The Bodily Resurrection & Ascension of Jesus

JonHawk said:
Free from Sin
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus Rom 8
When He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, Heb 1
Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:36

Why not say—as some gnostic slanderously claim that we say—“Let us do evil that good may result”? Their condemnation is just!

All alike are all under the power of sin. Rom 3:7-9

But now something foreign to your gnostic ways of becoming one with god through your corrupt knowledge.

Justified By Faith
But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Rom 3:21-24

Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith in Christ Jesus? Matt 5:17 Absolutely not! On the contrary, we confirm the law. Rom 3:31

He brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: Col 1:12-16

I will not violate my covenant or alter what my lips have uttered. Once for all, I have sworn by my holiness— Ps 89:34-36

I will appoint him to be my firstborn, the most exalted of the kings of the earth.
I will maintain my love to him forever, and my covenant with him will never fail. Ps 89-27-28

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord.
They rejoice in your name all day long; they celebrate your righteousness.
For you are their glory and strength, and by your favor you exalt our horn.
Indeed, our shield belongs to the Lord, our king to the Holy One of Israel. Ps 89:15-18

Abraham rejoiced at seeing my day; he saw it and was glad. John 8:56

If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God.
What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.” Rom 4
Amen we all are the same who has received from God that what these did. I am His son for sure, but to be a son of God is gnosticism for you, actually atheists mentality, and antichrist to receieve the same from God as these did especially Jesus.
On the contrary; it's no surprise why you despise Paul, you made up your own gnostic fable and ignore salvation through the Son of God.

This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. 1 John 4:13-15

No I’m not intending to do that but we must remember God used the disciples/ authors personalities in writing scripture. They were not automons .
totally agree. I think all scripture comes thru an individual and is expressed thru that personality
Maybe like the difference between two languages expressing the same ideas. They hear the truth and then render it in their own language, with the exception that there are many times when God gives prophets exact words,

Created in Christ Jesus; Eph 2:10
totally agree. I think all scripture comes thru an individual and is expressed thru that personality
Making you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. For all Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, to equip for every good work. 2 Cor 3:15-17 His own people, redeemed from every lawless deed, zealous for good works. Titus 2:14
It is good to be zealous in a good thing until Christ is revealed in you. Gal 4:18-19

Yes John in the verse I cited is responding to the question, what will our bodies be like in the resurrection.
If you consider the number of people who saw Jesus post resurrection, who could have talked about that body they saw, then surely someone could tells us what THAT body was like and therefore what our bodies will be like. but no one including John has left us a record of what the resurrection body looks like or acts like.
I am sure you would say, yes they did when they described the resurrected Jesus, but I remind you again, John saw Jesus resurrected yet says he does not know what our bodies will be. Only that when we see Him as He is for the first time, that will cause us to be transformed to be like him
If John had seen jesus as He is post resurrection, why wasn't John's body transformed to be like his?
Actually id does describe his body. Mary didnt recognize the Christ, she thought he was a Gardner, and to some he appeared in a different form, and the fishermen with the nets didnt recognize the man who fed them fish for breakfast only they knew it was of the Lord.

And He does the same today. Someone who comes who is of God as Jesus was of God and is Gods anointed, which is Christ in you, they dont recognize the image of a man but they can recognize the Christ in that person for they speak and do the very same as Jesus with the same power of Gods Spirit with the same signs following. But without that same aoointing as Jesus had from God there is no way one can regnnize the Christ at all for the kingdom of God doesnt come with observation as most are seeming a man to come as a god and save them, for the kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17:20-21. That is why most cant see the risen Christ the One who is at their door knocking this day and anyone who will let Him in He will come to you and sup with you and be in you just as Jesus let Him in in Matt 3:16.

Created in Christ Jesus; Eph 2:10

Making you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. For all Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, to equip for every good work. 2 Cor 3:15-17 His own people, redeemed from every lawless deed, zealous for good works. Titus 2:14
It is good to be zealous in a good thing until Christ is revealed in you. Gal 4:18-19
It is God breathed only if God is the instigator. Some such as Pauls doctrine is not God breathe but is self imposed through a belief instead of having from God that what Jesus had of Him.

