The BOM was written by many ancient prophets by the spirit of prophecy and revelation

nomrom

If this is True, then please explain these 4-Questions

1. The bible clearly states that there is only one God. Biblical Christianity is a monotheistic religion, yet Joseph Smith and the Mormon leadership went on to introduce other gods which contradicts the bible.

2. The introduction page in the Book of Mormon states, “The book was written by many ancient prophets by the spirit of prophecy and revelation”. If this is True why were these so-called prophets so wrong with their many failed prophecies being that they were given the spirit of prophecy and revelation? Also how can a prophet make such insane comments from men who live on the moon and the sun?

3. Why would God have allowed His people to dwell in darkness for almost two thousand years after Christ, until the coming of Joseph Smith to lead them to the truth who had many failed prophecies?

4. could there be for believing self-proclaimed prophets who failed the test of a true prophet (Deuteronomy 18:20-22) and whose teachings contradict the clear doctrines of the Holy Scriptures, instead of holding to the truth proclaimed by the Church ( One Holy Apostolic Catholic Church) founded by Christ and led by His Apostles and their successors?

Aaron32

1. The bible clearly states that there is only one God. Biblical Christianity is a monotheistic religion, yet Joseph Smith and the Mormon leadership went on to introduce other gods which contradicts the bible.
I disagree, it's simply a matter of interpretation:
Thread 'One more time - Mormons' belief in how they believe in One God using the Bible only' https://forums.carm.org/threads/one...believe-in-one-god-using-the-bible-only.5372/
2. The introduction page in the Book of Mormon states, “The book was written by many ancient prophets by the spirit of prophecy and revelation”. If this is True why were these so-called prophets so wrong with their many failed prophecies being that they were given the spirit of prophecy and revelation?
What prophecy in the Book of Mormon is wrong?
Also how can a prophet make such insane comments from men who live on the moon and the sun?
A prophet is a prophet when acting as such.
3. Why would God have allowed His people to dwell in darkness for almost two thousand years after Christ, until the coming of Joseph Smith to lead them to the truth who had many failed prophecies?
It wasn't a matter of dwelling in darkness. It's about not having the necessary priesthood keys and beginning the gathering of Israel.
4. could there be for believing self-proclaimed prophets who failed the test of a true prophet (Deuteronomy 18:20-22) and whose teachings contradict the clear doctrines of the Holy Scriptures, instead of holding to the truth proclaimed by the Church ( One Holy Apostolic Catholic Church) founded by Christ and led by His Apostles and their successors?
Hmmm...not exactly sure what the question is here. Can you clarify?

brotherofJared

The bible clearly states that there is only one God.
And there is only one God. This has never been a question.
Biblical Christianity is a monotheistic religion,
Your version of Christianity is at odds with Biblical Christianity. The Bible clearly states that there are many gods. There are three that it teaches that we worship, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost. The Bible is clear that these are three distinct and separate beings/persons. Each is God. But only one is worshipped as God. Paul knows and tells us who it is that we worship. That's what the Bible teaches. What u all teach is not in the Bible.
The introduction page in the Book of Mormon states, “The book was written by many ancient prophets by the spirit of prophecy and revelation”. If this is True why were these so-called prophets so wrong with their many failed prophecies being that they were given the spirit of prophecy and revelation?
Lame. U make an accusation without support. Are we to just assume ur word is bond? Without support, I'm just going to assume that ur making up accusations that are not true.
Also how can a prophet make such insane comments from men who live on the moon and the sun?
What has this got to do with the Book of Mormon prophesies? 🙄
Why would God have allowed His people to dwell in darkness for almost two thousand years after Christ,
Because men killed God's Son? U think? Kill God's Son and suffer no consequences? Oh. We suffered alright. Men, not God formed the abomination that ran around under the banner of the Bible. What kind of church of God would keep the word of God out of the hands of the people? That's what I call darkness. It wasn't until Tyndale that the light started to shine in the darkness in a notable way and the church killed him for it. They were so angry with what he did that they dug is remains up and killed him again. Does that sound like God's church? It doesn't to me.
could there be for believing self-proclaimed prophets who failed the test of a true prophet (Deuteronomy 18:20-22)
😂😂😂😂
Another lame argument. How long must one wait for a prophesy to come true? 🙄

brotherofJared

A prophet is a prophet when acting as such.
I agree. People, including prophets are entitled to their opinions. I don't think either person said humans lived in either place, but it seems reasonable to me that there is no space in which intelligence does not dwell. Is the Sun inhabited? Is it a space? Whether these are angels or the spirits of men yet to be, it doesn't seem unreasonable that if one believes that spirits exist they they might dwell wherever they want.

IOW, it's not that big of a deal. It's just another insignificant mole hill that critics get all bent out of shape over. Especially considering that those who claim they are Christians believe that there will be life after death. Where do they suppose they will live? It seems rather silly to believe that they will live somewhere in the universe but no one can live anywhere near us. Who do they think they are to say where people who can never die will live and where they won't live.

