The BOM was written by many ancient prophets by the spirit of prophecy and revelation

brotherofJared

I disagree on the salvation by works...
For example:
1 Nephi 12:10 - "...because of their faith in the Lamb of God their garments are made white in his blood."
2 Nephi 25:25 - "we are made alive in Christ because of our faith;"
Mosiah 3:9 - "salvation might come unto the children of men even through faith on his name"
Alma 5:10-12 - "10 And now I ask of you on what conditions are they saved? Yea, what grounds had they to hope for salvation? What is the cause of their being loosed from the bands of death, yea, and also the chains of hell?
11 Behold, I can tell you—did not my father Alma believe in the words which were delivered by the mouth of Abinadi? And was he not a holy prophet? Did he not speak the words of God, and my father Alma believe them?
12 And according to his faith there was a mighty change wrought in his heart"

I'm not sure what else you're referring to.
Our critics have their talking points which they repeat having no idea if what they are repeating is even true or not.

Theo1689

What makes you think I don't understand it?

The fact that you refused to answer my question about it in a thread I started a couple of months ago.

And by the fact that your response about it today is ridiculous.

It does say "heart". I can only assume "soul" = "might, mind, and strength"

So if you "assume" this, it's because you don't KNOW it.
So I was right, wasn't I?

And in what world does "soul" mean "might, mind, and strength"?

The general idea, so I'm told,

"So [you're] told"?
So you're basing your understanding on hearsay and gossip?

Who exactly "told" you this?
And why would you accept their irrational explanation?

is strength refers to physical strength. Might refers to other type of strength (ie. moral strength, determination, etc.)

Can you prove this?

What was the original term translated "might" in Reformed Egyptian?
And what was the original term translated "strength" in Reformed Egyptian?

And in what Reformed Egyptian lexicon can we find these definitions you offer?

Aaron32

The fact that you refused to answer my question about it in a thread I started a couple of months ago.
Sorry. I don't monitor all of your threads. Give me a link if you really want my response.
And by the fact that your response about it today is ridiculous.
What response are you referring to?
So if you "assume" this, it's because you don't KNOW it.
So I was right, wasn't I?
Do you know of an authoritative source with THE answer? Feel free to enlighten me.
And in what world does "soul" mean "might, mind, and strength"?
D&C 88:15 And the spirit and the body are the soul of man.

The soul is the essence of who we are. Thus, heart (desires), might (spiritual fortitude), mind (mental capacity/thoughts), and strength (physically) are the different aspects of your soul.

"So [you're] told"?
So you're basing your understanding on hearsay and gossip?
Again, do you have an authoritative source that provides THE answer? Yes, as various sources discuss this, that's what they say.

Who exactly "told" you this?
And why would you accept their irrational explanation?
Discussions in church, institute manuals.
Seems rational to me. How is it irrational?

Can you prove this?

What was the original term translated "might" in Reformed Egyptian?
And what was the original term translated "strength" in Reformed Egyptian?

And in what Reformed Egyptian lexicon can we find these definitions you offer?
This is Mormonism, where we're actually permitted to use our brains and draw conclusions for ourselves. If you have a better explanation, I welcome to hear it.

Bob Carabbio

You know, making such a claim isn't helping your case.
EDIIT Address posters by their names ONLY. I don't have a "Case", and fully realize that the Paul's advice is the best:
1Co 2:2
"For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

HE saves his "Theological discussions" for those who are born again already, and can appreciate spiritual things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mik