The correlation between guns and mass murders

The NYT has a serious analysis of mass murders among the countries of the world, and the clear conclusion is that the high rate unique to the USA is due to our high rate of gun ownership and relatively lax laws dealing with guns.

The article has multiple graphs and links, but I think it is behind a paywall, so I will provide some key passages:
You seem to be so good at this. Would you mind doing a correlation between the invention of the automobile in auto accidents?

I say the problem is not guns in America, it's mental illness and depression......If you fix these issues, you will have less "mass murders".....

You are admitting that you consider abortion a hobby. Very interesting
You consider owning a deadly weapon to be a hobby.

I never said anything like that about abortion, but your failure in reading comprehension is par for the course.

That's not QUITE what the 2nd amendment says.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It doesn't say that we have the right to bear arms if we are "in a well-regulated militia".

Since you're so big on the exactness of the law (see your comment about the law not recognizing abortion as murder, even though it's the purposeful killing of another (innocent) human being), one might think that you'd have a desire to get THIS one right too.

But alas.....
The Founders decided not to have a standing army, and instead rely on "well-regulated militias". In order to have functioning militias it was necessary to ensure that they be armed. That is how the 2nd should be read.

Abortion does not meet the legal definition of murder.

The Founders decided not to have a standing army, and instead rely on "well-regulated militias". In order to have functioning militias it was necessary to ensure that they be armed. That is how the 2nd should be read.

Many people read it another way, their right.

Are you saying the US military is unconstitutional? I guess when they were part of the commonwealth, England didnt want them having an army....

Laws can change, and if they do, it can be.called murder

You consider owning a deadly weapon to be a hobby.

I never said anything like that about abortion, but your failure in reading comprehension is par for the course.
I was talking about hobbies, you mentioned abortion, so logical conclusion

Are you serious?

It divides it up by homicide, suicide, legal intervention, accident, and undetermined.

In other words, some of the gun deaths in these statistics are *accidents* - victims who are "innocent".

Is there another subject you want to wade into that you are woefully ignorant of yet talk as if you know something? Because your track record the past week or so is...not good.
The term used is "accident" not "innocent".
Innocent is not a special category.

Back