My understanding is this earth will be heaven for those who lived here and followed Christ. Where will everyone else live? I also understand that we are not the only creation of God. Where will all those people dwell? And I also understand that after this earth has become heaven there will yet be many more worlds yet to come world's without end. Where will they live?

The arrogance of the ignorant.

brotherofJared

Here's one that came to pass and is coming to pass again, 2 Nephi 1:10

"if the day shall come that they [those who had the truth and so great knowledge of their God] will reject the Holy One of Israel, the true Messiah, their Redeemer and their God, behold, the judgments of him that is just shall rest upon them."

Did they rest upon the people of this whole hemisphere? The church that was supposed to be the light of the world, according to you, came here and slaughtered the people, destroying their heritage and plundering their wealth. You can believe whatever version of history you want, but the facts are there and plain to be seen. Your moral high ground is a pit.

Did these judgments not rest upon the Jews and the whole world when they, the ones who were supposed to be the light to the world, rejected Jesus Christ by laying the Son of God on the cross? And you asked (in another thread), why would God let the world wander in darkness for 2000 years? And you think there were no consequences of a Just God?

And the world is heading to hell in a handbasket even now, but it will not be our critics who will save it. Our critics who laud their praises to a God they barely know, much less worship. For all their flowery words they fail in one vital point, faith without works is dead. If one does not follow Christ and do his works, that person is only paying lip service.

The Prophet

And there is only one God. This has never been a question.

Your version of Christianity is at odds with Biblical Christianity. The Bible clearly states that there are many gods. There are three that it teaches that we worship, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost. The Bible is clear that these are three distinct and separate beings/persons. Each is God. But only one is worshipped as God. Paul knows and tells us who it is that we worship. That's what the Bible teaches. What u all teach is not in the Bible.

Lame. U make an accusation without support. Are we to just assume ur word is bond? Without support, I'm just going to assume that ur making up accusations that are not true.

What has this got to do with the Book of Mormon prophesies? 🙄
Our Relationship with the Lord

BRUCE R. MCCONKIE

Now, it is no secret that many false and vain and foolish things are being taught in the sectarian world and even among us about our need to gain a special relationship with the Lord Jesus. I shall summarize the true doctrine in this field and invite erring teachers and beguiled students to repent and believe the accepted gospel verities as I shall set them forth.

We worship the Father and him only and no one else. We do not worship the Son, and we do not worship the Holy Ghost.
I know perfectly well what the scriptures say about worshipping Christ and Jehovah, but they are speaking in an entirely different sense--the sense of standing in awe and being reverentially grateful to him who has redeemed us.

Worship in the true and saving sense is reserved for God the first, the Creator.

https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/bruce-r-mcconkie_relationship-lord/

Bob Carabbio

The BOM was written by many ancient prophets by the spirit of prophecy and revelation​

I think we both know that the "Book of Mormon" is a worthless collection of meaningless garbage, produced by satan for the express purpose of leading his victims AWAY from the Biblical truths, and straight into the lake of fire with the rest of his servants.

I does no good to discuss anything with the LDS, since they'll only give you their canned rationalizations, and claim that they "proved" something.

Aaron32

I think we both know that the "Book of Mormon" is a worthless collection of meaningless garbage, produced by satan for the express purpose of leading his victims AWAY from the Biblical truths, and straight into the lake of fire with the rest of his servants.

I does no good to discuss anything with the LDS, since they'll only give you their canned rationalizations, and claim that they "proved" something.
What in the Book of Mormon leads people away from Christ?

Aaron32

Our Relationship with the Lord

BRUCE R. MCCONKIE

Now, it is no secret that many false and vain and foolish things are being taught in the sectarian world and even among us about our need to gain a special relationship with the Lord Jesus. I shall summarize the true doctrine in this field and invite erring teachers and beguiled students to repent and believe the accepted gospel verities as I shall set them forth.

We worship the Father and him only and no one else. We do not worship the Son, and we do not worship the Holy Ghost. I know perfectly well what the scriptures say about worshipping Christ and Jehovah, but they are speaking in an entirely different sense--the sense of standing in awe and being reverentially grateful to him who has redeemed us.

Worship in the true and saving sense is reserved for God the first, the Creator.

https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/bruce-r-mcconkie_relationship-lord/

Same talk:

2. We love and serve both the Father and the Son.
In the full, final, and ultimate sense of the word the divine decree is:

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy might, mind, and strength; and in the name of Jesus Christ thou shalt serve him. [D&C 59:5]

And Jesus also said:

If ye love me, keep my commandments. [John 14:15]

These, then, are the commandments of commandments. They tie the Father and the Son together, as one, so that both receive our love and service.

brotherofJared

No Bob, what we both know by your own admission is that you have no idea of anything about what we believe or if anything we believe is true. May I remind you,
I certainly AM "Willfully Ignorant" of his (Joseph Smith's) garbage.

brotherofJared

Same talk:

