The Bodily Resurrection & Ascension of Jesus

Tell that fox that on the third day I shall be glorified. Luke 13:32

What I received I passed on to you. Here is what it is. Christ died for our sins, he was buried, and rose again the third day 1 Cor 15:3-4

The rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him. But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. What is more, this is now the third day...Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory? Luke 24 :20-26

Now as they pondered these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, “Peace to you.” Luke 24:36

Behold! upon the mountains the Messenger of the covenant of peace. keep your solemn feast; for the wicked will be utterly cut off. Nahum 1:15

"I create praise on their lips. Peace, peace, to those far and near,”
says the Lord. “And I will heal them.”
But the wicked are like the troubled sea; for it cannot rest, and its waters cast up mire and mud.
“There is no peace,” says my God, “for the wicked.” Isa 57:19-21
Perhaps someday when you grow a little more mature in righteousness instead of sin you will be saved from it. I did.

JonHawk said:

What I received I passed on to you. Here is what it is. Christ died for our sins, he was buried, and rose again the third day 1 Cor 15:3-4

The rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him. But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. What is more, this is now the third day...Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory? Luke 24 :20-26

Now as they pondered these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, “Peace to you.” Luke 24:36

Behold! upon the mountains the Messenger of the covenant of peace. keep your solemn feast; for the wicked will be utterly cut off. Nahum 1:15

But the wicked are like the troubled sea; for it cannot rest, and its waters cast up mire and mud.
Perhaps someday when you grow a little more mature in righteousness instead of sin you will be saved from it. I did.
But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. “When He ascended on high,..."
And the Lord Jesus Himself gave some to be apostles,... [who gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. Acts 4:33]
So that we would no longer be carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ Jesus. Eph 4

JonHawk said:
He isn't glorified at all if you are still the sinner you say you are.
What I received I passed on to you.
And here is what he has passed not you is, -- crafty fellow that I am, I caught you by trickery the very word from Paul as a sinner instead as the saint.
Here is what it is. Christ died for our sins, he was buried, and rose again the third day 1 Cor 15:3-4
But not for you. Christ being risen in you is gnostic lies for you.

The rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him.
Just as you do, for the ways of Jesus in the Father is gnostic lies for you as you keep accusing him of.
But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. What is more, this is now the third day...Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory? Luke 24 :20-26
Yep and that started in Matt 3:16.
And so do I for the very same reason. But there is no peace in accusing him of gnostic lies.
Amen and here is how one is cut off from the faster by following this one instead --Yet, crafty fellow that I am, I caught you by trickery!
Amen He does.
He did and does heal the minds of those who see His ways to be like Him as gnostic lies.
Amen for those who see His ways was gnostic like has not peace at all in the Father for to them His ways are gnostic lies.
But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. “When He ascended on high,..."
Measure of Christs gifts? God does not give His Spirit in measures LOL.

Either you have His 100% or you have nothing of God at all. He doest just give you part as Paul was only in part and tried to make up his iniquities using witchcraft -Yet, crafty fellow that I am, I caught you by trickery!

And the Lord Jesus Himself gave some to be apostles,... [who gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. Acts 4:33]
So that we would no longer be carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ Jesus. Eph 4
ROFLOL -- by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting? Here is what Paul said he ws guilty of that very thing LOL.

By the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting? Paul speaks out of both sided of his mouth. Yet, crafty fellow that I am, I caught you by trickery! Paul made you the sinner through his trickery, Christ made me the saint and makes saints through truths not trickery LOL.
You really should consider the ways of Jesus instead to the trickeries of others such as Paul as in Yet, crafty fellow that I am, I caught you by trickery!

You really should take time and think seriously about that statement that you won't even consider as doing and consider Jesus in his ways instead of Pauls trickery to make you the sinner instead of the saint that Jesus teaches to be perfect in the Father.

The only thing that you know is Paul is right and the. ways of Jesus is gnostic lies. And you got that through Yet, crafty fellow that I am, I caught you by trickery!

He isn't glorified at all if you are still the sinner you say you are.
You are just wasting your gnostic breath with your accusations.

Free from Sin
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus Rom 8
When He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, Heb 1
Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:36

1 Corinthians 15:38-41
But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. 39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. 41 The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.

A summary of the bodies mentioned above are all PHYSICAL in nature

1- people
2- seed
3-animals
4-birds
5-fish
6- heavenly - the sun, moon and stars
7- earthly- all inclusive 1-5

So as we can see BODY above are all PHYSICAL in nature.

