The Christian God is Love?

treeplanter

You're more than welcome to assassinate me for actually thinking.

I already did. I provided a rather well-developed list.
So, if you're not able to think, then I don't know what to say.

sigh.... no.
I stated that God's telling the man he has to remain married to her, and he cannot divorce her. As women were viewed as property in civilization back then, it seems to me that God was guaranteeing her needs being taken care of.
Or would you rather she become destitute, and incapable of caring for herself, and any children who were the offspring of the rape?

I think that you need to justify ignorance, so you can feel better about your ignorance.

Wow... yet you use it as something as though it's a weapon. THAT is sad.
If you're going to use such ideas, you should learn what they consist of prior to doing so.

I already did. You clearly didn't pay attention.
you know.... when you start paying attention--- let me know.
until then I'm done.
You're confused again, Steve

It's God who assassinates people for actually thinking
LHA would never do such a thing
I would never do such a thing

In fact, this is precisely why both LHA and myself are opposed to God - because HE WOULD AND DOES assassinate people for actually thinking and we think that it is evil and immoral to do so

Please, please take your own advice and learn to read for purposes of understanding and comprehension

Nouveau

Only of people who refuse to answer my legitimate questions. And more importantly, of people who think my legitimate questions are illegitimate, because they're so bound by their own biases.
I'll answer anything you want to ask me.

You'll evade anything I ask you.

Not quite the same, Steve.

SteveB

I choose morality
I choose what is right
I choose what is good
That is more important than life, Steve
If God condemns me to eternal death because I choose what is good and right over Him then so be it

We were created, inevitably compelled from birth, to sin at least once in life, thus warranting our eternal damnation, and you wonder why this is a problem???

Are you serious, Steve???
It is not good and just to consciously and purposefully cause someone to do wrong and then punish them for having done wrong
In fact, it is evil and immoral to do this

I didn't say that Romans 3:23 is the sum total of a Christian conceptualization
Here, once again, you are lying about what has been said to you, Steve!

What I said is that, within the Christian conceptualization, each of us are inevitably compelled to sin
As proof of this Christian conceptualization of man being fated to sin, I offered the following verses as proof:
Psalm 51:5
" Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me"
Romans 3:23
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God"

It follows, without saying, that if, as scripture affirms, we are fated to sin and fated for Hell then we ARE as automatons
We ARE, within the Christian conceptualization, programmed to sin at least once thus warranting our eternal damnation
i.e. automatons

Do you really think that you are telling me {or anyone else for that matter} something we don't already know???
Yes, of course, we "don't HAVE to be enslaved to our sin"!
Yes, of course, "God is offering us freedom from our sin"!
No duh, Steve!!!

Please try to understand this, though...
I reject God's offer!!!
The reason I reject God's offer is because I want nothing to do with an immoral being
He created me destined for Hell
It is evil and immoral to create a human being destined for Hell
That He then offers me an escape from the eternal damnation that He unjustly inflicted upon me is too little, too late
I'll be damned if I am going to kneel to Him, praise Him, or glorify Him
If you had any integrity, Steve, you wouldn't either

Great, God has put your housefire out, but what you are forgetting is that it was God who set your house on fire to begin with
So, you're SELF-righteous.

Got it.

But we are all like an unclean thing,

And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags;

We all fade as a leaf,

And our iniquities, like the wind,

Have taken us away.

I encourage you to read this article.

SteveB

1. This forum's software has not logged the 1000s of posts you made on previous iterations of the board
My original membership in the forum which was killed by hackers, or some software corruption had upwards of 22,000+ posts. In the forum which died mid summer, I had upwards of 2500 posts, there was yet another version of the forum, which was short-lived, also apparently to software corruption. I think there were somewhere around 300 posts on that one.

2. Are you really so stupid as to not understand that "1,034th time you have referenced a question without actually asking a question" is hyperbole? C'mon, Steve, not even your reading comprehension can be this poor!
That is what helps you justify your ignorance, and hate, so I'm no longer bothered with your accusations.

I'll tell you what is interesting, though:
That you would bother to post this nonsense instead of addressing God's immorality suggests that you have no defense of God and His wickedness
your idea of god is immoral, because you're immoral. Thus, what you think is god is an extension of you.

treeplanter

So, you're SELF-righteous.

