Very well put!Basically "Theologians" specialize in the art of generating Theological CONFUSION, and in some cases religious organizations are organized around specific confusions.
To fabricate a doctrine:
1) See something in Scripture, and form an opinion about what it says.
2) Go through the Bible and collect all the passages that appear to SUPPORT your opinion. Catalog them as your "Proof Texts".
3) Go through the Bible and collect all the passages that appear to refute your opinion. Catalog them as your "Problem Texts".
4) Create viable rationalizations for your "Problem Texts", so that they are "properly understood" to not disagree with your "Proof Texts".
5) GO ahead and teach your opinion as Biblical TRUTH to whomever will listen.
6) When enough people take your opinion(s) seriously, you've got a denomination!!!!
Simple as that.
So, how do you avoid this conundrum?