The Consecration of Russia and Ukraine

Then I'm converting to Judaism.
Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Good thing I am not a Galatian ;)
You follow their lead by converting to Judaism.

Jesus did not build RCC with its unwritten uninspired Tradition and two 'sinless mediators and advocates'.
"And Jesus answering, said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father, who is in heaven. And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven."

"And Jesus answering, said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father, who is in heaven. And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven."
And? Does petra = peter? If yes, why? If no (and its not) then the church wasn't built on Peter. See how two minutes of study keeps you from error?

And? Does petra = peter? If yes, why? If no (and its not) then the church wasn't built on Peter. See how two minutes of study keeps you from error?
That is the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity founding a hierarchical, visible society on Earth to teach, rule and sanctify man, with Peter as the head.

Peter not RCC; neither Scripture, Jesus, nor his apostles spoke of RCC's apostolic succession.

That is the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity founding a hierarchical, visible society on Earth to teach, rule and sanctify man, with Peter as the head.
Shock, another catholic that can't answer a question. Does petra = Peter? You are Petros and upon THIS petra i will build my church.

The founding of which was SO important, that it's only recorded in 1 of the 4 Gospels :rolleyes:. If you're shooting 25% from the floor, you can expect a bad night. Kind of like Loyola (CHI) against Ohio State.

The founding of which was SO important, that it's only recorded in 1 of the 4 Gospels :rolleyes:. If you're shooting 25% from the floor, you can expect a bad night. Kind of like Loyola (CHI) against Ohio State.
Should we remember this ^^ when Paul is the only one to say something? ? ?:rolleyes:

Was our Lord speaking Greek when He made that declaration?

Who was He giving the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven to?

Was our Lord speaking Greek when He made that declaration?

Who was He giving the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven to?
What language did the Holy Spirit move the writers to write in? We all have the keys as long as they are used with their intended purpose...i.e. the gospel. The rcc doesn't know the gospel so its pretend keys do exactly nothing.

What language did the Holy Spirit move the writers to write in? We all have the keys as long as they are used with their intended purpose...i.e. the gospel. The rcc doesn't know the gospel so its pretend keys do exactly nothing.
Christ didn't say He was giving everyone the keys, now did he? He said He was giving Peter the keys and the power to bind and loose. This is confirmed in the history of the Church.

Christ didn't say He was giving everyone the keys, now did he? He said He was giving Peter the keys and the power to bind and loose. This is confirmed in the history of the Church.
but some posters believe the keys represent the gospel instead of authority... so we all have the keys? ?

Within context, the keys were given to the apostles; textual contortions would come up with apostolic succession.
What utter nonsense. Christ is not addressing all the apostles. He is clearly addressing Peter:

"Simon Peter answering said: Thou art Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answering, said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father, who is in heaven. And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. **And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven. Then he commanded his disciples, that they should tell no one that he was Jesus the Christ."

Sacred Scripture is replete with examples of the mission of the Church extending to bishops and the imposing of hands for the confirmation of Holy Orders.

"But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. And the saying pleased all the multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte of Antioch. These they set before the apostles: and they, praying, imposed hands upon them."

"And as they were ministering to the Lord, and fasting, the Holy Ghost said to them: Separate me Saul and Barnabas, for the work to which I have taken them. Then they fasting and praying, and imposing their hands upon them, sent them away."

"Take heed to yourselves, and to all the flock, over which the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood."

"These they set before the apostles: and they, praying, imposed hands upon them."

"A faithful saying: If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work."

"Neglect not the grace which is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the imposition of the hands of the priesthood."

"For this cause I left thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and shouldst ordain priests in every city, as I also appointed thee."

Obey your prelates, and be subject to them. For they watch, as being to render an account of your souls, that they may do this with joy, and not with grief: for this is not expedient for you.

What utter nonsense. Christ is not addressing all the apostles. He is clearly addressing Peter:

"Simon Peter answering said: Thou art Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answering, said to him: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father, who is in heaven. And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. **And whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth, it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose upon earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven. Then he commanded his disciples, that they should tell no one that he was Jesus the Christ."

Sacred Scripture is replete with examples of the mission of the Church extending to bishops and the imposing of hands for the confirmation of Holy Orders.

"But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. And the saying pleased all the multitude. And they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas, a proselyte of Antioch. These they set before the apostles: and they, praying, imposed hands upon them."

"And as they were ministering to the Lord, and fasting, the Holy Ghost said to them: Separate me Saul and Barnabas, for the work to which I have taken them. Then they fasting and praying, and imposing their hands upon them, sent them away."

"Take heed to yourselves, and to all the flock, over which the Holy Ghost hath placed you bishops, to rule the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood."

"These they set before the apostles: and they, praying, imposed hands upon them."

"A faithful saying: If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work."

"Neglect not the grace which is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the imposition of the hands of the priesthood."

"For this cause I left thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and shouldst ordain priests in every city, as I also appointed thee."

Obey your prelates, and be subject to them. For they watch, as being to render an account of your souls, that they may do this with joy, and not with grief: for this is not expedient for you.
Laying on hands does not make successive apostles.

Back