The Church of Jesus Christ

Eisigeting verses is your specialty.
Eisegeting verses is your specialty. See how that works? Anyone can throw their opinion around. Quoting more verses isn't going to change the fact that Paul, according to you, is using pagan rituals to prove Christian beliefs. That makes no sense at all. I have yet to find anyone who can show us which pagans these were. Who was performing baptisms for the dead for purposes of the resurrection? In fact, what other religion teaches baptism as a necessity for entrance into the kingdom of God? As far as I know, Jesus is the only one who taught that, and taught it explicitly. Funny how quickly so-called Christians abandoned it as soon as it's popularity wained in the face of our teachings. You guys keep rearranging your doctrine to win membership. It's hilarious to watch or it would be if not so pathetic. I understand that now, even the Catholic church waves the need for baptism to be a member of their church - as long as someone baptised you, that's good enough - it still doesn't help the dead.

I wrote that out of respect
I don't think so. This is typical childhood behavior. When they can't have it their way, they take their toys, if they have any, and go home and they make a production out of it, announcing to everyone who will listen that they are leaving.

letting him know I wasn't going to reply further
Then don't.
No surprise you would turn it into a personal attack.
Nah. I'm just pointing out that there's no need to announce it.

I don't think so.
Since I am the author of that post, and I know my heart and you don't, you are attacking my character.
This is typical childhood behavior. When they can't have it their way, they take their toys, if they have any, and go home
And yet now an off-handed ad hom.
and they make a production out of it, announcing to everyone who will listen that they are leaving.
I wrote the post to db. You are the one who decided to make a production out of it by writing your derogatory comment. Had you not responded, which I would have recommended because it was written on a personal level, my comment would have accomplished what I had intended it to accomplish. Letting him know I wouldn't be responding further. And now...now you have made a production out of it.
Then don't.
I haven't. That's the point of letting him know, so he is aware I will not comment any further with him on the matter. Again, respect.
Nah. I'm just pointing out that there's no need to announce it.
It's about respect, and with any due respect to you, from the tenor of so many of your comments I would gather you don't know the first thing about treating others with respect. At least that's my experience.

Bless you boj,

Ldb

I believe it was the Biblical text which made the claim:

2 Corinthians 4:4---New Living Translation
4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
How did he become god!
It's pretty clear that if I have to defend my beliefs than somebody must be attacking it. And that someone looks to me like it's you and the other credits on this board. How are you just going to bloviate or are you going to answer the question?

Clearly false. Continue gloviating. I don't think you'll ever answer the question.

More relevant useless tripe. I'm still waiting for an answer.

*Yawn*

It gets worse. So far off course. Answer me this question, does your church have a temple? Yes or no. Does it have anything that even remotely resembles the temple and worship in the them as described in Revelations? Yes or not. Quite beating around the bush.

So, I believe this is the end of the load of hooey and still no answer to the question.
LOL No, my Church, Christ Jesus,does not have a Temple made from hands of men that you are somehow championing as necessary, only the Temple of the HS.

You don’t defend your beliefs in that you don’t define or articulate your beliefs…you only follow a baseline of talking points.

I will gather you do not have a TR…classic BoJ.

How did he become god!
You are missing the point... Intentionally, I believe. The point is, we are not making it up. It is a Biblical fact. If you have a. Issue with it go argue with the author.
LOL No, my Church, Christ Jesus,does not have a Temple
The , clearly, your church isn't the church that John saw would exist in the last days. That appears to be a serious problem. That would indicate that your church is an imposter.

Of course, you could just explain how the Bible is wrong, but that still leaves you empty handed.
You don’t defend your beliefs
I think that's obviously false.
that you don’t define or articulate your beliefs
Also false. You don't get to define my beliefs, so the fact that I disagree with what you claim I believe doesn't mean I don't articulate them. In fact, I do and I am very clear about what I believe and I'm pretty sure that those beliefs are aligned with what my church and it's leaders teach. But I sense that the argument is about to change and your starting off into another rabbit hole.

The results of this argument have been met, we are being attacked by so-called Christians for resembling the actual New Testament church when they have nothing even remotely like it. No prophets, no apostles, not temples. One has to wonder, what is the source of their organization. It certainly isn't the Bible.
you only follow a baseline of talking points.
I'm pretty sure that's not true either. But more to the point, why doesn't your church have these very basic Biblical elements? In fact, why is it an issue to have continued scripture? The New Testament church had continuing scripture. What happened? Why are you guys so far off the baseline?

I do see that is a define need for you to change the subject.

Okay how does that take away from the Jews that ran the Temple? The very Jews that crucified Christ? You just Cherry pick verses without reading in context, a few verses up it reads …”And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go…”

These folks were beaten and persecuted for preaching Christ…they did not control or run the Temple, not even close to that, and never did. Do you know what the Christian fish is? It is called the “ichthus,” it was a symbol of and for believers…they would scratch it in the dirt as a communication that they were believers, a symbol that if detected might mean death. And you whine when you come here and start posts to raise the hair on folks and then claim persecution? Hah, all the while believing you are a God in embryo! How many times have you been beaten for your faith?..give me a break DB.

If you were honest here you would take the time to try to understand Christian doctrine and interpretations, but you just parrot the same propaganda over and over. And yo say what i say …LDS doctrine defined is hooey…LOL okay

How do you interpret "why are 'they' baptized for the dead" are you thinking this is about heathens? Isn't this Paul teaching us and them that there is a resurrection? Or is this Paul teaching the disciples and Christians that these were only baptisms for the heathen... isn't that groundless. Regardless, why would you preach a doctrine of a Chosen few and that billions of others would be cast out, what better motive than a resurrection for all, reason alone!

I believe it's time you quit. If your argument didn't add up in the numerous attempts previous to this post---then the best bet is--- you aren't going to make money if you continue.
Not quiting. We will never find common ground so interacting is futile and discretion IS the better part of Valor. I feel great compassion for you db and continue to pray for your salvation from the lies you embrace, promote and dream about becoming a god by.

Bless you,

Ldb

How did he become god!

You might want to ask that of those who translated the Biblical NT:

2 Corinthians 4:4---New Living Translation
4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

The "how" is a question which could only be asked if indeed ---he is.

Not quiting. We will never find common ground so interacting is futile and discretion IS the better part of Valor

And the testimony of the scriptures is the better part of truth:

1 Corinthians 15:23---King James Version
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Which "they" is spelled the same way here:

1 Corinthians 15:29---King James Version
29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

Back