2. We love and serve both the Father and the Son.
In the full, final, and ultimate sense of the word the divine decree is:

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy might, mind, and strength; and in the name of Jesus Christ thou shalt serve him. [D&C 59:5]

And Jesus also said:

If ye love me, keep my commandments. [John 14:15]

These, then, are the commandments of commandments. They tie the Father and the Son together, as one, so that both receive our love and service.
Indeed, if one loves the Son, they also, by association, love His Father.

brotherofJared

Along with it's other foolishness, Mormonism teaches "Salvation by Works" some weird adaptation of Jesus' Sacrifice, and man's religious activities.
Thank you for proving my point. Salvation is not "by works", it is "works-based". IOW, only the repentant can be saved. No amount of our own righteous works can save us. It's not possible, PERIOD. We have never made any other claim. However, our works can prevent our salvation and as such, that makes salvation works-based.

But you don't really care about that, do you? I mean, why bother discussing what we really believe, right?

Bob Carabbio

Thank you for proving my point. Salvation is not "by works", it is "works-based". IOW, only the repentant can be saved. No amount of our own righteous works can save us. It's not possible, PERIOD. We have never made any other claim. However, our works can prevent our salvation and as such, that makes salvation works-based.

But you don't really care about that, do you? I mean, why bother discussing what we really believe, right?
There's nothing to discuss. LDS is "Just another" phony religious system, started by a false satanic-led "prophet", like any number of others in the world.

Reactions: Mik

Theo1689

Why do you quote passages which you don't even understand?

Why does the D&C say "all thy might, mind, and strength"?

1) Why does it leave out "heart" and "soul" (cf. Mark 12:30)?

2) Why does it include both "might" and "strength", which are synonyms?

brotherofJared

There's nothing to discuss. LDS is "Just another" phony religious system, started by a false satanic-led "prophet", like any number of others in the world.
It's not like you would know. You've openly stated that you are willfully ignorant of our religion or what we teach. What it comes down to, Bob, is that you don't want to know and that's the problem that most Christians have, even Mormons. Have you ever heard the story of the bird who found himself in a pile of cow manure? He was so happy and warm that he sang and sang and sang, until a cat came along and uncovered him and ate him. There's a moral to that story about keeping your mouth shut when you find yourself in such a situation, but seriously, who wants to spend their life in such a place? But I guess you all don't get that, do you? You all like it like that. You all like it so much you even make up your own Biblical dichotomy and completely ignore the Bible handed down to us through the prophets just so you can keep it that way.

All other religious systems, except the one true church, are phony religious systems and when you realize it then you'll know that you all are following the satanic-led men who corrupted the church in the first place.

Last edited:

Bob Carabbio

It's not like you would know. You've openly stated that you are willfully ignorant of our religion or what we teach.
I'm also "willfully Ignorant" of Buddhism, Shinto, Santeria, Catholic Fundamentalism, Jehovah's Witness, And any number of other phony religious systems. There's enough to concentrate on with REAL Biblical Christianity, to waste time on other worthless religious "Rabbit trails" like LDS.

Reactions: Mik

brotherofJared

I'm also "willfully Ignorant"
You know, making such a claim isn't helping your case. Do you spend as much time attacking the other faiths or do you recognize that being ignorant, willfully so, places you at odds with any intelligent conversation concerning them?

You know, making such comments is like stubbing your toe but never doing anything about the object or your ability to avoid doing it again.
There's enough to concentrate on with REAL Biblical Christianity,
There is, unfortunately, that's not what most Christians and especially not our critics, are doing.
to waste time on other worthless religious "Rabbit trails"
Then why do you?

Aaron32

Along with it's other foolishness, Mormonism teaches "Salvation by Works" some weird adaptation of Jesus' Sacrifice, and man's religious activities.
I disagree on the salvation by works...
For example:
1 Nephi 12:10 - "...because of their faith in the Lamb of God their garments are made white in his blood."
2 Nephi 25:25 - "we are made alive in Christ because of our faith;"
Mosiah 3:9 - "salvation might come unto the children of men even through faith on his name"
Alma 5:10-12 - "10 And now I ask of you on what conditions are they saved? Yea, what grounds had they to hope for salvation? What is the cause of their being loosed from the bands of death, yea, and also the chains of hell?
11 Behold, I can tell you—did not my father Alma believe in the words which were delivered by the mouth of Abinadi? And was he not a holy prophet? Did he not speak the words of God, and my father Alma believe them?
12 And according to his faith there was a mighty change wrought in his heart"

I'm not sure what else you're referring to.

Aaron32

Why do you quote passages which you don't even understand?
What makes you think I don't understand it?

Why does the D&C say "all thy might, mind, and strength"?

1) Why does it leave out "heart" and "soul" (cf. Mark 12:30)?
It does say "heart". I can only assume "soul" = "might, mind, and strength"
2) Why does it include both "might" and "strength", which are synonyms?
The general idea, so I'm told, is strength refers to physical strength. Might refers to other type of strength (ie. moral strength, determination, etc.)