The conundrum of faith and the Calvinist

Prevenient Faith is the First-Factor of Salvation for the Pelagian. It means they are Saved by Faith through Grace; after all the Works they can do...
Prevenient Faith is the First-Factor of Salvation for the Pelagian. It means they are Saved by Faith through Grace; after all the Works they can do...
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 6:28 - Then said they unto him,What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 6:29 - Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God,that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. Isn’t believing in Jesus according to Jesus a work of God, and isn’t a work of God pleasing to God ?

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 6:28 - Then said they unto him,What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 6:29 - Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God,that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Isn’t believing in Jesus according to Jesus a work of God, and isn’t a work of God pleasing to God ?
There are a couple of ways these Verses are interpreted; God Works Faith into us, or the Works God requires from us (IE Christ's Good record) are accessed through Faith in Jesus Christ...

Last edited:
Translated: Leatherneck is going to keep reading error into the scripture because ignoring context is the norm for his church.
Lol, since you have God 100% figured out in your own mind you have zero room for anyone who cares that you are absolutely destroying the context of scripture, got ya.I read from scripture that God loves us and provided the only way to redemption through Jesus Christ. I do not put up road blocks between Jesus and people. I tell them He loves them and died for them because He loves them and if they will trust Him He will save them.it is called the good news.

In verse 28 Jesus is asked what works shall we do.

In verse 29 Jesus tells them this is the work of God to believe in me.

and you and yours. Thank you.
I stand corrected, there are three interpretations...

But I have a hard time believing Jesus ever meant us to believe that Faith is a Work. This is where a Systematic Theology comes into play; should we believe Saint Paul is wrong about 'not by Works', or maybe Jesus meant one of the other possible meanings rather are true?

I stand corrected, there are three interpretations...

But I have a hard time believing Jesus ever meant us to believe that Faith is a Work. This is where a Systematic Theology comes into play; should we believe Saint Paul is wrong about 'not by Works', or maybe Jesus meant one of the other possible meanings rather are true?
Not of works as merit to attain salvation . Didn’t Jesus say this is “the” work of God “a” work of God to believe in Jesus ?

Not of works as merit to attain salvation . Didn’t Jesus say this is “the” work of God “a” work of God to believe in Jesus ?
I would say that as a stand-alone Pretext, that's a perfectly fine answer. But as a Theologian, that's not something I can do. I think that when there are multiple-choice answers, we should choose the answer which best fits with All Scripture...

Lol, since you have God 100% figured out in your own mind you have zero room for anyone who cares that you are absolutely destroying the context of scripture, got ya
Project much?

I read from scripture that God loves us and provided the only way to redemption through Jesus Christ. I do not put up road blocks between Jesus and people.
More accurately, you can't do that. You don't even the power to believe on your own. You need God to grant to you the ability to believe (Php 1:29 et. al.). Soli Deo Gloria!!

I tell them He loves them and died for them because He loves them and if they will trust Him He will save them.it is called the good news.
I don't tell them that. I tell them what Paul says, Christ died for sinners (Rom 5:8).

Back