Got it.

But we are all like an unclean thing,

And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags;

We all fade as a leaf,

And our iniquities, like the wind,

Have taken us away.

I encourage you to read this article.

Self-righteous = having or characterized by a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that one is totally correct or morally superior

Nope, doesn't fit
My certainty that we are morally superior to God is NOT an unfounded one!

WE are unclean things?
OUR righteousness is like a filthy rag?

Look at the source, Steve!
This is coming from a being who drowns babies, condones slavery, commands followers to kill unbelievers, etc

Shake Him off
Scrape Him off the bottom of your shoe

treeplanter

I'm assuming that you're mature enough to read for yourself.
And I had assumed that you are mature enough to simply ask a question rather than bitch and moan that your questions are never answered while simultaneously refusing to supply said question{s}

treeplanter

My original membership in the forum which was killed by hackers, or some software corruption had upwards of 22,000+ posts. In the forum which died mid summer, I had upwards of 2500 posts, there was yet another version of the forum, which was short-lived, also apparently to software corruption. I think there were somewhere around 300 posts on that one.

That is what helps you justify your ignorance, and hate, so I'm no longer bothered with your accusations.

your idea of god is immoral, because you're immoral. Thus, what you think is god is an extension of you.
I have done some immoral things, but nothing that comes anywhere close to the immorality of God

Whatsisface

Well, if you're not capable of reading, it doesn't matter what I provide.
I explained to you that they're scattered throughout my posts, so read my posts--- all of them. the forum software says I have over 700 posts.
This post is typical of you. It does and says nothing. There is no engagement or good will. Are you so frustrated because you can't get your message across that you post in this sullen manner? If so, you are obviously ignorant as to the good reasons your message fails.

Lighthearted Atheist

You're more than welcome to assassinate me for actually thinking.
Your 'thinking' is that making a woman marry her rapist is protecting her. Yes - I'll criticize that.
I already did. I provided a rather well-developed list.
So, if you're not able to think, then I don't know what to say.
I think just fine. Your 'list' had zero empirical evidence.
sigh.... no.
I stated that God's telling the man he has to remain married to her, and he cannot divorce her. As women were viewed as property in civilization back then, it seems to me that God was guaranteeing her needs being taken care of.
If this is how you rationalize that then I accept it. But if you think that making a victim of rape remain the property of her rapist is somehow taking care of her then....wow.
Or would you rather she become destitute, and incapable of caring for herself, and any children who were the offspring of the rape?
You cannot make this so it is a good thing to make a woman marry her rapist. Sorry dude.
I think that you need to justify ignorance, so you can feel better about your ignorance.
Sure buddy - sure.
Wow... yet you use it as something as though it's a weapon. THAT is sad.
If you're going to use such ideas, you should learn what they consist of prior to doing so.
Nonsensical.
I already did. You clearly didn't pay attention.
you know.... when you start paying attention--- let me know.
until then I'm done.
Same.

Lighthearted Atheist

you have previously unread posts that you need to deal with.
once you do, I'll deal with this.
Nope - we are done. You are immoral - like Stiggy and Crow you've shown that you cannot honestly deal with what God did in the OT. Instead you make horrifically immoral arguments to avoid saying God did something bad. Instead of being Christ-like or following the Golden Rule you are devoid of empathy and do not much care if children are killed or women are kept as sex slaves - as long as your religion is true and you get into heaven.

Your religion has made you, Stiggy, and Crow immoral.

There is nothing in your apolgetic defense of Christianity or your Christain moral stance that has value or I would ever share with my children. I teach them kindness to all and empathy. I will not teach them that it is good to make a woman marry her rapist.

Your apologetic defense of the faith has failed. To be a Christian, to accept your arguments as 'moral', I owuld have to become a psychopath. No thanks - I have far to much empathy to ever follow this morality.

Take care :)

PS: I cannot stress this enough: drowning babies is clearly bad. The best way to protect a woman is to get her away from her rapist. Please don't tell fathers to kill and burn their sons. Don't kidnap virgins and keep them as property. Don't tell the army to kill every man, woman, and child in Iraq just because we won the war. And do not actually do any of the things you claim to be morally OK. Most of what you consider 'moral' are felonies so reconsider.

