The Climate Is So Bad..........

Not an overly "Christian" reply. You are alright and close to the end of your life but what about others on this planet and what of future generations?
They'll do NOTHING of significance one way or another - just like they've BEEN DOING. But HEY!!! It's all a scam anyway.

Next question???

...it's so bad that water levels on the Rhine River are decreasing enough to affect nuclear power generation and coal transport. Sometimes, people don't respond to scientific analysis until it begins to affect their pocketbook.

Rhine River (German Federal Institute of Hydrology graph)

"Given that global climate change could increase the frequency and intensity of extreme weather events in the future (IPCC 2018), assessing their economic consequences is becoming increasingly relevant, also for macroeconomic analyses and economic policy. In this vein, several central banks have started to evaluate the consequences of climate change for the conduct of monetary policy and acknowledge that weather-related supply shocks, for instance due to droughts and heatwaves, can generate a trade-off between stabilizing inflation or output (Coeuré 2018)."

___
I see, so this is the first time in 4.5 billion years that the Rhine River had a low water level?

....it is the worst in the American west in 1,200 years.

___
I wonder what the climate was out west a couple of million years ago? I bet it was awful hot then too and that caused all kinds of problems. Species have come and gone during the whole life cycle of the planet, nothing that is happening now is anything new.

Climate change isn't new, but its current acceleration is anthropogenic.

___
I disagree. Every time the climate got hot, then cold, then got hot again in the past happened without man being the prime factor. The earth that is basically alive with constant change is the prime factor. You folks have lost it concerning this issue. Man as a species will be long gone, but the planet will still remain, constantly changing.

No perhaps about it. We also, and most importantly, have to cut emissions drastically to prevent further disaster.

What has already been pumped into our atmosphere and the impact that will have cannot be stopped, but humans need to reconsider how they wish to proceed in the future and that requires political will.
Political will wont be easy because people are selfish. .. and politics usually has other agendas

I disagree. Every time the climate got hot, then cold, then got hot again in the past happened without man being the prime factor. The earth that is basically alive with constant change is the prime factor. You folks have lost it concerning this issue. Man as a species will be long gone, but the planet will still remain, constantly changing.
Mass extinctions have certainly occurred in the past and life has come back often more diversely than previously - the last 65 million years or so is a good example. And as long as our star keeps giving out enough heat life will continue.

The issue is that what our own folly has created [and if we continue on our present course will create] is the total destruction of other life and ecosystems [on which we depend] also has has an ethical dimension. The drastic impact on human life will include famine, drought, mass migration, wars for resources, and the increased risk of pathogens via zoonosis or through vectors moving into new regions.

It is a potential recipe to almost destroy human life and reduce the existence of the survivors to something far below the standard of living to which many in industrialised societies have become accustomed.

Back