD's say so ) in John 1:1+14, the WORD who " was God " ( Spirit ) in verse ONE and " was with God " ( the Father & Holy Spirit ) became " FLESH " ( incarnate ) as Jesus Christ ( the God-Man ) in verse 14! So once again - Case closed on Gary's WRONG say so ( man's word - 2 Peter 3:16 ) that the Son Jesus Christ is just a man and NOT God the Word of John 1:1 also! Gary's say so remains 100% rebuked as per 2 Tim.3:16, concerning those posted AS IS scriptures ( GOD's say so ) that CLEARLY refutes Gary's Twisted say so on CARM!
Yes indeed and gary displays on a regular basis his false god and christ who is not God but a mere man like himself. Blasphemy to the core.

Yes indeed and gary displays on a regular basis his false god and christ who is not God but a mere man like himself. Blasphemy to the core.
Gotta love it, Jesus displayed on a regular bases what it is to be in the Father as well and he was treated the same way you treat me for having the same from our Father who is God. He was falsely accused of being God as well and to these as today he was blasphemous to the core just as you treat us who has from God the same as he had from Him as we are supposed to have from Him.

But I totally agree with you guys that the way of Christ to be like Him, anointed of God, is blaspheme for you.

Yes the three gods you worship are of someones belief system who didn't understand who God really is. But the guarantee is, when you see Him as He is ye shall be like Him.

Do you know what you cant be like Him? I do, because you worship three different gods from the One Jesus prayed to, and obeyed, and Calle Him Father, That is the One that you do not know.

Gotta love it, Jesus displayed on a regular bases what it is to be in the Father as well and he was treated the same way you treat me for having the same from our Father who is God. He was falsely accused of being God as well and to these as today he was blasphemous to the core just as you treat us who has from God the same as he had from Him as we are supposed to have from Him.

But I totally agree with you guys that the way of Christ to be like Him, anointed of God, is blaspheme for you.
Oh! So Gary calls God the Father FALSELY calling His Son Jesus Christ " O God " in Heb.1:8! It's no wonder Gary loves it! Stop CONTRADICTING God the Father's say so ( in Heb.1:6+8 ) by telling us that His Son ( Jesus Christ ) is Not be worshiped ( verse 6 ) and not to be called God ( Verse 8 )! Gary's say so ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) that Jesus is Not God ( the former Word of John 1:1 ) remains 100% rebuked as per God's inspired say so in 2 Tim.3:16! Case closed Gary!

Last edited:
Yes the three gods you worship are of someones belief system who didn't understand who God really is. But the guarantee is, when you see Him as He is ye shall be like Him.

Do you know what you cant be like Him? I do, because you worship three different gods from the One Jesus prayed to, and obeyed, and Calle Him Father, That is the One that you do not know.
WRONG again Gary it is the ONE GOD ( TRINITY- that said " Us & Our " in Gen.1:26 ) that I Worship, as scriptures clearly call Each part of the one GOD { FSHS - Matt.28:19 } " God " individually in John 1:1 & 8:58 ; Acts 5:3-4 for the Holy Spirit being Lied to ; and Heb.1:8 for the Son Jesus Christ! Thus it is CLEARLY Gary & not Me that does NOT Correctly know the ONE GOD of the Holy Scriptures! Even each part of a human can be called human without being MORE than One human, Gary! Same goes with the One God! each part of Him ( FSHS - Matt.28:19 ) can be called " God " without actually being more than ONE GOD! Case closed because those AS IS posted scriptures Prove each Divne Person of the One GOD are called " God " individually! Gary, since he is just one human ( Body, soul, & spirit - 1 Thess.5:23 ), must think that he is REALLY 3 humans ( like he thinks my One GOD are 3 GODs instead of One ) as his ( Gary's ) body is human and his soul is human and his spirit is human! Now do you understand Gary?!!!!!!

Oh! So Gary calls God the Father FALSELY calling His Son Jesus Christ " O God " in Heb.1:8! It's no wonder Gary loves it! Stop CONTRADICTING God the Father's say so ( in Heb.1:6+8 ) by telling us that His Son ( Jesus Christ ) is Not be worshiped ( verse 6 ) and not to be called God ( Verse 8 )! Gary's say so ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) that Jesus is Not God ( the former Word of John 1:1 ) remains 100% rebuked as per God's inspired say so in 2 Tim.3:16! Case closed Gary!
Na -- only you call Him false from lack in having from Him that what Jesus and these others had from Him.

