The Climate Is So Bad..........

Some here do not see the implications of that

Point of information there were no humans around then.

Perhaps you could try and explain that to some here

I agree on seasonal vegetables but the issue is slightly more complicated than just cutting down on meat consumption - although the barbarity of intense/industrial/factory farming is something I would gladly see gone.

Including some, whom I suspect, hold religious beliefs.
Ok a couple of points. The reference to the Devonian period was about the dry hot periods which have occured throughout time, that there were no humans around doesnt change that point.
The cutting down on meat consumption is because of better livestock husbandry to allow the soil to retain c02 and that will mean the end of intensive farming.

The Christian message of Christ is sacrificial love. This means thinking of God's purposes and others rather than ones own self gratification which is the sin of the flesh life and the world.

That us exactly what it's about. If your going to claim the planet is abnormally warm because of human activity then I would simply ask is how do you know its abnormal if you have no idea what a normal climate is supposed to look like?
I do not recall using the word "abnormal".

Ok a couple of points. The reference to the Devonian period was about the dry hot periods which have occured throughout time, that there were no humans around doesnt change that point.
For that period no it does not. For future human existence it is going to.
The cutting down on meat consumption is because of better livestock husbandry to allow the soil to retain c02 and that will mean the end of intensive farming.
And eating less meat per meal and less often with an increase in legumes [beans/lentils] and more vegetables.
The Christian message of Christ is sacrificial love. This means thinking of God's purposes and others rather than ones own self gratification which is the sin of the flesh life and the world.
My emphasis. Perhaps some of our Christian contributors could bear that in mind.

...and it is so aggravatingly bad that the sport of data collection and analysis is in a bear market.

- Lake Powell
- Lake Meade

Please, please don't give a hoot, just continue to pollute our atmosphere. :sneaky: Go team Putin! Keep pumping the oil. :unsure:
___

...it's so bad that water levels on the Rhine River are decreasing enough to affect nuclear power generation and coal transport. Sometimes, people don't respond to scientific analysis until it begins to affect their pocketbook.

Rhine River (German Federal Institute of Hydrology graph)

"Given that global climate change could increase the frequency and intensity of extreme weather events in the future (IPCC 2018), assessing their economic consequences is becoming increasingly relevant, also for macroeconomic analyses and economic policy. In this vein, several central banks have started to evaluate the consequences of climate change for the conduct of monetary policy and acknowledge that weather-related supply shocks, for instance due to droughts and heatwaves, can generate a trade-off between stabilizing inflation or output (Coeuré 2018)."

___

Last edited:
So despite requests to provide attested scientific evidence to support your claims, you cannot do [because there is none] you instead resort to personal attacks. A clear indication you have lost any credibility.
I’m wasn’t attacking your person unless you’re now claiming your fallaciousness as your person‼️‼️‼️???

SHEESSH‼️‼️

Ok, Lets get back to presenting your evidence instead of protecting it so I can refute it.

Hopefully you won’t get all offended again and claim bad evidence is a part of you, but then again, maybe you belief your person is defined by the bad evidence and fallacious thinking you embrace or maybe you can’t distinguish a personal attack from an attack on your bad arguments. I’m just trying to understand you

For that period no it does not. For future human existence it is going to.

And eating less meat per meal and less often with an increase in legumes [beans/lentils] and more vegetables.

My emphasis. Perhaps some of our Christian contributors could bear that in mind.
Probably, yes and perhaps all of us should

Probably, yes and perhaps all of us should
No perhaps about it. We also, and most importantly, have to cut emissions drastically to prevent further disaster.

What has already been pumped into our atmosphere and the impact that will have cannot be stopped, but humans need to reconsider how they wish to proceed in the future and that requires political will.

I’m wasn’t attacking your person unless you’re now claiming your fallaciousness as your person‼️‼️‼️???

SHEESSH‼️‼️

Ok, Lets get back to presenting your evidence instead of protecting it so I can refute it.

Hopefully you won’t get all offended again and claim bad evidence is a part of you, but then again, maybe you belief your person is defined by the bad evidence and fallacious thinking you embrace or maybe you can’t distinguish a personal attack from an attack on your bad arguments. I’m just trying to understand you
You have had ample opportunity to defend your opinions and have failed miserably.

Back