Please.

SteveB

I have done some immoral things, but nothing that comes anywhere close to the immorality of God
then you testify against yourself that you are immoral. This immorality of yours is your own condemnation, and why you're indeed of a savior. So, if you're going to condemn yourself, when God says your own sin condemns you, why would you think that your own ideas of YHVH are accurate?
Seems to me that you've shot yourself in the foot, because you've conflated your own immorality, with what you think is someone else's.

SteveB

Nope - we are done. You are immoral - like Stiggy and Crow you've shown that you cannot honestly deal with what God did in the OT. Instead you make horrifically immoral arguments to avoid saying God did something bad. Instead of being Christ-like or following the Golden Rule you are devoid of empathy and do not much care if children are killed or women are kept as sex slaves - as long as your religion is true and you get into heaven.

Your religion has made you, Stiggy, and Crow immoral.

There is nothing in your apolgetic defense of Christianity or your Christain moral stance that has value or I would ever share with my children. I teach them kindness to all and empathy. I will not teach them that it is good to make a woman marry her rapist.

Your apologetic defense of the faith has failed. To be a Christian, to accept your arguments as 'moral', I owuld have to become a psychopath. No thanks - I have far to much empathy to ever follow this morality.

Take care :)

PS: I cannot stress this enough: drowning babies is clearly bad. The best way to protect a woman is to get her away from her rapist. Please don't tell fathers to kill and burn their sons. Don't kidnap virgins and keep them as property. Don't tell the army to kill every man, woman, and child in Iraq just because we won the war. And do not actually do any of the things you claim to be morally OK. Most of what you consider 'moral' are felonies so reconsider.

Please.
Yeah, the problem is that you assume babies were drowned.
Assuming makes more an a88 out of you than the person you're accusing.

SteveB

You're confused again, Steve
No confusion whatsoever. I think simply.
It's God who assassinates people for actually thinking
LHA would never do such a thing
I would never do such a thing
And yet, I've never even heard of this before your opened your mouth.
So, it seems to me that it is indeed you who are assassinating yourself.

In fact, this is precisely why both LHA and myself are opposed to God - because HE WOULD AND DOES assassinate people for actually thinking and we think that it is evil and immoral to do so
by all means, demonstrate for me where God assassinated anyone for thinking.

Please, please take your own advice and learn to read for purposes of understanding and comprehension
I do. Daily.
I've yet to see you do anything close to learning to read for the purpose, understanding and comprehension.

treeplanter

Yeah, the problem is that you assume babies were drowned.
Assuming makes more an a88 out of you than the person you're accusing.
Wrong, Steve

Scripture says that God drowned the entire human race {minus Noah & co}
Babies are a part of the entire human race - this is fact, not assumption

treeplanter

No confusion whatsoever. I think simply.

And yet, I've never even heard of this before your opened your mouth.
So, it seems to me that it is indeed you who are assassinating yourself.

by all means, demonstrate for me where God assassinated anyone for thinking.

I do. Daily.
I've yet to see you do anything close to learning to read for the purpose, understanding and comprehension.
Sending someone to Hell for the "crime" of believing in a different god is a form of assassination, Steve

treeplanter

And yet, I've asked dozens of questions, which have yet to be answered.
Oh yeah?
Name one, Steve

What kind of self-absorbed, immature and disingenuous individual would post "I've asked dozens of questions, which have yet to be answered" dozens and dozens and dozens of times without ever once simply providing a single question that has allegedly been asked?

treeplanter

then you testify against yourself that you are immoral. This immorality of yours is your own condemnation, and why you're indeed of a savior. So, if you're going to condemn yourself, when God says your own sin condemns you, why would you think that your own ideas of YHVH are accurate?
Seems to me that you've shot yourself in the foot, because you've conflated your own immorality, with what you think is someone else's.
I have done immoral things, but I am not in need of a savior - and certainly not a savior who's own immorality is infinitely more egregious than anything I could ever even conceive of, let alone accomplish in reality