The Calvinistic heresy of regeneration.

Leatherneck0311

The Calvinistic Heresy of Regeneration​

According to the Bible, "to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—". John 1:12b That is, people are not given the right to become children of God until they believe in Christ. Gal 3:26 "You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus," But Calvinists have it backwards. Under Calvinism a person cannot believe until he's been born of God. They get the order of faith and regeneration backwards. http://www.bcbsr.com/topics/calvinism_heresy.html

You've forgotten the first part of that verse, and the next verse John 1:13...it denies any of that took place by the will of the flesh, or the will of man &c.

They did all that BECAUSE they "were born of God." :)

Shucks, there it is again!

Oh, and Isaiah 65:1 & Romans 10:20...found by those who did not seek Him. Wonder what that gem means?

Anyhow, Happy Thanksgiving @Leatherneck0311 !!!

According to the Bible, "to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—". John 1:12b That is, people are not given the right to become children of God until they believe in Christ.

... BECAUSE they were regenerated:

John 1:13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

You have to ask yourself why LN has to stop MID-SENTENCE, and ignore the rest of what it says. It's because it refutes his false theology.

Gal 3:26 "You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus,"

Amen!
And faith is a gift by God.
And faith is the MEANS by which God saves His elect, not the "reason" they are saved and others are not.

But Calvinists have it backwards. Under Calvinism a person cannot believe until he's been born of God.

John 3:3 Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

They get the order of faith and regeneration backwards. http://www.bcbsr.com/topics/calvinism_heresy.html

It's amusing that you can't come up with your own objections, so you have to go to anti-sites.

According to the Bible, "to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—". John 1:12b That is, people are not given the right to become children of God until they believe in Christ. Gal 3:26 "You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus," But Calvinists have it backwards. Under Calvinism a person cannot believe until he's been born of God. They get the order of faith and regeneration backwards. http://www.bcbsr.com/topics/calvinism_heresy.html
Who said its heresy.

Faith before regeneration is damnable heresy.

The point scripture makes is no belief in Christ Jesus no regeneration.
The funny thing is you act like we regenerated ourselves in the way you handle yourself when attacking this Biblical truth. Seriously you've gotten out of control with the "heresy" thing.

I'll give a rebuttal to your accusation, showing that the label "heresy" is misused against us and what we believe.

If any of you still desire to call us this for the following beliefs, well, let's just say the charge of being irrational on your part is correct.

You know full well it was an act of God when He made us alive, taking us from our spiritually dead state, granting to us faith in His Son &c, and saving us. 1 Peter 1:1 also shows we "obtained" faith, and the interesting thing is there is the sense of it being "by divine allotment" in that text. Why our belief there triggers this "heresy" label (meant to damn us to hell?) is beyond me. For giving God ALL the glory, we are "heretics?" Hmmm. That's, let's say, weird, and non sequitur.

Nonetheless these are the teachings of Exekiel 36, 37, Ephesians 2; 1 & 2 Thessalonians 1, Colossians 1, the epistle of Romans &c.

We know, and we teach we were not regenerated by our will, choosing, deciding &c, John 1:12-13; Romans 9:11ff, James 1:18 &c support this. So, damned as heretics again for this, correct?

He quickened us, or "made us alive;" Ephesians 2:5 therefore it was life from the dead, and in His bringing us from spiritual death to life, He saved us by grace, which is in the same verse, and granted us faith, eternal life &c contextually.

This Biblical term "grace" means favor unmerited which excludes anything we have done, so it did not take place because we "exercised faith" as that would be based on something we've done, which you actually preach.

You cannot see (yet) how this destroys Biblical grace altogether, yet it does exactly this. That is not grace, saving grace can never be given based on a thing a person has done. Note 1 Timothy 1:17.

So those things being said, I would like to hear from the anti-Cal tribe on exactly what, in our specific beliefs described above, are damnable beliefs that send us to hell, or are just plain "heresy?"

Last edited:
The funny thing is you act like we regenerated ourselves in the way you handle yourself when attacking this Biblical truth. Seriously you've gotten out of control with the "heresy" thing.

I'll give a rebuttal to your accusation, showing that the label "heresy" is misused against us and what we believe.

If any of you still desire to call us this for the following beliefs, well, let's just say the charge of being irrational on your part is correct.

You know full well it was an act of God when He made us alive, taking us from our spiritually dead state, granting to us faith in His Son &c, and saving us. 1 Peter 1:1 also shows we "obtained" faith, and the interesting thing is there is the sense of it being "by divine allotment" in that text. Why our belief there triggers this "heresy" label (meant to damn us to hell?) is beyond me. For giving God ALL the glory, we are "heretics?" Hmmm. That's, let's say, weird, and non sequitur.

Nonetheless these are the teachings of Exekiel 36, 37, Ephesians 2; 1 & 2 Thessalonians 1, Colossians 1, the epistle of Romans &c.

We know, and we teach we were not regenerated by our will, choosing, deciding &c, John 1:12-13; Romans 9:11ff, James 1:18 &c support this. So, damned as heretics again for this, correct?

He quickened us, or "made us alive;" Ephesians 2:5 therefore it was life from the dead, and in His bringing us from spiritual death to life, He saved us by grace, which is in the same verse, and granted us faith, eternal life &c contextually.

This Biblical term "grace" means favor unmerited which excludes anything we have done, so it did not take place because we "exercised faith" as that would be based on something we've done, which you actually preach.

You cannot see (yet) how this destroys Biblical grace altogether, yet it does exactly this. That is not grace, saving grace can never be given based on a thing a person has done. Note 1 Timothy 1:17.

So those things being said, I would like to hear from the anti-Cal tribe on exactly what, in our specific beliefs described above, are damnable beliefs that send us to hell, or are just plain "heresy?"
If I had to pin down the one thing that concerns me most about Calvinism, from what I know about it, it is this:
What spirit is it who finds it acceptable and even preferable to indwell and regenerate a person who is at that moment unjustified?

Consider the following:
The Cross and Ascension had to occur before the Holy Spirit was sent by Christ at Pentecost (John 16:7).
In other words, the entire OT is a testament to multiple Justifications by many OT Saints way before the Regenerating Ministry of the Holy Spirit that took place at Pentecost and carried on after that.
In fact, the entire Bible does not contain even one occurrence of regeneration before justification.

Now if the Calvinists would instead say that their pre-Justification experience of the Holy Spirit was that of John 16:7-15 then I would accept that as Biblical.

If a Calvinist subsequently does repent and believe in Christ, after which he will definitely receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38).

If I had to pin down the one thing that concerns me most about Calvinism, from what I know about it, it is this:
What spirit is it who finds it acceptable and even preferable to indwell and regenerate a person who is at that moment unjustified?

Consider the following:
The Cross and Ascension had to occur before the Holy Spirit was sent by Christ at Pentecost (John 16:7).
In other words, the entire OT is a testament to multiple Justifications by many OT Saints way before the Regenerating Ministry of the Holy Spirit that took place at Pentecost and carried on after that.
In fact, the entire Bible does not contain even one occurrence of regeneration before justification.

Now if the Calvinists would instead say that their pre-Justification experience of the Holy Spirit was that of John 16:7-15 then I would accept that as Biblical.

If a Calvinist subsequently does repent and believe in Christ, after which he will definitely receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38).
Moment is a Temporal word brother, and the Temporal Order is simultaneous. The Logical Order doesn't erase the Temporal Order, which is only an Order in the Mind...

Back