WRONG again Gary it is the ONE GOD ( TRINITY- that said " Us & Our " in Gen.1:26 ) that I Worship, as scriptures clearly call Each part of the one GOD { FSHS - Matt.28:19 } " God " individually in John 1:1 & 8:58 ; Acts 5:3-4 for the Holy Spirit being Lied to ; and Heb.1:8 for the Son Jesus Christ! Thus it is CLEARLY Gary & not Me that does NOT Correctly know the ONE GOD of the Holy Scriptures! Even each part of a human can be called human without being MORE than One human, Gary! Same goes with the One God! each part of Him ( FSHS - Matt.28:19 ) can be called " God " without actually being more than ONE GOD! Case closed because those AS IS posted scriptures Prove each Divne Person of the One GOD are called " God " individually! Gary, since he is just one human ( Body, soul, & spirit - 1 Thess.5:23 ), must think that he is REALLY 3 humans ( like he thinks my One GOD are 3 GODs instead of One ) as his ( Gary's ) body is human and his soul is human and his spirit is human! Now do you understand Gary?!!!!!!
That is what I said. You worship three gods man has made. I worship the same ONE Jesus prayed to and obeyed and called Him Father. Big difference in three gods and the only ONE of Love that Jesus had in himself and walks in as He walks. So do we all who has the same form Him to know Him. You just haven't met the God who sent Jesus to lead you to Him is all. and it would do you well to follow Jesus to Him.

That is what I said. You worship three gods man has made. I worship the same ONE Jesus prayed to and obeyed and called Him Father. Big difference in three gods and the only ONE of Love that Jesus had in himself and walks in as He walks. So do we all who has the same form Him to know Him. You just haven't met the God who sent Jesus to lead you to Him is all. and it would do you well to follow Jesus to Him.
FYI again Gary, according to the scriptures that I posted, Jesus is God the Son and yes God the Son prayed to His Father ( God the Father )! The TRINITY is ONE GOD and each part ( FSHS ) of the one GOD can in FACT be called GOD, just like each part of One human being ( Body, soul & spirit ) can be called human! Must be Gary's Body or soul is not human and only his spirit is human if he does not want to be 3 humans! Now do you get it Gary?! Jesus ( God the Son ) is Correctly called " O God " by God the Father in Hebrews 1:8 and that is EXACTLY why all of God's angels ( that He created as per John 1:3 & Col.1:16 ) worshiped Him ( God the Son ) in Heb.1:6 BEFORE God the Father called Him ( Jesus ) " O God " in verse 8! Case closed Gary and you remain 100% rebuked as per GOD's inspired say so in 2 Tim.3:16!

Na -- only you call Him false from lack in having from Him that what Jesus and these others had from Him.
Well the READERS of Heb.1:8 can CLEARLY see that God the Father did NOT Falsely call that only begotten Son ( Jesus Christ ) of His " O God "! So yes indeed I did in fact CORRECTLY call Him ( Our Lord & Savior ) " God the Son "! Case closed on Gary's Twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) that Jesus Christ is just a man and NOT God the former WORD of John 1:1 also, who " was with God " ( the Father & Holy Spirit ) in the beginning before creation! Case closed and Gary still remains 100% rebuked by those posted scriptures as per 2 Tim.3:16!v

Well the READERS of Heb.1:8 can CLEARLY see that God the Father did NOT Falsely call that only begotten Son ( Jesus Christ ) of His " O God "! So yes indeed I did in fact CORRECTLY call Him ( Our Lord & Savior ) " God the Son "! Case closed on Gary's Twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) that Jesus Christ is just a man and NOT God the former WORD of John 1:1 also, who " was with God " ( the Father & Holy Spirit ) in the beginning before creation! Case closed and Gary still remains 100% rebuked by those posted scriptures as per 2 Tim.3:16!v
Asfor me -- the same God who came to Jesus and revealed to him who He is, is the same One who did the same in me.

If you cant relate to what Jesus had in the Father, I really do understand why!

Asfor me -- the same God who came to Jesus and revealed to him who He is, is the same One who did the same in me.

If you cant relate to what Jesus had in the Father, I really do understand why!
Quit dodging the sriptures that I posted and stay on TRACK Gary! God the Father in Heb.1:8 calls His Only Begotten Son ( John 1:18 & 3:16+18 ) " O God " ! Thus you ( Gary ) are 100% WRONG to say ( Man's word that CONTRADICTS the Father's say so in that verse ) that Jesus Christ is just a man ONLY! John 1:1+14 Proves that He who " was God " the Word ( in verse 1 ) became " Flesh " ( in verse 14 ) as Jesus Christ ( the God-Man )! Case closed on Gary's twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) that the REAL Jesus Christ is just a man ONLY!

