The Church recognizes the Father as "the source and origin of the whole divinity".

There is no source. God is . A source is something that is obtained from. God is Eternal and Immutable, Self Sufficient and the Father, Son and Holy Spirit Co-Equal. Source implies origin which is an oxymoron within The Tri-Unity of God.

Are you saying the Catholic Catechism is WRONG in saying...

The apostolic faith concerning the Spirit was confessed by the second ecumenical council at Constantinople (381): "We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and giver of life, who proceeds from the Father." By this confession, the Church recognizes the Father as "the source and origin of the whole divinity".

The apostolic faith concerning the Spirit was confessed by the second ecumenical council at Constantinople (381): "We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord and giver of life, who proceeds from the Father." By this confession, the Church recognizes the Father as "the source and origin of the whole divinity".
Where is that in the Bible ?

Can you find it for me, thanks !

Where is that in the Bible ?

Can you find it for me, thanks !

I didn’t say it was in the Bible. I said it was in the Catholic Catechism section on the Trinity.

So my question is...

I didn’t say it was in the Bible. I said it was in the Catholic Catechism section on the Trinity.

So my question is...

I'm saying if its not in the Bible then I do not believe it when it concerns God. Creeds are secondary to Scripture. Scripture is inspired by God, not the creeds.

I'm first and foremost a Biblical Trinitarian and the creeds are valuable resources and historical church documents but they are not Scripture nor inspired by God.

hope this helps !!!

There is no source. God is . A source is something that is obtained from. God is Eternal and Immutable, Self Sufficient and the Father, Son and Holy Spirit Co-Equal. Source implies origin which is an oxymoron within The Tri-Unity of God.

next
I told Yachristian 3 crash sites ago that the Latins did not like the Greeks use of the words source ,or origin, on account of implying causation, which imports motion and movement. Ironically by ancient standards Yachristians ,Oneness, and Unitarians theology alike is closer to polytheism. They all Divide the Substance in every other sentence.

...... Alan

I told Yachristian 3 crash sites ago that the Latins did not like the Greeks use of the words source ,or origin, on account of implying causation, which imports motion and movement. Ironically by ancient standards Yachristians ,Oneness, and Unitarians theology alike is closer to polytheism. They all Divide the Substance in every other sentence.

...... Alan
Thanks for the heads up he loves to cause division/discord.

I told Yachristian 3 crash sites ago that the Latins did not like the Greeks use of the words source ,or origin, on account of implying causation, which imports motion and movement.

So what do YOU personally believe...

Is the Catholic Catechism WRONG in saying...

False. Three distinct PERSONS.

And you believe one of those distinct Persons is YHWH the Father, another one of those distinct Persons is YHWH the Son, and the other distinct Person is YHWH the Holy Spirit.

Correct?

That is three distinct YHWHs.

I realize you also believe they are all in one Being named YHWH as well.

So technically, you have four distinct referents for the name YHWH.

And you believe one of those distinct Persons is YHWH the Father, another one of those distinct Persons is YHWH the Son, and the other distinct Person is YHWH the Holy Spirit.

Correct?

That is three distinct YHWHs.

I realize you also believe they are all in one Being named YHWH as well.

So technically, you have four distinct referents for the name YHWH.
We worship One God in Three Persons. God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit. Trinity in Unity and Unity in Trinity. One YHWH in one person, and another, and another. A Relation of Identity . Every Person by Himself is YHWH Elohim. God is at once Three Persons. Not three beings, not three gods, not three yhwhs. And most certainly not 4 different referents.

You know the 2nd century analogy gives proper perspective when it says Trinitas," God is One in Condition, three in Degree, One in Kind, three in Form, One in Power, three in Aspect".

If your starting premise is " this word person only means individual composite subject" which could not even exist in God, then we will perpetually argue in circles, leaving you like many devoid of intellect in adequately expressing verities of the Divine. You should then take Divine Person to mean- The incommunicable existence in the Divine Nature.

You are constantly given proper context, yet fallaciously persist on debating against corporal and created condition in words and terms which does not properly belong to God.

......Alan

he somehow thinks we do not know he has asked these same questions literally a 1000 times.

it borders on delusional.

It is like talking to a brick wall.

.......Alan

I am sure those who visit the forum in the future will not be convinced of your view simply because you can come up with derogatory remarks.

It would be more convincing if you were able to answer simple questions IMO...

I am sure those who visit the forum in the future will not be convinced of your view simply because you can come up with derogatory remarks.

Asked and answered Presentist. I told you," source and origin" in verities of the divine is to be taken as First Principle, on account of "source and origin" said of God is taken in an equivocal sense. . So NO I do not object to the profession of Faith, I simply rightly understand what is meant to be understood. The Holy Scriptures themselves literally tells us what we can mean of any word or term as applied to God, because, What is predicated to God is God.

P.S I was not being derogatory insomuch as expressing just how taxing you persist on being. Tell me what is the point of answering your straw when you are just going to perceive it the complete opposite of what is meant? Remember you stated," words have meaning". Well the term in words are quite " virtual" ,when said of " Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent.

.......Alan,

remarks online and not in person can be taken in a variety of ways....

often times dependant upon our own outlook, mood, point/points of view.

it's good to remember the verse about thinking about "whatsoever things are good", and to "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
or other verses also.

a point being, that we can try to think of the other person in a more positive light - just in case, if nothing else... but also, because we don't know (probably) how they meant things exactly by this or that statement online - as much as we might be more able to try to figure it out from other information in person - missing online - and with many difficulties presenting to us in communicating with others oftentimes it can soon be seen.

Last edited:

if all we do is answer simple questions, but the person does not seem to understand or get what we are saying though said over and over again, we might have to try a different way to communicate with them - because we are not being heard/understoood - though simple were our words.

this is wisdom. and people communicate in various ways and for various reasons. this is people. and ways of thinking and communicating - and there are very many different reasons for the many ways different people communicate and at various times in life and in different situations - changing from one to another and from person to person - unending of spectrums of thought and of mood, and of learning and of habit and of character...

Last edited:
NO I do not object to the profession of Faith,

Okay, so I am correct to say...

“Trinitarians believe the Father is the source and origin of the whole divinity.”

Would I be correct to say...

“Trinitarians believe the Son is the source and origin of the whole divinity.”

Back