Trinitarian said:
What do you mean by gnostic?
From the Greek, gnōstikos knowledge of, ("acquaintance with") the divine.
You would have to ask JonHawk, he is the one accusing Jesus of gnosticism.
Undiscerning covenant-breakers. Rom 1:31
Gary Mac said:
I was an atheist didnt believe in a god or gods, but at least I had an open mind.
so I was honest enough to sit and say outlaid with my my mouth " OK god if you are who all of these say you are you are going to have to reveal yourself to me,...
This is not about beliefs -- it is about God manifesting Himself ini you
the place God and man come together as one.
Slaves of depravity 2 Peter 2:19
Gary Mac said:
one is not justified by faith, we are justified through obedience to the Father to be like Him
No one can know the Father without that same revelation from God Himself
Atonement is made the moment that you receieve - God
God Himself anoints by His same mind, or Spirit
I am the righteousness of God for He in me and I in Him are one.
God unveils who He is and presented his enlightenment, knowledge,
Gods Spirit in you as the Gnostics teach
Gods Spirit in me - confirms that I am perfect.
Hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared 1 Timothy 4:2
Gary Mac said:
Jesus was gnostic, gnostics teach the ways of God in man. To become like God to know Gen 3:22.
for man is the temple of Him;
If God is your life then sin has died, but because Gods ways are gnostic for you
you have followed cunning devices, you follow the sorcery of Paul
And whether you like it or not this is satanic witchcraft
Some of these has three gods they worship and call it a trinity LOL.
JonHawk said:
The Righteous Live by Faith
But you brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, 21 and having a High Priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith; Heb 10

Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit...2 Cor 1
All the workers of iniquity shall perish.
But You Lord, are seated on Your throne. Psalm 92:7-8

Last edited:
Actually id does describe his body. Mary didnt recognize the Christ, she thought he was a Gardner, and to some he appeared in a different form, and the fishermen with the nets didnt recognize the man who fed them fish for breakfast only they knew it was of the Lord.

And He does the same today. Someone who comes who is of God as Jesus was of God and is Gods anointed, which is Christ in you, they dont recognize the image of a man but they can recognize the Christ in that person for they speak and do the very same as Jesus with the same power of Gods Spirit with the same signs following. But without that same aoointing as Jesus had from God there is no way one can regnnize the Christ at all for the kingdom of God doesnt come with observation as most are seeming a man to come as a god and save them, for the kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17:20-21. That is why most cant see the risen Christ the One who is at their door knocking this day and anyone who will let Him in He will come to you and sup with you and be in you just as Jesus let Him in in Matt 3:16.

Your description seems accurate, but your explanation of it does not adhere to Bible. I am not sure if you identify as a Christian, but your ideas seem to come from somewhere outside of the Bible. I am sure I am repeating myself. But I wonder why you would bring in extraBiblical texts to explain these kinds of things

Your description seems accurate, but your explanation of it does not adhere to Bible. I am not sure if you identify as a Christian, but your ideas seem to come from somewhere outside of the Bible. I am sure I am repeating myself. But I wonder why you would bring in extraBiblical texts to explain these kinds of things
yes like the first century gnostics

These feast with you without fear, serving only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried about by the winds; trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots; Jude 1

As Jesus said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted."

“The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

These feast with you without fear, serving only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried about by the winds; trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots; Jude 1

As Jesus said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted."
Amen !

Christian said:

For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life; John 6:40

They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me; John 178-9

For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life; John 6:40
Thanks I love that passage in John.

Christian said:

“The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” John 6:29

They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me; John 17:8-9
As John once said,
It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. 2 John 1:3-4

Last edited:
From the Greek, gnōstikos knowledge of, ("acquaintance with") the divine.
Just as Jesus preached that you should be doest he?
Undiscerning covenant-breakers. Rom 1:31
Yes as Jesus does for you he is the gnostic you accuse him of.
Slaves of depravity 2 Peter 2:19
Yes slaves to the sins of Paul as your god instead of righteousness
Hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared 1 Timothy 4:2
Amen these accuse Jesus of gnosticism that you dont even have a clue what that is.
All the workers of iniquity shall perish.
Yes and these go to a graven never knowing the Christ, they worship a man as a god instead.
But You Lord, are seated on Your throne. Psalm 92:7-8
Amen and we all who has overcome this world sit with Him in His throne. Rev 3;21.

Christian said:

As Jesus said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted. They are blind guides; Matt 15:13-14

“The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” John 6:29

They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me; John 17:8-9
Christian said:
As John once said,
It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. 2 John 1:3-4
Yes as Jesus does for you he is the gnostic you accuse him of.
Gnosticism is your can of worms. You reject Jesus and imagine you have access to God.
Amen and we all who has overcome this world sit with Him in His throne. Rev 3;21.
This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world?
Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God. 1 John 5:4-5

Your dead shall live; Together with my dead body they shall arise. Isaiah 26:19
But you have no savior or Messiah WITH the resurrection, since the OT is clear that a resurrection is not an attribute of the Messiah.
On the third day He will raise us up so we can live in his presence. Hosea 6:2

But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it. Deuteronomy 30:14, Romans 10:6-9

But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day Luke 24:21
How unwise you are to disbelieve ... (Luke 24:25-26) Psalm 111:10
Did I not promise you that if you would believe in Me, you would see the glory of God? John 11:40 1 Peter 1:21

Last edited:
Back