These Greek Lexicons agree that soma is physical just like Paul declares in 1 Corinthians 15

Every Greek Lexicon and Dictionary agrees that the Resurrected BODY(SOMA) is physical and not immaterial.

Strong's Concordance
sóma: a body
Original Word: σῶμα, ατος, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: sóma
Phonetic Spelling: (so'-mah)
Definition: a body
Usage: body, flesh;
HELPS Word-studies
4983 sṓmathe physical body.

NT:4983) is "the body as a whole, the instrument of life," whether of man living, e. g., Matt 6:22, or dead, Matt 27:52; or in resurrection, 1 Corinthians 15:44; or of beasts, Heb 13:11; of grain, 1 Cor 15:37-38; of the heavenly hosts, 1 Cor 15:40.

(from Vine's Expository Dictionary of Biblical Words, Copyright © 1985, Thomas Nelson Publishers.)

More proof soma is physical

as in Greek writings from Hesiod down, the living body: — of animals, James 3:3; — of man: τό σῶμα, absolutely, Luke 11:34; Luke 12:23; 1 Corinthians 6:13, etc.; ἐν σώματι εἶναι, of earthly life with its troubles, Hebrews 13:3; distinguished from τό αἷμα, 1 Corinthians 11:27; τό σῶμα and τά μέλη of it, 1 Corinthians 12:12, 14-20; James 3:6; τό σῶμα the temple of τό ἅγιον πνεῦμα, 1 Corinthians 6:19; the instrument of the soul, τά διά τοῦ σωματου namely, πραχθεντα, 2 Corinthians 5:10; it is distinguished — from τό πνεῦμα, in Romans 8:10; 1 Corinthians 5:3; 1 Corinthians 6:20 Rec.; ; James 2:26 (4 Macc. 11:11); — from ἡ ψυχή, in Matthew 6:25; Matthew 10:28; Luke 12:22 (Wis. 1:4 Wis. 8:19f; 2 Macc. 7:37 2Macc. 14:38; 4 Macc. 1:28, etc.); — from ἡ ψυχή and τό πνεῦμα together, in 1 Thessalonians 5:23 (cf. Song of the Three, 63); σῶμα ψυχικόν and σῶμα πνευματικόν are distinguished, 1 Corinthians 15:44 (see πνευματικός, 1 and ψυχικός, a.); τό σῶμα τίνος, Matthew 5:29; Luke 11:34; Romans 4:19; Romans 8:23 (cf. Winer's Grammar, 187 (176)), etc.; ὁ ναός τοῦ σωματου αὐτοῦ, the temple which was his body, John 2:21; plural, Romans 1:24; 1 Corinthians 6:15; Ephesians 5:28; the genitive of the possessor is omitted where it is easily learned from the context, as 1 Corinthians 5:3; 2 Corinthians 4:10; 2 Corinthians 5:8; Hebrews 10:22(23), etc.; τό σῶμα τῆς ταπεινώσεως ἡμῶν, the body of our humiliation (subjective genitive), i. e. which we wear in this servile and lowly human life, opposed to τό σῶμα τῆς δόξης αὐτοῦ (i. e. τοῦ Χριστοῦ), the body which Christ has in his glorified state with God in heaven, Philippians 3:21; διά τοῦ σωματου τοῦ Χριστοῦ, through the death of Christ's body, Romans 7:4; διά τῆς προσφοράς τοῦ σωματου Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ, through the sacrificial offering of the body of Jesus Christ, Hebrews 10:10; τό σῶμα τῆς σαρκός, the body consisting of flesh, i. e. the physical body

Thayers Greek Lexicon
Good study material

JonHawk said:

ROFLOL -- by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting? Here is what Paul said he ws guilty of that very thing LOL.
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Cor 4

Good study material
Paul gave examples of physical bodies, something we can all understand, so that he could make a point about our eternal bodies, which we cannot yet understand. As John said in 1 John 3:2 it has not yet appeared what we will be. But when we see Jesus as He is we will be transformed to be like Him.
Consider that John had seen Jesus post resurrection and yet here he claims that he does not yet know what the heavenly body will be like.

You are just wasting your gnostic breath with your accusations.

Free from Sin
When He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, Heb 1
Well if your sin glorifies the Christ then so be it. And you say His way is gnostic to be without sin? Now wonder His ways is gnostic for you.

You condemn the Christ with your gnostic views of His ways for holiness.

