The Bride

well, Arch;
one thing is for certain;
they didn't teach this Crap-Ola

Mithraism was a religion in the Roman Empire in the 1st through 5th centuries AD. It was very popular among the Romans, especially among Roman soldiers, and was possibly the religion of several Roman emperors. While Mithraism was never given “official” status in the Roman Empire, it was the de facto official religion until Constantine and succeeding Roman emperors replaced Mithraism with Christianity. One of the key features of Mithraism was a sacrificial meal, which involved eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a bull. Mithras, the god of Mithraism, was “present” in the flesh and blood of the bull, and when consumed, granted salvation to those who partook of the sacrificial meal (this is known as theophagy, the eating of one’s god).​
Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you DO NOT HAVE LIFE within you

For MY FLESH IS TRUE FOOD, and my blood is true drink.

This IS my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me

Give us today our daily bread

Ex.32:1

And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount,
1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins,
which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom

.While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
And when the people saw that Moses delayed
(Tarried)
to come down out of the mount,
the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron,
and said unto him,

Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses,
the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt,
we wot not what is become of him

And Aaron said unto them,
Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives,
of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears,
and brought them unto Aaron.
And he received them at their hand,
and fashioned it with a graving tool,
after he had made it a molten calf:

and they said,
These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

And when Aaron saw it,
he built an altar before it;
and Aaron made proclamation,
and said,
To morrow is a feast to the LORD.

And they rose up early on the morrow,
and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings;
and the people sat down to eat and to drink,
and rose up to play.

only if you think the Bible is an all inclusive manual -- you forgot about the traditions of His Church
Arch Stanton said:
only if you think the Bible is an all inclusive manual -- you forgot about the traditions of His Church

-------------------Posters----------------

When you wear the ""Ear Rings"" of the Gods of Egypt
all you have is;
"""ears to hear """ the Voice of those that speak for
the Egyptian Gods

vs. 25 .. And when Moses saw that the people were naked;
(for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies)
Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp,
and said, ............................

Ex.32:1

And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount,

And when the people saw that Moses delayed
(Tarried)
to come down out of the mount,
the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron,
and said unto him,

Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses,
the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt,
we wot not what is become of him

And Aaron said unto them,
Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives,
of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears,
and brought them unto Aaron.
And he received them at their hand,
and fashioned it with a graving tool,
after he had made it a molten calf:

and they said,
These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

And when Aaron saw it,
he built an altar before it;
and Aaron made proclamation,
and said,
To morrow is a feast to the LORD.

And they rose up early on the morrow,
and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings;
and the people sat down to eat and to drink,
and rose up to play.

Arch Stanton said:

-------------------Posters----------------

When you wear the ""Ear Rings"" of the Gods of Egypt
all you have is;
"""ears to hear """ the Voice of those that speak for
the Egyptian Gods

vs. 25 .. And when Moses saw that the people were naked;
(for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies)
Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp,
and said, ............................
Daniel 2:44-45 In the lifetime of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed or delivered up to another people; rather, it shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and put an end to them, and it shall stand forever. That is the meaning of the stone you saw hewn from the mountain without a hand being put to it, which broke in pieces the iron, bronze, clay, silver, and gold. The great God has revealed to the king what shall be in the future; this is exactly what you dreamed, and its meaning is sure.”

True that peter denied knowing Christ three times, but at the same time, neither did peter or any of the other apostles ever teach substantiation or that after ingestion of the bread and wine that they took on Gods essense and total being and became gods themselves.
Yep the communion at the Last Supper didn't supply Peter with a heap of grace etc did it? Excellent point. RCs bring up things that just shoot their beliefs in the foot.

Yep the communion at the Last Supper didn't supply Peter with a heap of grace etc did it? Excellent point. RCs bring up things that just shoot their beliefs in the foot.
Yep!. . . . . and here's another one.....

In John 13, the events of the Last Supper are given. In vs. 2 and 4 we read: "And supper being ended . . . [Jesus] rose up from supper, and laid aside His garments, and took a towel, and girded Himself. So, by this time in John's account Jesus had already given thanks for the bread, he had already broken it and said, "This is my body which is given for you." Luke 22:19.
Now, what's so interesting about John's account of the Last Supper, is that after Jesus blessed the bread and said, "This is my body," He referred to the communion bread as just merly bread. Vs. 26 states:

Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop,
when I have dipped it. And when He had dipped the
sop, He gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.

Did Jesus just lose track of what he was doing? Did Jesus misspeak? No, not hardly! According to Jesus' own words, the bread remained nothing other than ordinary dinner bread even after being blessed.

]]
Buzzard said:
well, Arch;
one thing is for certain;
they didn't teach this Crap-Ola

Mithraism was a religion in the Roman Empire in the 1st through 5th centuries AD. It was very popular among the Romans, especially among Roman soldiers, and was possibly the religion of several Roman emperors. While Mithraism was never given “official” status in the Roman Empire, it was the de facto official religion until Constantine and succeeding Roman emperors replaced Mithraism with Christianity. One of the key features of Mithraism was a sacrificial meal, which involved eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a bull. Mithras, the god of Mithraism, was “present” in the flesh and blood of the bull, and when consumed, granted salvation to those who partook of the sacrificial meal (this is known as theophagy, the eating of one’s god).

Arch Stanton said:
Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you DO NOT HAVE LIFE within you

For MY FLESH IS TRUE FOOD, and my blood is true drink.

This IS my body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of me

Give us today our daily bread

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ end arch post

Isaiah 66:4
I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them;
because when I called, none did answer;
when I spake, they did not hear:
but they did evil before mine eyes,
and chose that in which I delighted not

But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden,​
God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.​
eating the Flesh and drinking the Blood of Swine

17. They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves
in the gardens behind one tree in the midst,
eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse,
shall be consumed together, saith the Lord

In the year that king Ahaz died was this burden.
and the dogs came and licked the blood of Jezzie - Bella

the Bride doesn't
Eat the Flesh of Swine
nor drink thier Blood

Last edited:
Scripture clearly explains that "For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us." When John the Baptist first saw Jesus he proclaimed: "Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away thesin of the world." (John 1:29). Jesus fulfilled each and every OT type that pointed to the coming Messiah. ThIs included the Passover Lamb. He would die in our place. All who repented of their sins and accepted HIM by faith through His grace would be delivered from the bondage of sin and death. Of course, during the Last Supper, Jesus did not becone a literal lamb, nor did the bread become His literal body, nor did the wine become his literal blood. To the Jewish believers inattendance, it would have been clear that Jesus Himself was to be the sacrifice for their sins. Jesus would fultill the Jewish prophecy that the Messiah would bear our sins in His own body.

Back