The Chosen

Mike McK

Anyone here watch season 2 episode 1? Thoughts?
I keep getting clips of it on my Facebook page.

As a movie, it looks pretty good. As theology, I'm not so sure. I'm not really comfortable with somebody putting words in Jesus' mouth.

ziapueblo

As a movie, it looks pretty good. As theology, I'm not so sure. I'm not really comfortable with somebody putting words in Jesus' mouth.
I really enjoyed season 1 and the first episode of season 2 was really good. The show doesn't really get to theological with the audience, especially since people watching come from a diverse Christian perspective.

Yakuda

Anyone here watch season 2 episode 1? Thoughts?
I am late to the game here with the chosen. My daughter told me about it so my wife and I started watching it. I think it's good it just plays fast and loose with the elements of scripture. I am still undecided about it.

Yakuda

I understand your discomfort but nothing they added has been blasphemous or opposed to biblical teaching. I think there is some value in seeing Jesus as fully human. I think sometimes people loose sight of Jesus' humanity. I have to bet he laughed at and with people and cried and yelled. People miss his humanity because of the divinity and this seems to make Jesus human.

Mike McK

I understand your discomfort but nothing they added has been blasphemous or opposed to biblical teaching. I think there is some value in seeing Jesus as fully human. I think sometimes people loose sight of Jesus' humanity. I have to bet he laughed at and with people and cried and yelled. People miss his humanity because of the divinity and this seems to make Jesus human.
Isn't that part of the problem? That people try to remake Jesus in their own image and make Him more human and less divine?

Yakuda

Isn't that part of the problem? That people try to remake Jesus in their own image and make Him more human and less divine?
No. We are made in God's image. He was human and I don't think portraying Jesus as such makes him less divine. We need to see more of Jesus humanity so we can imitate it. He wasn't more divine than human.

ziapueblo

I think there is some value in seeing Jesus as fully human. I think sometimes people loose sight of Jesus' humanity. I have to bet he laughed at and with people and cried and yelled. People miss his humanity because of the divinity and this seems to make Jesus human.
This is what I really enjoy about the show. If you haven't seen episode 3 of season 4, it is great!