JonHawk said:
Free from Sin
Well if your sin glorifies the Christ then so be it.
Why not say—as some gnostic slanderously claim that we say—“Let us do evil that good may result”? Their condemnation is just!
And you say His way is gnostic to be without sin?
All alike are all under the power of sin. Rom 3:7-9
Now wonder His ways is gnostic for you.
But now something foreign to your gnostic ways of becoming one with god through your corrupt knowledge.

Justified By Faith
But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Rom 3:21-24
Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith in Christ Jesus? Matt 5:17 Absolutely not! On the contrary, we confirm the law. Rom 3:31

He brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: Col 1:12-16

I will not violate my covenant or alter what my lips have uttered. Once for all, I have sworn by my holiness— Ps 89:34-36

I will appoint him to be my firstborn, the most exalted of the kings of the earth.
I will maintain my love to him forever, and my covenant with him will never fail. Ps 89-27-28

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord.
They rejoice in your name all day long; they celebrate your righteousness.
For you are their glory and strength, and by your favor you exalt our horn.
Indeed, our shield belongs to the Lord, our king to the Holy One of Israel. Ps 89:15-18

Last edited:
JonHawk said:
And your wind of doctrine is that the ways of Christ is gnostic, you learned that from Paul.
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Cor 4
But God openly opens up His heaven to us all who will receive Him. See the gnostic teachings of Jesus in Matt 3:16 that you accuse him of where God unveiled His kingdom in him and in Adam, and in Abraham, Moses 120 and me. Something you are not considering of Him because of His gnostic ways for you.

In that you go without the same in you.

JonHawk said:
Free from Sin

Why not say—as some gnostic slanderously claim that we say—“Let us do evil that good may result”? Their condemnation is just!

But now something foreign to your gnostic ways of becoming one with god through your corrupt knowledge.

Justified By Faith
But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Rom 3:21-24

Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith in Christ Jesus? Absolutely not! On the contrary, we confirm the law. Rom 3:31

He brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: Col 1:12-16

I will not violate my covenant or alter what my lips have uttered. Once for all, I have sworn by my holiness— Ps 89:34-36

I will appoint him to be my firstborn, the most exalted of the kings of the earth.
I will maintain my love to him forever, and my covenant with him will never fail. Ps 89-27-28

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord.
Indeed, our shield belongs to the Lord, our king to the Holy One of Israel. Ps 89:15-18

JonHawk said:
And your wind of doctrine is that the ways of Christ is gnostic, you learned that from Paul.
But God openly opens up His heaven to us all who will receive Him. See the gnostic teachings of Jesus in Matt 3:16 that you accuse him of where God unveiled His kingdom in him and in Adam, and in Abraham, Moses 120 and me. Something you are not considering of Him because of His gnostic ways for you.

Free from sin? But you said you are a sinner as from Pauls teachings that you are.
Only if you condemn His ways as gnostic is He condemned by you.
But he hasn't purged your sins you are still a sinner just as you say you are.
Now that is the truth but for you that is gnostic teachings as you keep accusing Him of.
And that is what you are doing accusing Him of evil gnosticism.
Yes and you are like Paul under the power of sin that you and Paul are of.
Yes for me to be in the Father and He in me as one that I Am as Jesus prayed to his God for me to be honored Jesus prayer for me. Seem Jesus prayer didnt work for you because to be like the Father with He in you is gnosticism for you as you keep accusing His ways of. ,
Justified By Faith
Nope justified by Gods Spirit, there is none other.
Righteousness is given by Goids Spirit Himself who gives us His faith, or mind. Which His mind is gnostic for you as you say He is.
Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith in Christ Jesus? Absolutely not! On the contrary, we confirm the law. Rom 3:31
Paul confirmed his laws as a sinner for sure.
I am His son and He lives me just as He loved His other son Jesus. Gnostic right? LOL
You should be so fortunate.
Me to, so did Jesus.
Amen, He in me and I in Him are one. Gnostic right? LOL
We all do who has from God that what Jesus received from Him, Adam did, Abraham did, Moses did, 120 did and so did I.
Yes I am the righteousness of God in Christ, anointed of God by His Spirit just as Jesus was anointed of God. Gnostic right! LOL
Amen for sure. But for you that is gnosticism. LOL
Amen, He is my shield and my strength and hides me in His arms that nourish me just as He did Jesus. Amen. Gnostic -- right? LOL

Instead of calling His ways gnostic you should be praising Him that He saved me from people like yourself.

JonHawk said:
Free from Sin
Gary Mac said:
Well if your sin glorifies the Christ then so be it.
Gary Mac said:
And you say His way is gnostic to be without sin?
Gary Mac said:
Now wonder His ways is gnostic for you.