Quit dodging the sriptures that I posted and stay on TRACK Gary! God the Father in Heb.1:8 calls His Only Begotten Son ( John 1:18 & 3:16+18 ) " O God " ! Thus you ( Gary ) are 100% WRONG to say ( Man's word that CONTRADICTS the Father's say so in that verse ) that Jesus Christ is just a man ONLY! John 1:1+14 Proves that He who " was God " the Word ( in verse 1 ) became " Flesh " ( in verse 14 ) as Jesus Christ ( the God-Man )! Case closed on Gary's twisted view ( 2 Peter 3:16 ) that the REAL Jesus Christ is just a man ONLY!
Oh didn't dude them at all, it is that you dodge 1 John 3 where we become like Him, where He taks away the sin s of this where and cannot sin if we are born of God, born again. And you dodge the fact that God came to Jesus by His Spirit and opens to him who He is and His heaven in Matt 3:16, don't you? And you dodge the scriptures where Jesus was like his Father who sent him to show you His way, and you dodge being perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, and you dodge walking as He walks in His same light with the same sings following you don't you?

And because of the absence of God in you to make you these things and have His same mind, all you see of scripture is your own laws to regulate a man made belief for three gods LOL.

You are not the way of Christ Rodney Jesus is the way of Christ and had you known the Christ, you would be like Him just as Jesus was like Him, for Christ in you is Gods anointing in you. But you cant relate to that at all, all you can relate to is what some religious minds has told you that you must believe in three gods. You will never know Him under those rules that separates you from Him.

Oh didn't dude them at all, it is that you dodge 1 John 3 where we become like Him, where He taks away the sin s of this where and cannot sin if we are born of God, born again. And you dodge the fact that God came to Jesus by His Spirit and opens to him who He is and His heaven in Matt 3:16, don't you? And you dodge the scriptures where Jesus was like his Father who sent him to show you His way, and you dodge being perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect, and you dodge walking as He walks in His same light with the same sings following you don't you?

And because of the absence of God in you to make you these things and have His same mind, all you see of scripture is your own laws to regulate a man made belief for three gods LOL.

You are not the way of Christ Rodney Jesus is the way of Christ and had you known the Christ, you would be like Him just as Jesus was like Him, for Christ in you is Gods anointing in you. But you cant relate to that at all, all you can relate to is what some religious minds has told you that you must believe in three gods. You will never know Him under those rules that separates you from Him.
well if you did NOT dodge Heb.1:6+8, then tell the readers that all of God's angels did NOT Worship Jesus and that God the Father did NOT call only that Son ( Jesus ) " O God "! Angels will ONLY worship God Gary! Thus you did in FACT Dodge those AS IS scriptures that Proves He is God the Son and you are NOT! All other sons of God are NOT God like Jesus is! Even John 1:1+14 Proves He " was God " the WORD before He became " Flesh " ( incarnate ) as Jesus Christ the God-Man! Case closed on Gary's counterfeit jesus ( just a man as per his say so )! You remain 100% rebuked by all those AS IS posted scriptures ( that you Dodged ) as per 2 Tim.3:16! According to Philippians 3:21, it is ONLY our mortal bodies that will be TRANSFORMED to be like His Glorious Immortal Flesh & Bone resurrection body! Our spirit will NEVER be a Spirit that is God like He has as the WORD of John 1:1!

Last edited:
well if you did NOT dodge Heb.1:6+8, then tell the readers that all of God's angels did NOT Worship Jesus and that God the Father did NOT call only that Son ( Jesus ) " O God "! Angels will ONLY worship God Gary! Thus you did in FACT Dodge those AS IS scriptures that Proves He is God the Son and you are NOT! All other sons of God are NOT God like Jesus is! Even John 1:1+14 Proves He " was God " the WORD before He became " Flesh " ( incarnate ) as Jesus Christ the God-Man! Case closed on Gary's counterfeit jesus ( just a man as per his say so )! You remain 100% rebuked by all those AS IS posted scriptures ( that you Dodged ) as per 2 Tim.3:16! According to Philippians 3:21, it is ONLY our mortal bodies that will be TRANSFORMED to be like His Glorious Immortal Flesh & Bone resurrection body! Our spirit will NEVER be a Spirit that is God like He has as the WORD of John 1:1!
Obvious that You DO NOT understand even though I have stated over and over.

It is better for me to follow the ways of Jesus instead of Paul who made up all kinds of laws to get people to follow him in his ways instead of following Jesus in His ways.

And what you really mean is that your spirit will never be a spirit that comes only from God Himself. You have changed the natural order of John which is speaking about you, For just as you stated, you can never receive from God as Jesus did to be like He is even though He demands that of you to have His same mind, walk as He walks in His same mind, light, perfect as He is perfect, and when you do see Him as He is ye shall be like Him just as it demands of you if you are to be of God as Jesus was of.

The ley to understanding is in John 3. When you see Him as He is ye shall be like Him. But you are spot on, John 1 and the book is defiantly not for you.

Back