Justified By Faith
Gary Mac said:
Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith in Christ Jesus? Matt 5:17 Absolutely not! On the contrary, we confirm the law. Rom 3:31

But God openly opens up His heaven to us all who will receive Him. See the gnostic teachings of Jesus in Matt 3:16
In that you go without the same in you.
Abraham rejoiced at seeing my day; he saw it and was glad. John 8:56
If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God.
What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.” Rom 4

JonHawk said:
Free from Sin

Justified By Faith

If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God.
What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.” Rom 4
You dont know that God came to Jesus and opened to him His ways and sent him to show you how that works is all. For Matt 3:16 is pure gnosticism for you and you dont even know why He is gnostic for you.

I never speak of myself but only of the Father who sends me, He did Jesus the same. But because His ways to send you out as well is gnostic, you are stuck un a rut of sin where righteousness is gnosticism for you.

JonHawk said:
Free from Sin

Justified By Faith

Amen we all are the same who has received from God that what these did. I am His son for sure, but to be a son of God is gnosticism for you, actually atheists mentality, and antichrist to receieve the same from God as these did especially Jesus.

Paul gave examples of physical bodies, something we can all understand, so that he could make a point about our eternal bodies, which we cannot yet understand. As John said in 1 John 3:2 it has not yet appeared what we will be. But when we see Jesus as He is we will be transformed to be like Him.
Consider that John had seen Jesus post resurrection and yet here he claims that he does not yet know what the heavenly body will be like.
I think Kohn was talking about himself and other believers not experiencing the new bodies .

Free from sin? But you said you are a sinner as from Pauls teachings that you are.

Only if you condemn His ways as gnostic is He condemned by you.

But he hasn't purged your sins you are still a sinner just as you say you are.

Now that is the truth but for you that is gnostic teachings as you keep accusing Him of.

And that is what you are doing accusing Him of evil gnosticism.

Yes and you are like Paul under the power of sin that you and Paul are of.

Yes for me to be in the Father and He in me as one that I Am as Jesus prayed to his God for me to be honored Jesus prayer for me. Seem Jesus prayer didnt work for you because to be like the Father with He in you is gnosticism for you as you keep accusing His ways of. ,

Nope justified by Gods Spirit, there is none other.

Righteousness is given by Goids Spirit Himself who gives us His faith, or mind. Which His mind is gnostic for you as you say He is.

Paul confirmed his laws as a sinner for sure.

I am His son and He lives me just as He loved His other son Jesus. Gnostic right? LOL
You should be so fortunate.

Me to, so did Jesus.

Amen, He in me and I in Him are one. Gnostic right? LOL

We all do who has from God that what Jesus received from Him, Adam did, Abraham did, Moses did, 120 did and so did I.

Yes I am the righteousness of God in Christ, anointed of God by His Spirit just as Jesus was anointed of God. Gnostic right! LOL

Amen for sure. But for you that is gnosticism. LOL

Amen, He is my shield and my strength and hides me in His arms that nourish me just as He did Jesus. Amen. Gnostic -- right? LOL

Instead of calling His ways gnostic you should be praising Him that He saved me from people like yourself.
What do you mean by gnostic?

I think Kohn was talking about himself and other believers not experiencing the new bodies .
Yes John in the verse I cited is responding to the question, what will our bodies be like in the resurrection.
If you consider the number of people who saw Jesus post resurrection, who could have talked about that body they saw, then surely someone could tells us what THAT body was like and therefore what our bodies will be like. but no one including John has left us a record of what the resurrection body looks like or acts like.
I am sure you would say, yes they did when they described the resurrected Jesus, but I remind you again, John saw Jesus resurrected yet says he does not know what our bodies will be. Only that when we see Him as He is for the first time, that will cause us to be transformed to be like him
If John had seen jesus as He is post resurrection, why wasn't John's body transformed to be like his?

Yes John in the verse I cited is responding to the question, what will our bodies be like in the resurrection.
If you consider the number of people who saw Jesus post resurrection, who could have talked about that body they saw, then surely someone could tells us what THAT body was like and therefore what our bodies will be like. but no one including John has left us a record of what the resurrection body looks like or acts like.
I am sure you would say, yes they did when they described the resurrected Jesus, but I remind you again, John saw Jesus resurrected yet says he does not know what our bodies will be. Only that when we see Him as He is for the first time, that will cause us to be transformed to be like him
If John had seen jesus as He is post resurrection, why wasn't John's body transformed to be like his?
I understand your position . I just think John is speaking from a lack of personally experiencing the new body and not knowing what that is like .

Back